Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UAL's Captain Denny Flanagan (In-Flight Experiences, Sightings, Schedule, etc.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 23, 2016, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: paranoiatx
Captain Denny's Retirement flight roll call. Please list your handle, cabin, and when you will be arriving in SEA, where we will arrange a dinner on 5/30.

Pat89339 - F - arriving 5/30
legalalien - F - arriving 5/31 (I can guest 2 into UC at either SEA or ORD)
Jubileesmom-F-arriving 5/30 ( I also can guest 2 into UC. )
Whiskarina - F - arriving 5/30
wxguy - F - arriving 5/30 via Capt Denny's second to last flight
FlyerBeek - F - arriving 5/29
JeepGuyDE - F - arriving 5/29 (need guesting into UC)
jmd001 - F - arriving 5/30 (would appreciate guesting into UC)
texasex95 - Y - arriving 5/31 (hopefully 5/30 if I can change my flight)
alanro - F - arriving 5/30 (I can also guest 2 into UC)
mendicantmonk - Y - arriving 5/30 (need guesting into UC)
SFO 1K - F - arriving 5/30 (I can guest 2 into UC)
wtigerFF - F - arriving 5/30 UA 635 (I can guest 2 into UC)
YRKInsider - F - arriving 5/30 UA 635 (can guest 2 into UC)
N1120A - F - Arriving 5/31 UA635 (Probably need guesting into UC)
CleUnited - Y - Arriving 5/30 (hopefully)
cawhite - F -arriving 5/30 UA635
paranoiatx - F - arriving 5/28 (can guest 2 into UC and/or 1 into CL)
Print Wikipost

UAL's Captain Denny Flanagan (In-Flight Experiences, Sightings, Schedule, etc.)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2018, 5:52 am

Thanks for organizing! Please add a +1 to soupxxxx.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Great company, great food. Thanks, Pat89339, for bringing all of us and Capt Denny together last night.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 1:16 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jmd001
Great company, great food. Thanks, Pat89339, for bringing all of us and Capt Denny together last night.
It was great to see old friends and meet a few new (to me) FTers. What a great evening it was. It made me realize how much I've missed these dinners since Denny retired. Although the ride back to the City on BART was rather creepy, I survived.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

I received an email from Captain Denny this morning that he'd like me to pass along to all FlyerTalkers.

He was asked to come back to Oshkosh for the second time in three years to give the kick off speech Sunday night at 8:30pm July 21st. He would like to cross paths with any FlyerTalkers who may be there. Here is the information from the Official Airshow Kick-Off Program:
8:30 p.m. Capt. Denny Flanagan may be one of the most unusual four stripers you'll ever meet. When is the last time your Captain bought you pizza while you waited for a delayed departure? Denny has probably created greater personal connections with his passengers in 30 seconds than any formal loyalty program has in 30 years. "I just treated everyone like it's the first flight they've ever flown," said the Navy veteran. During layovers, he'd write thank you notes on the back of his business cards for the next flight, adding passenger names from the manifest after boarding. “I'd ask the FA to give out 50 cards to first class, and to those in middle seats in coach. The results of these gestures was quite surprising. Denny shares some of his funniest and most entertaining stories.
Two weeks ago he celebrated his 50th High School Reunion. He had a meet and greet at Farm Flanagan the night before and 87 attended. He contacted the pregnancy center and asked what they needed then asked his classmates to bring diapers size 4T. It was a very successful venture with 4353 diapers collected. He asked that I post this, as it may give someone the same idea for their upcoming reunion. He believes it is the responsibility of each generation to pass along what they have done that worked to future generations.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Denny just sent a text asking that I post that his son Connor is a Christian hip hop singer and will be performing live tonight (August 19) at 8:30 P.M. EDT. He provided a link to youtube.
iluv2fly, wxguy, FlyerBeek and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thanks Pat89339 !

https://www.aviationspeakers.com/denny-flanagan

Originally Posted by Pat89339
Denny just sent a text asking that I post that his son Connor is a Christian hip hop singer and will be performing live tonight (August 19) at 8:30 P.M. EDT. He provided a link to youtube. https://youtu.be/dp599InWO-Y
connorflanaganmusic.com
sounds good, 'old school'
MBS MillionMiler likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Dinner DO - October 1, 2021 - Denver

Captain Denny called to see if there would be an interest in getting together for dinner on Friday, October 1, 2021 when he will be in Denver. Let us know if you have an interest in attending. Here is the link to the post in the Community Forum.

Thanks!

Pat
FlyerBeek, _kurt, SFOTerry and 3 others like this.
Old Sep 6, 2021, 11:28 am
Original Poster

The meeting Denny was attending in Denver has been cancelled and so has the dinner. He will let us know when it will be rescheduled.

Thanks!
wxguy likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 3:36 pm
Original Poster

Hello Captain Denny friends!

There is an upcoming fundraising Gala on August 20th at Gaylord Rockies Restaurant in Denver, in honor of the Heroes of Flight 93 which will benefit the Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund and The LeRoy W. Homer Jr. Foundation. Captain Denny will be the Master of Ceremonies. There will be a silent auction for stays at condos in Vail and Maui, international travel, United simulator ride certificates, a P-51 Mustang ride, and other flight experiences. Silent auction individual items will be available for viewing on the website in early August. If you can't attend in person, you can bid on items in the silent auction.

Further details are contained in this thread in the FlyerTalk Cares forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.