Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

The Anticipated Denver Polaris Lounge Thread --- Where? When?

The Anticipated Denver Polaris Lounge Thread --- Where? When?

Old Jun 14, 2024, 8:31 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by EWR764
I am not certain of this but I believe there is some office and operational space adjacent to the current facility that would be relocated to accommodate PL expansion. It wouldn't be a massive increase in space, but a few thousand extra square feet would be welcome, especially at peak times.

ORD PL is growing into the former (temporary) United Club space on C.

I have actually never visited IAH as a departing Polaris passenger (only arriving) so I am not sure whether that one could use extra space. All of the others seem to manage their busiest loads reasonably well, at least better than EWR and ORD. For those reasons I have been told that DEN will be comparably-sized to the larger existing lounges, around 20k/sf, even with fewer daily departing flights... but that number will grow.
Within a building shell horizontal space -- unless there's an artificial constraint like airport charging higher lease fees -- is essentially free with the biggest incremental cost (ignoring FF&E) being the floor covering which is usually at most pretty tame unless you go for ultra-premium stuff so if the space is available it would make sense for UA to build the largest practical space, especially with the logistical challenges and potential disruption of expanding once the space is operational.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.