Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a United ERJ-145.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2013, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
The ERJ-145 has 1-2 configuration, with the 2 side beginning at row 3.

Cabin walk through video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu6HewvsvlU

In general, the A side provides wider seats, with armrests that can be moved out of the way using the button under the armrest where it meets the seat. The exit row (18) provides the greatest amount of legroom, although this is a regional jet with very limited space.

Many people prefer to be closer to the front (seats 1A, 2A, and 3A), while recognizing there is no overhead storage for these seats (all overhead storage is on the right side of the plane starting at row 3), however, sitting close to the front can lead to being reseated farther back to accommodate weight balance for take-off.

1A, 3CD, 18ACD are E+ seats and the rest of Row 2-5 are regular E- but are reserved for UA premier members
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a United ERJ-145.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2019, 10:31 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
What do you guys recommend for AMA-IAH which is blocked at 1hr45min?
Traveling with a companion, so is 18C&D the way to go? I would prefer to be closer to the front, as we right have 3A and 4A.
I’d do 3C&D, however 3C shows as chosen or blocked already. Neither of us are too tall, both about 5’9.

So what’s the best option? never been on this plane for a flight longer than 45 min, so trying to be the most comfortable.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Depending on how much you want to be close to your companion, I think 3A/4A is a pretty solid choice. Otherwise take a pair on the C/D side, with 18CD preferred if you like legroom.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by S.R
What do you guys recommend for AMA-IAH which is blocked at 1hr45min?
Traveling with a companion, so is 18C&D the way to go? I would prefer to be closer to the front, as we right have 3A and 4A.
I’d do 3C&D, however 3C shows as chosen or blocked already. Neither of us are too tall, both about 5’9.

So what’s the best option? never been on this plane for a flight longer than 45 min, so trying to be the most comfortable.
Seats 3A&4A don't seem comparable to 3C&3D. If you both want windows, 3A&4A are good choices, but if you want to be next to each other a C&D pair is better.

Also, this plane empties quickly, so you don't spend much longer in row 18 than in row 3. If you have to green-tag gate check, you almost always have to wait even getting off from row 18 anyway.

With all that pointed out, my preference is 18C&D unless you both want your own windows or you are cutting a connection time down to the minute. (And don't gate check in that case!)
Old Jun 24, 2019, 12:44 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle
1A to 7A currently available on a 2 hr flight. What's the best option? Is being near the galley for 1A/2A a bother? If so, I'm leaning towards 3A.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by chemengin
1A to 7A currently available on a 2 hr flight. What's the best option? Is being near the galley for 1A/2A a bother? If so, I'm leaning towards 3A.
1A is the most private and most leg room of the choices, but can be cold next to the front exit. The tray table is pretty bad as well. Built into the arm rest, but lower than other planes.
Overall, It would be my choice unless I absolutely need to have underseat storage.

I have sat in 3A several times as well. Pretty tight leg room, but decent enough seat for a short flight.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 5:28 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by chemengin
If you want to sit toward the front (especially if you're tall and need legroom), choose 2A. Reach underneath the right armrest, press the button underneath the armrest toward the back, and lift it up. Then turn 45 degrees to the right and your legs will extend into the galley. Obviously don't block the aisle, but it's only 1A and the FA who will need to get past your seat, since the lav is in the rear. On longer E145 flights the FA will usually stay in his/her seat after the drink service for most of the rest of the flight.
SFO_LOW_CLOUDS likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 4:44 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
One other note, the overhead bins don't start until row 3. If you're in row 1 you'll have to store your bag at least two rows back and retrieving it after landing can be a pain. Personally I'd just take 2A if I had hand luggage and 3A if I had something for the overhead bin.
atword likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by CMK10
One other note, the overhead bins don't start until row 3. If you're in row 1 you'll have to store your bag at least two rows back and retrieving it after landing can be a pain. Personally I'd just take 2A if I had hand luggage and 3A if I had something for the overhead bin.
Good point.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 5:28 pm

Programs: MileagePlus
I flew on one of these for the first time last week and really loved it. I couldn’t believe how smooth the ride was. I was in 5A too and could barely hear the engines. I am flying the same flight again next week and am deciding between 2A and 3A. I’m just a little afraid of sitting so close to the galley but I think there is a little more room. I definitely don’t want 1A because you have to stare at the FA, lol.
findark likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 7:57 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
I didn’t realize there were some ERJ145s with a closet in the bulkhead of 1A, don’t think I’ve seen that before. I actually felt cramped, especially after having spent the weekend in 18A.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 6:01 pm
FTA

This pic make it look like 2A and 3A have more legroom. Is this correct? Thank you

Old Aug 6, 2019, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by FTA
This pic make it look like 2A and 3A have more legroom. Is this correct? Thank you
No, the picture is not to scale.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold
My ERJ175 just changed to ERJ145 My carry on fits in the 175 overhead bin with no problems. Will it fit on the 145 or will I have to gate check? I'm in 18A
Old Oct 15, 2019, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by sierranevada
My ERJ175 just changed to ERJ145 My carry on fits in the 175 overhead bin with no problems. Will it fit on the 145 or will I have to gate check? I'm in 18A
You'll likely need to green tag your bag.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 11:56 am

Programs: HH Dia, UA 1K, Marriott Platinum Premier
Yep, will need a green tag. Unless it is a backpack, briefcase, or similar sized, which may fit in the overhead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.