Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a United ERJ-145.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 18, 2013, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
The ERJ-145 has 1-2 configuration, with the 2 side beginning at row 3.

Cabin walk through video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu6HewvsvlU

In general, the A side provides wider seats, with armrests that can be moved out of the way using the button under the armrest where it meets the seat. The exit row (18) provides the greatest amount of legroom, although this is a regional jet with very limited space.

Many people prefer to be closer to the front (seats 1A, 2A, and 3A), while recognizing there is no overhead storage for these seats (all overhead storage is on the right side of the plane starting at row 3), however, sitting close to the front can lead to being reseated farther back to accommodate weight balance for take-off.

1A, 3CD, 18ACD are E+ seats and the rest of Row 2-5 are regular E- but are reserved for UA premier members
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a United ERJ-145.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2012, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by sim510
Sounds like I'm fortunate that this flight is about 35 minutes and not the 2.5+ hours some folks have to endure on the RJ. I can't imagine!! I've been on this plane before, having flown out of my regional airport numerous times in the past, but I usually end up somewhere around row 8-9 on the A side of the plane. No time for beverages on this short hop. Just sit down, buckle up, and we're off... and we land before you know it. It's a really quick one.
You are fortunate.....IAH-ORF on the 145 is not my idea of a fun time.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 9:11 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
more in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...erj-145-a.html
Old Apr 14, 2012, 9:52 am

Programs: RA, UA MM 1k, AA EXP, Marriott LTP, Hyatt Plat, SPG100
Originally Posted by dinoscool3
You have to go to row 3, but if you board early, you should be fine. I take 1A every time I fly an ERJ145, best seat in the aircraft IMO.
Agreed! Excellent leg room. And sometimes, the FA will take your bag and place it in their closet up front.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:02 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
If I can't get 12A or 12BC I love 1A (except no floor storage and overhead, though FAs are usually good about lending the closet if necessary) and 2A becuase it's pretty private, you can get some good conversations (and inside info from flight attendants)... and very fast on/off.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:08 am
ctp

Programs: UA-GS, HH-D, MR-P, Hz-PC
I'm glad everyone seems to prefer the A side on the barbie jet. I've had issues getting my backpack under the seat in front of 12A.

personnally I always go for 12C. I'm about 80% for 12B being empty and I get 12BC. On IAH-HSV a few days ago 12B was the only empty seat on the plane.

I use a short roller bag that will fit under the seat, if I know that B is empty, I can skip the gate check and have my roller and backpack under the seat since even my backpack won't fit in the overhead sometimes.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 8:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, UA MM, Marriott Platinum
Well, it seems I won't be trying out seat 1A after all. The sweep moved me to seat 8D (window on the 2- side) and it refuses to let me switch to any other seat! What's with that!!! My other seats stayed put (12A on the return, plus all my seat choices in biz to and from BKK). Good news is, it's only about a 35 minute flight. I'll manage, squoosed, but I'll survive.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 3:08 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I like 1A, especially on a longer flight when I'm worried about someone reclining into me. Plus you often get a nice conversation with the FA and you have the best shot at drink refills!
Old Apr 17, 2012, 3:54 pm

1A is the worst seat on the plane, hands down. Loudest, coldest, no place to put your feet or a carry-on other than the small overhead. I can't believe UA gets away with charging a premium for this seat, or that anyone in their right mind would pay it.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Virtuoso Travel Agent, Commercial Pilot
If the flight isn't full, be prepared to move if there are weight & balance issues. I now choose 12A after having lost 1A a few times due to that.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Sykes
If the flight isn't full, be prepared to move if there are weight & balance issues. I now choose 12A after having lost 1A a few times due to that.
^

Agree 100%
Weight and balance issues on the barbie jets mostly mean moving people from the front to the back.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 4:48 pm

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
I took 1A on a EWR-ORD in Dec one time and was FREEZING the whole time. I remember thinking I couldn't wait to get off the plane.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sim510
Well, it seems I won't be trying out seat 1A after all. The sweep moved me to seat 8D (window on the 2- side) and it refuses to let me switch to any other seat! What's with that!!! My other seats stayed put (12A on the return, plus all my seat choices in biz to and from BKK). Good news is, it's only about a 35 minute flight. I'll manage, squoosed, but I'll survive.
That's odd. I've only seen A, B, and C seats on the ERJs. I'd be concerned if my BP said 'D'.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by kale73
That's odd. I've only seen A, B, and C seats on the ERJs. I'd be concerned if my BP said 'D'.
It must be ERJ-170. These aircraft are high class with a 2-2 seating as well as FC cabin .
Old Apr 17, 2012, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL
There is no overhead space above any of the 'A' seats on the 145. If you can get 2A, you have the space under 1A available. The FA 'might' offer to let you store your items in the closet.I always shoot for 12A on the 145!
First thing I do is ask if I can use the closet and 90% of the time I get the ^.

I feel like I'm the only on the plane when I'm in 1A, which is nice. And I really like being the first one off too.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by semifrequentflyer
It must be ERJ-170. These aircraft are high class with a 2-2 seating as well as FC cabin .
I would be more worried about it being a plane change to a CRJ-200, which seems more plausible. 4 across seating, row 8 exit (without much extra room). IMO, worst of the barbie jets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.