Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Earning Status (PQP) on non-016 Tickets and Partner Metal {Archive}

Old Feb 8, 2024, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is Earning Status (PQP) on non-016 Tickets and Partner Metal
Print Wikipost

Earning Status (PQP) on non-016 Tickets and Partner Metal {Archive}

Old Jun 13, 2021, 5:49 pm

Programs: AC SE, Hilton Diamond
Has anyone been on the UA non-016 earnings page for Air Canada in the past couple of days? I was just on there last week and in my memory it was showing a full 200% for all Business class fares, including P. Now I go on today after I book a YVR-YYZ-DXB to double check and it shows a new earning structure for for flights flown on or after July 1, 2021.

Business J, C - 200%
Discount Business D, Z - 175%
Deep discount Business P - 150%
Old Jun 13, 2021, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by WorldwideChoppers
Has anyone been on the UA non-016 earnings page for Air Canada in the past couple of days? I was just on there last week and in my memory it was showing a full 200% for all Business class fares, including P. Now I go on today after I book a YVR-YYZ-DXB to double check and it shows a new earning structure for for flights flown on or after July 1, 2021.

Business J, C - 200%
Looks like UA has just closed off one of most lucrative status earning methods.

For flights through June 30, 2021, D, Z, and P fare earnings are not even present; although that may just be an accidental copy/paste oversight.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Looks like UA has just closed off one of most lucrative status earning methods.

For flights through June 30, 2021, D, Z, and P fare earnings are not even present; although that may just be an accidental copy/paste oversight.
Pretty sure that's the case. J, C, D, Z, P should all be 200% until Jun 30.
We all knew this was too good to stick around. I'll update the PQP calculator accordingly
Old Jun 13, 2021, 6:31 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Looks like UA has just closed off one of most lucrative status earning methods. ....
Not sure how PQPs are negotiated but in the past earnings were determined by the operating carrier (but UA set the cost).

If UA set the rate alone, you would see a lot more consistency across the board. The multiplier and preferred partners are likely UA decisions.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 6:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
150% is still better than nothing, and probably fits better with the per segment cap anyway - Air Canada often has/had some of the cheapest business class deals to Asia and Europe, especially ex-YVR, I was actually kicking around a status run from YVR to DXB for 1700USD, but since they've cut it off so quickly, I will re-evaluate. Now they are more on par with LH who also tosses out some good deals here and there. It's just a waiting game for some cheap fares, and in the end, it might take an extra trip or two during the year to make up the gap.

I will also be on the hunt for UA bulk fares in Polaris as an alternative, that might end up being a better option.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 7:05 pm

Also all AC premium econ, plus full fare Y and B econ earnings went down by 25%.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by WorldwideChoppers

Business J, C - 200%
ouch. Well, 150% is not too bad.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 10:05 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by kevflyer
Also all AC premium econ, plus full fare Y and B econ earnings went down by 25%.
I just ran an itinerary in the calculator for a trip that I have at the end of September on AC. Seems like it showing that LH P Intra European is calculating at 50%. LX D calculated at 200% all the other legs on AC calculated at 150%.

As to the RDMs my prior calculation before the devaluation it had showed a 75% bonus. Now I am not seeing that?

Oh well I lost about 1100 PQPís on my quest to 1K..
Old Jun 14, 2021, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Seems like it showing that LH P Intra European is calculating at 50%.
It's 100% and your screenshot shows 100% on LH P.

As to the RDMs my prior calculation before the devaluation it had showed a 75% bonus. Now I am not seeing that?
In your 1st screenshot your Premier status dropdown shows member. Set it to Platinum and you'll see the 75% RDM bonus.

Oh well I lost about 1100 PQP’s on my quest to 1K..
Sadly, The devaluation hurt AC P fares the most.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 10:44 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Oops! I didnít see that I didnít utilize the drop down for my Platinum status..

I stand corrected the 50% LH P is showing on the canadiancow calculator

thanks for what youíre doing very resourceful and useful
Old Jun 14, 2021, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by bocastephen
I will also be on the hunt for UA bulk fares in Polaris as an alternative, that might end up being a better option.
Any guidance on how to search for these bulk fares?
Old Jun 14, 2021, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Any guidance on how to search for these bulk fares?
Regarding the UA Bulk fares, Why would that be a substitute for AC P, If youíre seeking to gain UA PQPs quickly for status?
Old Jun 14, 2021, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Regarding the UA Bulk fares, Why would that be a substitute for AC P, If you’re seeking to gain UA PQPs quickly for status?
You can travel on UA with bulk fares, and earn based on distance flown rather than spend.

It's not AC P, or other partner flights, but another way to earn PQPs.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 2:47 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
We are getting a bit off topic here
For info on purchasing bulk fares, see Purchasing UA tickets from consolidator agencies -- downsides, issues?

For info on earning PQPs for UA bulk fares, see New Premier Qualification Requirements for 2020: Only Spend or Spend + Flight Sectors
Such as https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31616759-post214.html
UA Bulk fares PQP=RDMs for bulk fares/5

This thread is for partner, non-016 ticket PQPs

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 14, 2021 at 2:54 pm
Old Jun 15, 2021, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Yikes. I was willing to put up with flying AC for the P class bonus. Now may as well fly a decent airline or UA bulk if its all 150%

My favourite Canada domestic has gone down from 846 to 636 PQP as a result. (still not bad for ~$350 CAD)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.