FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by CApreppie
Struck out!
Me too, no dice
Old Apr 16, 2024, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by elmira56925
It doesnt say. The 2nd tier after opting in to United emails is to spend money at MileagePlus Shopping. I bought a gift card at Mileage Plus Shopping X so I can use it at Petco. Does that satisfy completing that particular tier? It still shows that I havent yet completed it.
X and Shopping are two different things
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

For UA Shopping, does using a registered credit card in store count towards the MilePlay requirement?

Thx
Old Apr 30, 2024, 8:23 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
I started to make some bookings in line with my offer, including for late May travel. Then even paid F on the dates I was looking at came in about $5 less (before taxes) than the threshold for my offer, and I shrugged, said, "Y is $100 on this route, PZ is available, and why again will I book 4x $250 tickets just to get 5k RDM?"

I suppose if I cancel and refare my May Japan trip (it's now selling for $1.2k less than I paid for it, with PZ outbound and I'm expecting PZ to open on the return in a couple of days--if PZ is there for both, I'll likely cancel and rebook to recoup the big savings in fare), I'll revisit since I'd have 1x of the 4 booked, and still have 2x more flights yet to book in the promo period. Probably not the behavior UA would want to incentivize, though...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.