Does the SLC call center still exist?

Old Apr 2, 2024, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Does the SLC call center still exist?

I ask because when I call, seems I always get Chicago, Houston, Tampa, or the ICC.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
I ask because when I call, seems I always get Chicago, Houston, Tampa, or the ICC.
The only on shore call centers United has are in Chicago and Houston. While they still recognize SLC, DTW, TPA, HNL, etc as work "locations", all those agents are remote and may not actually be in that locality.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Fondly remembering HNL!
Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:59 am

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
what is ICC
Old Apr 3, 2024, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by cesco.g (Post # 3)
Fondly remembering HNL!
UA HNLRR was great!

Originally Posted by leftysauce (Post # 4)
what is ICC
ICC = International Call Center, either in India or the Philippines for UA. The latter has a better reputation.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 10:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
How does one identify which call center they get when they call? Do you actually ask the agent or is there some other way to tell?
Old Apr 3, 2024, 10:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by dkc192
How does one identify which call center they get when they call? Do you actually ask the agent or is there some other way to tell?
When I'm on a call with a CC, I always ask the agent how their day is going, and what kind of weather they have. Works almost every time.
cesco.g and SPN Lifer like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.