Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Canít talk to customer service agents at DEN?

Canít talk to customer service agents at DEN?

Old Feb 10, 2024, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SWCPHX
What if you don't have the UA app? I have no intention of downloading the app and I probably don't have space for it anyway.
the agent on demand thing isnít even in the app. Itís a separate system and you have to watch a United ad video to use it 😭
Warriorconcept likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 5:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by dval44
the agent on demand thing isnít even in the app. Itís a separate system and you have to watch a United ad video to use it 😭
You have to have cell phone to get service on United? That is a new low, even for Kirby.
fwfdan, jpezaris, rch4u and 7 others like this.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
I had a similar issue late last year, weather and then MX was going to cause me to miss my DEN-EWR connection to Europe. I went to the Club and spoke to a yellow scarf which is allegedly a "premier CS Agent" and was told "We are really busy right now, it would be best if you called the MP line". Even GS are being told to go pound sand,
Old Feb 10, 2024, 6:06 pm

I saw similar situation at ORD a couple weeks ago. The [gatekeepers - mod edit] were screening people and were determining who could get in line to see a live CS agent versus who should just go to the kiosk.
dval44 likes this.

Last edited by l etoile; May 29, 2024 at 10:46 pm
Old Feb 10, 2024, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
UA makes it so difficult to talk to a live human at the airport (checkin, customer service, etc) it is really frustrating. When I've flown with a pet, which I know I need to see an agent for, they force me to checkin on the kiosk to watch it fail, THEN help me. I don't understand.

This is one nice thing about AA, very easy to find human assistance at the airport, although I bet this is due to a lack of technical capabilities, not a desire to provide a superior customer experience
Daze, CJ99, uanj and 4 others like this.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 6:41 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by halls120
You have to have cell phone to get service on United? .....
There are kiosks for those without or uncomfortable using the phone.
That's not to say I like this but phoneless folks are not disenfranchised
cawhite likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 7:24 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by RASEWR
While service is their passion, safety is their priority.
They are not flight attendants. Gate agents are not trained on how to evacuate an aircraft.
chavala likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 7:27 pm

Programs: too many
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
The QR code agents are normally local airport agents and that may be what those agents were doing. Not saying the denial was right, but if they were servicing other customers, by physically approaching them would not that be the same as cutting in line?
Didn't they try this at the ORD (B6?) club a year or two ago and backtracked on it?

Listen, AOD is a lovely great concept and helps many people. But If I'm paying for club membership,I want customer service in the club to assist me in person.

By the way, I 99.9% of the time self-support via the very good app and don't need an agent (virtual or otherwise). But in the rare case that I do, I expect one to be available to me in the club. I am not asking for much here.
Lurch, cawhite, CJ99 and 12 others like this.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by ty97
Didn't they try this at the ORD (B6?) club a year or two ago and backtracked on it?

Listen, AOD is a lovely great concept and helps many people. But If I'm paying for club membership,I want customer service in the club to assist me in person.
Follow the cost cutting mindset. Lux Flyer has the right idea

Step1) the UC agents have downtime (no line of people waiting, see OP), though there will be customers at other airports that need assistance. Move the UC agents to AOD so UA don't pay them for doing nothing

Step 2) why are we paying a premium for the UC agents to be at work? They can work remotely or from home. Cut physical worker, assign zero or 1 UC agent at the lounge, move everything to remote

Step 3) executive bonus!
Old Feb 10, 2024, 7:59 pm

Programs: United 1K, *wood LT Plat
Originally Posted by ty97

By the way, I 99.9% of the time self-support via the very good app and don't need an agent (virtual or otherwise). But in the rare case that I do, I expect one to be available to me in the club. I am not asking for much here.

That is a separate discussion - and because the Club requires a membership, United brought back agents in the Club.
Old Feb 10, 2024, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .58 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
[mod edit]

As a life member of the United Club, I expect the situation described by the original poster (OP) will recur many times over the next twelve months for numerous passengers affected by IRROPS.

Fly the Friendly Skiesô!
dval44 and Warriorconcept like this.

Last edited by l etoile; May 29, 2024 at 10:47 pm
Old Feb 10, 2024, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
[mod edit]

Your photo seems to be of the normal customer service area.
Were you in the lounge trying to access an agent in there or trying the normal customer service area?

I will typically try a GA first but sometimes they just send everyone to the customer service area. I think I've only gone to one of those customer service areas once or twice both resulted in zero progress towards a resolution. Generally seems to be useless. I personally have found it is always faster and more useful to call in. The exception would be if I'm in the lounge. In that case, I'll often go talk to an agent. Sometimes they are short staffed and there is no agent. In that case, I try the people in the lobby area checking people in. I had an issue with intl flights due to IRROPS at origin and destination. Two agents (in PL) helped me out for over an hour to resolve my issue. As with all customer service, its YMMV.

As for your situation, who knows who those two people are and what they were doing. Maybe they weren't CS agents. Maybe they weren't on duty. Maybe they were busy with something else or another customer. I wouldn't make assumptions. The "dragon" you spoke to certainly could have been nicer to you but that doesn't necessarily mean you were blocked from a CS agent. Maybe none was available.
ani90 likes this.

Last edited by l etoile; May 29, 2024 at 10:49 pm
Old Feb 11, 2024, 12:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum
[mod edit]

Customer-facing staff should not be actively preventing customers receiving face-to-face assistance when all other avenues have failed.
CJ99, enviroian, halls120 and 7 others like this.

Last edited by l etoile; May 29, 2024 at 10:50 pm
Old Feb 11, 2024, 12:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer

As a life member of the United Club, I expect the situation described by the original poster (OP) will recur many times over the next twelve months for numerous passengers affected by IRROPS.

Fly the Friendly Skiesô!
Back in December, when the crew wasn't fit to fly due to insufficient rest and my flight was going to be delayed by 3 hours, I was on the phone with CS for 45 mins trying to get re-booked and was told that I had to talk to a GA to get confirmed seats on an alternate flight for my soon-to-be-missed connection. The line at the gate was huge and after an hour waiting, I just canceled and flew on DL The app never gave me a valid re-booking option, except for routing me to another airport 200 miles from my destination or flying 2 days later. I was in paid F.

CS at UA has really gone to Hell.

Last edited by l etoile; May 29, 2024 at 10:51 pm
Old Feb 11, 2024, 6:12 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by PTahCha
They are not flight attendants. Gate agents are not trained on how to evacuate an aircraft.
someone missed the joke here...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.