Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 (Reconfig2-class International)

Old Oct 7, 2015, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Post in the thread with a comprehensive summary of best E+ seats

This thread is about the 2-class pmUA 767-300. Link to the 3-class pmUA 767-300 thread.
and the newest 763 config discussion is in 767-300 v3 -- Polaris seat

Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 (Reconfig2-class International)

Old May 27, 2012, 11:23 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by glx
Yeah, not a problem with me. Am I risking anything by going with 1L? Thinking that if they happened to not swap equipment in time I could be without a seat.
No risk, but I usually avoid row 1s since the galley light, noise, and thumping is rather bothersome for me. I prefer to sit in the middle [row 3-4] where it is generally darkest and has minimal surrounding distractions, so I can sleep more comfortably.

YMMV, of course.
Old May 27, 2012, 11:34 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EP, UA 1K, DL GM, Tumlare Bussresor Super Class
Originally Posted by J.Edward
If they had done 2-2-1 (IIRC AC does/did this on their 763s) they'd be able to give direct aisle access to all but one of the seats groups...wonder why they did not.
AC has 1-1-1 in Business on their 763s.
Old May 27, 2012, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
If they had done 2-2-1 (IIRC AC does/did this on their 763s) they'd be able to give direct aisle access to all but one of the seats groups...wonder why they did not.

(Also as an aside, I also wonder why they did not configure 9 abreast planes (787/777) as 2-4-3 as it seems to give far more seating options than 3-3-3?
Both of those would require, you know, innovative thinking.
Old May 27, 2012, 1:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Both of those would require, you know, innovative thinking.
And cost more.

One of the advantages of 3-3-3 is that you basically only have to buy one type of seat assembly rather than two or three.
Old May 27, 2012, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
(Also as an aside, I also wonder why they did not configure 9 abreast planes (787/777) as 2-4-3 as it seems to give far more seating options than 3-3-3.)
I think it has something to do with the IFE setup. IIRC, the original plan was to stay with the 2-5-2 seating, but it would not accommodate the entertainment equipment.

Originally Posted by Vunder31
AC has 1-1-1 in Business on their 763s.
But they used to have the 2-2-1 set up in the 767's prior to reconfiguring them to lie-flat seats. I believe they still have a few older models flying around to a few European destinations with the 2-2-1 arrangement, which they sell as an enhanced comfort class or something like that.
Old May 27, 2012, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP , Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz Plat, Global Entry
See this thread, it's been talked about before. AMS is the first market to see the reconfiged ghetto bird. I hear it'll be out of HKG very soon but they'll only have one so I'd imagine there might be some equip swaps.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...iguration.html
Old May 27, 2012, 3:21 pm

Introduction to AMS is postponed though: my seat map early June shows the 3-class config, after being 2-class for a while some weeks back.
Old May 27, 2012, 3:31 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Hilton Gold
One of my engineer friends had to go out to HKG to help with tue 763 but have not heard full details!

I have heard it is supposed to exit soon! I am going to get the seat map for N674UA by tomorrow on the site in my signature! Thanks for the shout out wx4caster! As soon as I get a definite date I'll post it via twitter @unitedfleetwebs!

Stay tuned for the official seat map and updates!
Old May 27, 2012, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by UA767400
What map are you talking about?

I've got one. It looks an awful lot like the screenshot from the res system, though the fuselage is obviously one one width.

Like the 787 the center column in BF extends back a little more than the outside columns. Also, in Y the center column is not aligned with the outside columns for rows. It is slightly offset.

ETA: 16/17/18AB look to have even more pitch in E+ than the other seats. Pending a review/measurements from someone actually sitting in those seats I'd say that they are the leading candidates for best Y seats on the plane.

Last edited by sbm12; May 27, 2012 at 3:43 pm
Old May 27, 2012, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by 1kBill
But they used to have the 2-2-1 set up in the 767's prior to reconfiguring them to lie-flat seats. I believe they still have a few older models flying around to a few European destinations with the 2-2-1 arrangement, which they sell as an enhanced comfort class or something like that.
All of the AC 767's flying TATL are 1-1-1.

The only routes the 2-2-2 (not 2-2-1, btw) birds fly are Canadian transcon (they used to fly TATL seasonly but not anymore), and there are only three of them left in the fleet.

It's AC's equivalent of the Ghetto Bird...
Old May 27, 2012, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by TWA Fan 1
(they used to fly TATL seasonly but not anymore), and there are only three of them left in the fleet.
When did they finally pull the Three Amigos off TATL service? That used to be quite annoying.
Old May 27, 2012, 3:49 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sbm12
Originally Posted by UA767400
What map are you talking about?

I've got one. It looks an awful lot like the screenshot from the res system, though the fuselage is obviously one one width.

Like the 787 the center column in BF extends back a little more than the outside columns. Also, in Y the center column is not aligned with the outside columns for rows. It is slightly offset.

ETA: 16/17/18AB look to have even more pitch in E+ than the other seats. Pending a review/measurements from someone actually sitting in those seats I'd say that they are the leading candidates for best Y seats on the plane.
The 767-300 seat map for my site. I create a different one than what's on united.com.

Can you email it to me? [email protected]?
Old May 27, 2012, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by sbm12
When did they finally pull the Three Amigos off TATL service? That used to be quite annoying.
IIRC, I remember reading on the AC forum that, as of last year, they were no longer on TATL...

The "Three Amigos" Hilarious!
Old May 27, 2012, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond
PMUA 767-300 Reconfiguration?

Looks like two lavs are being removed. Am I wrong?
Old May 27, 2012, 7:43 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by fivesixseven
Introduction to AMS is postponed though: my seat map early June shows the 3-class config, after being 2-class for a while some weeks back.
It was originally supposed to start flying the ORD-AMS route on 6/21 IIRC, but it got bumped to 6/7... glx will be on the first ORD-AMS flight with the new seats, which means he is obliged to take pictures and share them with us along with a brief review of the seats

Originally Posted by boifromtroy
Looks like two lavs are being removed. Am I wrong?
Yeah, from the seat map, it looks like the two front Y lavs will be removed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.