Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UAL's Captain Denny Flanagan (In-Flight Experiences, Sightings, Schedule, etc.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 23, 2016, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: paranoiatx
Captain Denny's Retirement flight roll call. Please list your handle, cabin, and when you will be arriving in SEA, where we will arrange a dinner on 5/30.

Pat89339 - F - arriving 5/30
legalalien - F - arriving 5/31 (I can guest 2 into UC at either SEA or ORD)
Jubileesmom-F-arriving 5/30 ( I also can guest 2 into UC. )
Whiskarina - F - arriving 5/30
wxguy - F - arriving 5/30 via Capt Denny's second to last flight
FlyerBeek - F - arriving 5/29
JeepGuyDE - F - arriving 5/29 (need guesting into UC)
jmd001 - F - arriving 5/30 (would appreciate guesting into UC)
texasex95 - Y - arriving 5/31 (hopefully 5/30 if I can change my flight)
alanro - F - arriving 5/30 (I can also guest 2 into UC)
mendicantmonk - Y - arriving 5/30 (need guesting into UC)
SFO 1K - F - arriving 5/30 (I can guest 2 into UC)
wtigerFF - F - arriving 5/30 UA 635 (I can guest 2 into UC)
YRKInsider - F - arriving 5/30 UA 635 (can guest 2 into UC)
N1120A - F - Arriving 5/31 UA635 (Probably need guesting into UC)
CleUnited - Y - Arriving 5/30 (hopefully)
cawhite - F -arriving 5/30 UA635
paranoiatx - F - arriving 5/28 (can guest 2 into UC and/or 1 into CL)
Print Wikipost

UAL's Captain Denny Flanagan (In-Flight Experiences, Sightings, Schedule, etc.)

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by Pat89339
Code:
Date	Day	Flt	Eqp	DptStn	Arr Stn	Dpt Tm	Arr Tm
JUN 14	SUN	216	57X	ORD	SFO	12:29	15:01
JUN 15	MON	502	75J	SFO	JFK	16:38	01:18
Cavs will very likely be playing Golden State (in OAK) on June 14 (Game 5 of the Finals) at 8pm.
Would make for a neat DO given that Captain Denny lives in CLE and is presumably a fan.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 9:55 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by ctownflyer
Cavs will very likely be playing Golden State (in OAK) on June 14 (Game 5 of the Finals) at 8pm.
Would make for a neat DO given that Captain Denny lives in CLE and is presumably a fan.
Bump, anyone want to ask him

Game is actually at 5pm PDT.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 5:04 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Updated schedule

Schedule for July updated in Post #1
Old Jun 27, 2015, 9:26 pm

Location: The counter of lost hopes and dreams, and for the creation of new ones in DEN
Programs: MP Rehab... or something like that...
Originally Posted by Pat89339
Well gosh golly gee darn... Capt. Denny overnights in DEN on a night i picked up a trade... maybe I can finally say hello to him since I moved to DEN over a year ago.

Cle2Den
Old Jun 27, 2015, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
any chance captain denny would be interested/able to "bid" (not sure if that's the correct term) to fly the final JFK flight?

UA535 JFK-LAX on 10/24. it would make for a great farewell!
Old Jul 3, 2015, 10:21 am

Programs: UA MM
Had the pleasure of flying with him this morning BOS to ORD. What a nice guy. He flew pedal to the metal and made up for what United was posting as 30 minutes late. He wants us to know his 2nd, David Rogers, to whom ne introduced me and says he's grooming him as a replacement
Old Jul 3, 2015, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by MojaveFlyer
Had the pleasure of flying with him this morning BOS to ORD. What a nice guy. He flew pedal to the metal and made up for what United was posting as 30 minutes late. He wants us to know his 2nd, David Rogers, to whom ne introduced me and says he's grooming him as a replacement
Thought I would check in to see how you are all doing.

Denny has 11 months to retire and we had discussed a handing off of the symbolic "baton" party. I'll do my best to fill his shoes. It seems a shame that he must retire in 11 months. He will be missed by many. He is a great captain and a pleasure to fly with on any trip.

I'm heading to London tomorrow. ORD - LHR at 1820. Please introduce yourself if on my flight.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 10:20 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by David Rogers

Denny has 11 months to retire and we had discussed a handing off of the symbolic "baton" party. I'll do my best to fill his shoes. It seems a shame that he must retire in 11 months. He will be missed by many. He is a great captain and a pleasure to fly with on any trip.

I'm heading to London tomorrow. ORD - LHR at 1820. Please introduce yourself if on my flight.
Welcome to Flyertalk! ^

While you might think you have some mighty big shoes to fill, if you ask Captain Denny, he'll say something like "it's not the size the shoes but the size of the heart that fills them and that's what spreads the smiles"*

*and Tootsie-Pops . You can ask Captain Denny about that or feel free to message me
Old Jul 3, 2015, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist

^ Welcome to FT. Look forward to flying with you in the future!
Old Jul 6, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Welcome to FT!

Can't join you on that flight...but if you're willing to publish your schedule, you are sure to make a lot of new friends rather quickly.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 6:06 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Gold

Hi! Are you limited to B75s? Is so hope you make t to BOS this summer. I will be flying 2 to ANC via ORD and hope You and/or Denny are on one of them!
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:29 am

Programs: UA .5M, Vistana 1-Star owner
Thumbs up

... we had discussed a handing off of the symbolic "baton" party. I'll do my best to fill his shoes.
It is wonderful to have you here, truly making the friendly skies friendly.

Citing a post from another thread related to this 1:
Originally Posted by kluau88
Just saw Captain Denny Flanagan here at ORD this morning and he was doing his thing by passing out coffee at B16. People were truly impressed and I saw a few people go up and get his name. He does represent what FlyerFriendly is suppose to be!
Old Jul 9, 2015, 1:15 pm

Dinner DO in ORD

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
^ Welcome to FT. Look forward to flying with you in the future!
Thank you all for being receptive to letting soon to be Capt Rogers into the Flyer Talk fold.

I am speaking with sweet willie and win books about a dinner "DO" in ORD on the 22nd of July. I am available to do this if someone picks a place and posts the event. I will also bring along Capt Rogers

Capt. Denny
Old Jul 9, 2015, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Capt Denny
Thank you all for being receptive to letting soon to be Capt Rogers into the Flyer Talk fold.

I am speaking with sweet willie and win books about a dinner "DO" in ORD on the 22nd of July. I am available to do this if someone picks a place and posts the event. I will also bring along Capt Rogers

Capt. Denny
Wish I could be there. I am unavailable till 01 August, but I know many will step up. See you on a future flight and at the Chicago Seminars!
Old Jul 9, 2015, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
Originally Posted by Capt Denny

Capt. Denny
good to see you on here! any chance you could (and would be willing to) fly the final JFK p.s. flight in october? that would make for a memorable DO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.