Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Present arrival lounges for UA business pax

Old Mar 30, 2024, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ryman554
Originally Posted by cesco.g
With questions about arrival lounges for business/Polaris pax popping up occasionally it might be useful to list airports offering arrival lounges. This obviously applies not to trips whereas one has a connection and can use *A departure lounge / UC. I am aware of the following:

LHR operated by UA -- Polaris only

FRA operated by LH -- Polaris or GS flying on UA only .

ZRH operated by LX -- Polaris only
related threads
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
pmCO had arrival arrangements with various airports hotels
Was discontinued a few years after the merger, some 10 years ago
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...continued.html

Print Wikipost

Old Mar 29, 2024, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

With questions about arrival lounges for business/Polaris pax popping up occasionally it might be useful to list airports offering arrival lounges. This obviously applies not to trips whereas one has a connection and can use *A departure lounge / UC. I am aware of the following:

LHR operated by UA

FRA operated by LH

ZRH operated by LX

Others; MUC? BRU? TYO? Please feel free to edit / add.
Rare, choch345 and nexus7556 like this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 5:12 pm

NRT has an NH arrival lounge but it is only for NH pax. HND's arrival lounge is closed.

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/us/travel-i...arrival-lounge
Old Mar 29, 2024, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
ANA has one at NRT but doesn't mention non-ANA entry criteria.
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SFO
Old Mar 29, 2024, 7:56 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by mduell
ANA has one at NRT but doesn't mention non-ANA entry criteria.
That link actually says other Star Alliance passengers are not admitted. Only if you arrive on ANA.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 12:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I'm afraid this is mostly a nostalgia thread. For SFO. And the network that UA used to maintain at various other airports. I recall using the Hilton FCO and Sheraton AMS.
uanj, kirkwoodj and tromer like this.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 12:45 am

Any option at ICN?
Old Mar 30, 2024, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nygiants242
Any option at ICN?
Only if you arrive on KE Prestige or First.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 2:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
Originally Posted by Kacee
I'm afraid this is mostly a nostalgia thread. For SFO. And the network that UA used to maintain at various other airports. I recall using the Hilton FCO and Sheraton AMS.
In the CO days you could use the Radisson at MAN that was nice.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 5:00 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by wiki
An Arrivals facility is a retreat where United Global First and United BusinessFirst customers arriving by noon on a same-day ticket may freshen up with a shower. Guests can enjoy a breakfast and use complimentary Wi-Fi at some locations. Start your day refreshed at an Arrivals facility.
BusinessFirst Arrivals in Europe (discontinued)

The questions here, is what exists for destination arriving customers today

One case not yet mention is SIN, as it is unique in arriving terminating customers have access to the some lounges, so while not an arrival lounges, the some lounges are available to arriving terminating customers like an arrival lounge. HOWEVER, the SIN situation does not fit the definition of a traditional arrival lounge

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 31, 2024 at 8:53 pm Reason: the SIN situation does not fit the definition of a traditional arrival lounge
Old Mar 31, 2024, 7:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
One case not yet mention is SIN, as it is unique in arriving terminating customers have access to the standard lounges, so while not an arrival lounges, the standard lounges are available to arriving terminating customers like an arrival lounge.
Will SQ let you into a lounge on arrival if you are terminating? Darn. I usually hit Ya Kun for kopi and kaya toast on arrival, but if I had known there were better options... On the other hand, Ya Kun puts me in the right mood to start the morning in Singapore!
Old Mar 31, 2024, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
One case not yet mention is SIN, as it is unique in arriving terminating customers have access to the standard lounges, so while not an arrival lounges, the standard lounges are available to arriving terminating customers like an arrival lounge.
They have access to the front door, but will SQ let them in? I thought *A access was departure only.

There are various PP lounges available though.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by Spectre17
Will SQ let you into a lounge on arrival if you are terminating? Darn. I usually hit Ya Kun for kopi and kaya toast on arrival, but if I had known there were better options... On the other hand, Ya Kun puts me in the right mood to start the morning in Singapore!
No, SQ silverkris J and krisgold *G lounge are departure only access. No access on arrival (unless you're arriving on SQ metal F or arriving as solitaire pps)

https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/p...nge-Access.pdf.

Paid lounges at SIN airside generally accept arrival passengers (umless otherwise specified on website or flying into T4). You need separate Prioritypass/dragon pass/paid lounge membership pass though, UAJ or *G doesn't give you access to those paid lounges
Old Mar 31, 2024, 8:21 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
BusinessFirst Arrivals in Europe (discontinued)

The questions here, is what exists for destination arriving customers today

As far as I know, SQ only allows PPS members (their equivalent of GS) arriving on an SQ flight to access their lounges. Someone please correct me if this is not right.

We need to be careful this thread does not become a trip down memory lane if the intent is to provide useful information about arrivals lounges, which are few in number as Kacee pointed out.

Also, arrivals facilities to most people means access to a shower and light meal regardless of connecting or terminating travel. We need to pay attention to what amenities are actually available and conditions of travel for access. What little is available today is far more restricted than 10 or more years ago.
cesco.g and Kacee like this.

Last edited by uanj; Mar 31, 2024 at 8:46 pm
Old Mar 31, 2024, 8:28 pm

I believe were down to:

EWR United Club C123 (access airside if arriving from SFO or LAX)

FRA Lufthansa Welcome Lounge (way over to the right after customs exit)

LHR Plaza Premium Arrival Lounge (immediately to the left at bag claim)

ZRH SWISS Arrival Lounge (have not personally experienced)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.