Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a United ERJ-145.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2013, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
The ERJ-145 has 1-2 configuration, with the 2 side beginning at row 3.

Cabin walk through video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu6HewvsvlU

In general, the A side provides wider seats, with armrests that can be moved out of the way using the button under the armrest where it meets the seat. The exit row (18) provides the greatest amount of legroom, although this is a regional jet with very limited space.

Many people prefer to be closer to the front (seats 1A, 2A, and 3A), while recognizing there is no overhead storage for these seats (all overhead storage is on the right side of the plane starting at row 3), however, sitting close to the front can lead to being reseated farther back to accommodate weight balance for take-off.

1A, 3CD, 18ACD are E+ seats and the rest of Row 2-5 are regular E- but are reserved for UA premier members
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a United ERJ-145.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2010, 10:38 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
I just booked a flight on an ER145 and I'm a bit confused on the seat maps....

I'm going for seat 12a (the single exit row seat) and seatguru shows a 1-2 configuration of a, df with 12a as the single exit row seat

but...

my reservation also shows a 2-1 configuration, however it shows ab, c with 12c as the single exit row seat

The layouts of both seatmaps are the same it's just that the 2-1 configuration is reversed from one side of the a/c to the other from my reservation to seat guru yet the bomb seatmap (no reservation-just the seat map) shows a 1-2 a, bc configuration with 12A as the single exit row)

I've chosen seat 12a but I'm still confused.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 11:42 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
The single seat is on the left side of the 145, and it is the A seat. Personally, I take the aisle seat on the right side of the exit row if it is available because it seems a bit more spacious, although there is a risk of having to sit next to someone.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 11:57 am

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by VA1379
The single seat is on the left side of the 145, and it is the A seat. Personally, I take the aisle seat on the right side of the exit row if it is available because it seems a bit more spacious, although there is a risk of having to sit next to someone.
Thanks for the clarification ^ and I'm gonna stick with 12A (and it looks like it's the seat map for my flight having it's own bomb issue )
Old Nov 28, 2010, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by goalie
I just booked a flight on an ER145 and I'm a bit confused on the seat maps....

I'm going for seat 12a (the single exit row seat) and seatguru shows a 1-2 configuration of a, df with 12a as the single exit row seat

but...

my reservation also shows a 2-1 configuration, however it shows ab, c with 12c as the single exit row seat

The layouts of both seatmaps are the same it's just that the 2-1 configuration is reversed from one side of the a/c to the other from my reservation to seat guru yet the bomb seatmap (no reservation-just the seat map) shows a 1-2 a, bc configuration with 12A as the single exit row)

I've chosen seat 12a but I'm still confused.
Is anyone else noticing this?

I've been flying ER4's out of my home airport into ORD for a long time, and all of a sudden I see the 2-1 config, vs the 1-2 config. .bomb error I'm assuming? It's "correct" for one day, and then wrong for the next day.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by 323power
Is anyone else noticing this?

I've been flying ER4's out of my home airport into ORD for a long time, and all of a sudden I see the 2-1 config, vs the 1-2 config. .bomb error I'm assuming? It's "correct" for one day, and then wrong for the next day.
When was the last time you flew an ER4 and was the aircraft 1-2 or 2-1? LIke I said in my post above yours, I chose 12A as the consensus is that 1-2 is correct along with the bomb seat map vs the actual flight seat map being incorrect
Old Nov 28, 2010, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by goalie
When was the last time you flew an ER4 and was the aircraft 1-2 or 2-1? LIke I said in my post above yours, I chose 12A as the consensus is that 1-2 is correct along with the bomb seat map vs the actual flight seat map being incorrect
Every ER4 I've flown on (as recently as last week, but the .bomb map was 1-2) was operated by expressjet, and was 1-2. No reason to believe it's not 1-2. A flight early January is the first one for me showing 2-1, so we'll see. .bomb has been funky recently with seat maps. It was showing a Saab 340 having 2 rows on each side, and that "ghost" seat taken in each row. At least I couldn't select it

I almost inserted my foot into my mouth with the statement "I don't know if I've ever flown on a plane where more seats were on the port vs starboard side" but then I remembered Delta's MD88's.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 9:08 pm

Every ER4 I've flown on (as recently as last week, but the .bomb map was 1-2) was operated by expressjet, and was 1-2. No reason to believe it's not 1-2. A flight early January is the first one for me showing 2-1, so we'll see. .bomb has been funky recently with seat maps. It was showing a Saab 340 having 2 rows on each side, and that "ghost" seat taken in each row. At least I couldn't select it

I almost inserted my foot into my mouth with the statement "I don't know if I've ever flown on a plane where more seats were on the port vs starboard side" but then I remembered Delta's MD88's.
Thanks ^ and my flight is also on expressjet (Feb,12 BNA-IAD) so if you could report back after your flight, I would greatly appreciate it .
Old Dec 2, 2010, 10:20 am

Update: 12a is the single aisle seat

Like the title says....

I called on a minor schedule change this morning and ask the agent if she could confirm if the seating was 1-2 or 2-1. She saw 2-1 but said, "that's not right" and after a 2 minute hold, she said "apollo is wrong and 12A is the single exit row seat"
Old Dec 2, 2010, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA1K, 1MM,AA Exec. Platinum, Global Entry, Nexus
12A

The single side is typically the left side of the aircraft. Keep in mind that there is NO armrest on the fuselage side. good thing is you get to sit by yourself
Old Dec 3, 2010, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Starbucks Gold
Can confirm that .bomb is showing me the same funky seat map for an expressjet UX flight MCI-ORD on 2/27. Especially weird part of that map is that 1A and 2A are single seats (just as in real life) but then suggests that the port side suddenly becomes the two-seat side beginning row 3.

Anyway, sounds like from the earlier posts the seats are all numbered correctly; the map just shows the aisle in the wrong place.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 6:36 pm

Programs: Recovering after 7 years of UA 1K, Still UA Silver (Which means nothing), Marriott Lifetime Plat Pre
Backwards ER4 Seatmaps

I couldn't find this with searching, but was wondering if its a website glitch, or maybe a new plane?

After UA replaced my CR7s with CR2s on my routes, they have now replaced the CR2s, with ER4s. I have only been on the ER4s for 30-60 min flights, sadly, these are 2.5 hour flights, and I am a little bitter.

The weird thing, is the seat map is showing:

AB C

rather than

A BC

It only shows this on flights after Jan 1.

Is this some new config, or another aircraft I have just never been on? I have always seen 1 on the left, 2 on the right config, so I am wondering whats going on.

Should I book an A and home its the single side, or go with C, and hope it really is backward?
Old Dec 5, 2010, 7:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
This has been reported in other threads as well. The seatmaps on united.com have become very unreliable of late. This is probably the best thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...erj-145-a.html
Old Dec 5, 2010, 7:09 pm

Being discussed here...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...j-145-a-3.html
Old Dec 5, 2010, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA 1MM, Marriot Plat Prmr (Plat Life), Hilton Dia, Hertz Prez Circle
I have just seen the same thing. If an ER4 is an RJ145 then I got the same wierdness. (forgive not knowing the UA ship abbreiviations, I am new here)

My flights this week on UAEX (Express Jet) on an RJG145 have the familiar seat map - A_BC,

But the flights I just booked for next month show AB_C. Any one know if it is a glitch or is Express Jet truley changing the seat configuration?

It makes a big difference on which seat to pick if you like the single seat side.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA 1MM, Marriot Plat Prmr (Plat Life), Hilton Dia, Hertz Prez Circle
Thanks for the link, I should have searched, just jumped on the first related thread I saw. Sounds like website weirdness.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.