Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Canít talk to customer service agents at DEN?

Canít talk to customer service agents at DEN?

Old May 29, 2024, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, MP 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Pi7473000
Even Frontier in Denver still has a customer service center.
ROFL !
Old May 29, 2024, 6:20 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by Pi7473000
This seems like an issue for the Department of Transporation as well. Airlines should be required to offer in person assistance to all passengers when questions or issues arise. Many times phone connections are bad or someone may not have a charged phone. The options on the app are never as good as what a real person can provide. Even Frontier in Denver still has a customer service center.

If airlines like United are forcing people to use the app then the app needs to be upgraded to match what a real person can do. Hopefully people will complain to the DOT and we will see government intervention to improve United's poor treatment of customers.

One would think there be a class action lawsuit against United if they are not providing the service levels advertised in the United Clubs.
I have to agree -- my (elderly) father is stressed enough to fly these days -- and he doesn't have a phone that can have app's installed -- so he relies on the normal processes (people that care and paper)..... Except it seems that UA continues to push everything and every responsibility on to the individual traveler / and the App for rebooking / changes / disruptions / vouchers etc... They even did this to me recently in ZRH when they took my plane and gave it to another flight and said so sorry -- good luck getting home -- check the app for options (and there were none for two days)....

The race to the bottom is being won by UA -- it's very sad... UA cancels a few percent of it's flights every day -- but that is still around 60-100 flights per day -- so that's a lot of people to accommodate -- and it should be done to the LCD travelling -- not the tech moguls....
zombietooth likes this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 30, 2024 at 8:53 am Reason: Discuss the issue, not the posters
Old May 30, 2024, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .58 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by NikoLGA (Post # 101)
I would also say, even in hubs, while it's definitely less than ideal, especially given most people want to stay within security, if you really don't want to use AOD [Agent on Demand], or the Customer Service center is empty, it seems like you can still readily go to "Additional Services" pre-security in the check-in hall. Especially if you need things like hotel vouchers and/or meal/transport vouchers printed in the absence of a smartphone.
Having these issues available to be resolved landside at the Additional Services location provides strong incentive to sign up for PreCheck with TSA or Global Entry with CBP.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.