Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a United Express CRJ-700

Old Mar 5, 2013, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
The CRJ-700 is essentially a stretch CRJ-200 / CL-65.

FIRST CLASS CABIN
First Class is two rows of 1+2 seating. The lefthand side is A and the two righthand seats are D(Aisle) and F(Window). Seat width is given as 19". The paired seats have a wide armrest, but not as wide as that found on the domestic First seat. Probably an inch less or so, and no sculpted little "tray" for drinks.

Pitch is officially given as 37" and this looks to be about right for Row 2. Row 1 has about 40" or so.

There are overhead bins along the right side of the First Class cabin, and they are the same size as those on the CRJ-200. Anything bigger then a laptop bag/briefcase/purse will need to be gate checked.

ECONOMY CABIN
The seats are 2+2 and are covered in blue leather (or a reasonable facsimile thereof). E+ seating is rows 7-9 and row 18 and have 34 inch pitch. All other economy rows have 30" pitch.

Related thread
Heads Up: CR7 Configuration and Seatmap Changes
Print Wikipost

Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a United Express CRJ-700

Old Apr 9, 2004, 2:04 am

From what I've heard, SkyWest was asked by United to install first class seats on their CR7s for consistancy reasons with Mesa. According to SkyWest's website they are slated to have 70 coach seats, but who knows.
Old Apr 9, 2004, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
UAX@SFO, who is a Skywest employee, has reported that their CRJ-700s will be an all-Coach configuration. I have not heard of any changes to that plan, but if I am on a Skywest flight of over 1000 miles, I'd like an FC option if possible.

I'm doing DEN-BNA on Mesa, and am hoping I can snag First at the 72 hour mark via 500 milers (I just can't justify coughing up 15K miles for SEA-DEN-BNA on a 737/RJ).
Old Apr 9, 2004, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN Platinum
I believe the Mesa CRJ's with first class are CRJ 900's, but I could be wrong...
Old Apr 9, 2004, 10:50 am

Programs: UA 1K 3.01MM Hyatt Globalist (Lifetime) AA ExPlat (real), Lifetime UniClub (not from the 2MM).
Originally Posted by UALOneKPlus
I believe the Mesa CRJ's with first class are CRJ 900's, but I could be wrong...
They have First on both their CRJ-700 and their CRJ-900 aircraft.

It was also my understanding that some (but not all) SkyWest CRJ-700 aircraft would have First class. This has not been confirmed though.

/carmi
Old Apr 9, 2004, 12:20 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Thankfully for now the upgrades on Mesa's CR7s have been pretty easy for me to secure. The cabin has actually been more than half empty each time. Perhaps there are many FFs who don't know that the CR7s have first? The last time I tried to upgrade I actually could not do so online (it indicated that there was no first class section) and actually had to call to request it.
Old Apr 9, 2004, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dw
Thankfully for now the upgrades on Mesa's CR7s have been pretty easy for me to secure.
Good to know.

The last time I tried to upgrade I actually could not do so online (it indicated that there was no first class section) and actually had to call to request it.
Same with me, so I plan to call at the 72-hour mark and see what's available.
Old Apr 9, 2004, 1:35 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Don't assume that because the sked or even your BP assigns a CRJ7, that it will be. Had this on a LAX->OAK and when the 'craft got to the gate it was a Mesa CR2 (dirtier and more beat-up inside than a SKYW CR2). Some BPs had to be reprocessed to accommodate the seating differences, but no DB problem as it was Sat. afternoon.
Old Apr 9, 2004, 3:46 pm

Seatguru does show CRJ on United - single class config. I agree about trying to get row 1 - there is a little more room with the aisle seats.
Old Apr 14, 2004, 1:43 am

Programs: SAS EuroBonus, LH M&M, Finnair Plus, SPG Preferred Plus
As of yet I'm not quite sure if we're going the two-class configuration or not, I've heard banter on both ends. Our flights with CR7 equipment (SFO-EUG and SFO-BUR single frequencies are starting 04MAY) are showing up as single-class Y70 though, so while it may happen, it may not be really soon.

Happy Travels!
Kai
Old May 3, 2004, 1:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks sea_tigger! As you know, I debated back/forth on this. Now to call UA & get my F seat changed (the agent kept trying to tell me it was 2+2 in F & I said I thought it was 1+2. BTW - do they have IFE - not expecting video, but what about music or Channel 9?
Old May 3, 2004, 2:57 pm

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Thanks sea_tigger! As you know, I debated back/forth on this. Now to call UA & get my F seat changed (the agent kept trying to tell me it was 2+2 in F & I said I thought it was 1+2. BTW - do they have IFE - not expecting video, but what about music or Channel 9?
No IFE on the CR7's....
Old May 3, 2004, 3:29 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
A little more to add

The seats in First Class when reclined feature the seat bottom moving forward as the back reclines (similar to AA 757 or TW 717 seats, if you've ever used one of those).

Row 12 which is the exit row features a nice amount of legroom, far more then Row 8 on the CR2. The Row 12 tray table if you want to unfold it to its full length has to be supported with a pull down support that comes out of the way, it is labled "Meal Tray Support"

Row 11 (in front of the exit row) does NOT recline.
Old May 3, 2004, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I only did a quick recline, CMK10, so I didn't notice the little slide-out feature.

Try and snag 1A or 2A, SkiAdcock. It's like being in 10A/10F on the 762.

And as Axey noted, no IFE on the CR7 unless you do what I did and bring a laptop and some DVDs. I imagine it's just not weight and cost-effective to install even an audio-only system like the 737s.
Old May 3, 2004, 7:11 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Took a CRJ today from DEN-RDU. I was in 12F (exit row). Seat has good leg room, but it was still uncomfortable (we had to circle for an additional one hour so total flight time was >4 hours). I sat in 15F on the way out and would highly recommend row 12 in coach over the other rows.
Old May 3, 2004, 7:23 pm

Row 12

Sat in Row 12 IAD-AUS. VERY uncomfortable. Lots of leg room but like sitting on a wooden bench. Husband felt the same way. FA confirmed that other seats were more comfortable.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.