Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Present arrival lounges for UA business pax

Old Mar 30, 2024, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ryman554
Originally Posted by cesco.g
With questions about arrival lounges for business/Polaris pax popping up occasionally it might be useful to list airports offering arrival lounges. This obviously applies not to trips whereas one has a connection and can use *A departure lounge / UC. I am aware of the following:

LHR operated by UA -- Polaris only

FRA operated by LH -- Polaris or GS flying on UA only .

ZRH operated by LX -- Polaris only
related threads
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
pmCO had arrival arrangements with various airports hotels
Was discontinued a few years after the merger, some 10 years ago
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...continued.html

Print Wikipost

Present arrival lounges for UA business pax

Old Mar 31, 2024, 8:38 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
... EWR — United Club C123 (access airside if landing from SFO or LAX) ,,,,
Nothing unique about EWR
All UCs potentially are accessible on arrival for UA business international and UC member passengers (but not *G unless a qualifying departing flight) and are not a lounge dedicated to arriving customers. This can included PreClearance flights or the premium transcon flights

This is true for the limited access at SIN of some lounges

Neither really fit the traditional definition of arrival lounge
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 31, 2024 at 9:13 pm Reason: (but not *G unless a qualifying departing flight)
Old Mar 31, 2024, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by cesco.g
With questions about arrival lounges for business/Polaris pax popping up occasionally it might be useful to list airports offering arrival lounges. This obviously applies not to trips whereas one has a connection and can use *A departure lounge / UC. I am aware of the following:

LHR operated by UA

FRA operated by LH

ZRH operated by LX

Others; MUC? BRU? TYO? Please feel free to edit / add.
The United Club at LHR doesn’t admit any pax terminating at London. The arrival lounge for UA’s arriving J pax is operated by Plaza Premium out by bag claim. Of course United Club is available for pax departing *A flight in J.

Nothing unique about EWR
All UCs inherently are accessible on arrival for a passenger and are not a lounge dedicated for arriving customers.

This is true for the limited access at SIN of some lounges

Neither really fit the traditional definition of arrival lounge
This particular UC has showers, and domestic J pax will get admitted on arrival.

Tokyo-Newark gets funneled to immigration; can’t access UC on arrival.

Honolulu-Newark offers no Business class.

SanFran-Newark Business Class can access UC and get a shower.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 31, 2024 at 9:22 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Mar 31, 2024, 9:28 pm

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Concerning UCs, preclearance international business and UC members have access on arrival as well do premium transcon.

EWR is unique with showers but none of the UC are a separate arrival lounge like the LHR, FRA, and ZHR examples
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
ZRH ó SWISS Arrival Lounge (have not personally experienced)
also an immediate left after exiting customs. Ring the bell and take the elevator upstairs. Very nice arrival lounge; renovated post Covid. Just visited 2 days ago
Old Apr 1, 2024, 6:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
EWR is unique with showers but none of the UC are a separate arrival lounge like the LHR, FRA, and ZHR examples
Yes, EWR should be excluded from the discussion as it is not an arrivals lounge. A pax will need an onward connecting flight to enter the secure area and access the lounge. If we start including departure lounges, all of the Polaris lounges would count, since a Polaris pax is entitled to access at all points on the itinerary.

The list of true arrivals lounges accessible to UA pax is as has already been noted very very short.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 4:02 am

Programs: AADULtArer
Iíve been let into both UC in A and C at EWR on arrival when I need call space mid afternoon, was not aware I could be declined, good to know
Old Apr 2, 2024, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by LaserSailor
I’ve been let into both UC in A and C at EWR on arrival when I need call space mid afternoon, was not aware I could be declined, good to know
What was the grounds of admission? UC member, UA international business, premium transcon, ... are all valid for arrival without needing a departure flight.
Also OTP, day pass, ...
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by LaserSailor
Iíve been let into both UC in A and C at EWR on arrival when I need call space mid afternoon, was not aware I could be declined, good to know
to elaborate on what WineCountryUA posted:

We are not talking about accessing a UC upon arrival (which if you are airside, and have proper credentials you will be admitted to UC or Polaris lounge). We are talking about arrival lounges/experiences (typically outside the secure area) that are a place with showers/light food etc. UA used to have several
TerryK and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 2:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
We are talking about arrival lounges/experiences (typically outside the secure area) that are a place with showers/light food etc. UA used to have several
Indeed, ten years ago the list was pretty long, and included a bunch of airport hotels where you could get day room privileges for a shower.

The perpetual topic drift here is just perplexing.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.