Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2024 Letís Eat ó United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

2024 Letís Eat ó United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old Jan 29, 2024, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by TWA Guy
Lunch on IAD-AUS operated by Republic E170

Turkey sandwich with grapes, salad and pie in the sky. Other option was a cheese plate.

That looks way more appetizing than the disgusting half-size sandwiches AA serves in boxes on E170/E175/CRJ900 aircraft
Old Jan 29, 2024, 5:52 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by fly747first
That looks way more appetizing than the disgusting half-size sandwiches AA serves in boxes on E170/E175/CRJ900 aircraft
nothing about the thought of flying American Airlines sounds appetizing whatsoever !
Old Jan 29, 2024, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA, but I play the field
IAD-PUJ, 1:11 pm Jan 25

Originally Posted by WIRunner
Date: 1/20/24
UA2289
ORD-SEA
737 Max8

I pre-ordered the same tomato/burrata manicottitti pictured above and it was one of the best pasta dishes I recall having in the air. Rich in flavor but surprisingly light. I note that there were 6 entree choices on the pre-order menu but for folks who hasn't pre-ordered the choices on board were down to 3: manicotti, asian noodle salad (with beef on the side) or enchiladas. While I don't have much of a sweet tooth I found the blueberry cheesecake delicious but surprisingly small in size. I realize US dessert portions when dining out are often grotesquely oversized, but this was the opposite extreme, almost doll-like in proportion.

Separately, I am disappointed that there is not a pre-order opportunity for the return trip. I wish that would become a uniformly available option.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ZenFlyer
I pre-ordered the same tomato/burrata manicottitti pictured above and it was one of the best pasta dishes I recall having in the air. Rich in flavor but surprisingly light. I note that there were 6 entree choices on the pre-order menu but for folks who hasn't pre-ordered the choices on board were down to 3: manicotti, asian noodle salad (with beef on the side) or enchiladas. While I don't have much of a sweet tooth I found the blueberry cheesecake delicious but surprisingly small in size. I realize US dessert portions when dining out are often grotesquely oversized, but this was the opposite extreme, almost doll-like in proportion.

Separately, I am disappointed that there is not a pre-order opportunity for the return trip. I wish that would become a uniformly available option.
Are you on a wide body? Or a flight that's between 800-899 miles?
Old Jan 29, 2024, 2:07 pm

Anyone tried the rigatoni yet? If so, thoughts?
Old Jan 29, 2024, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
UA 2681 22 Jan
DEN-SFO
B753

After reading the reviews here, I decided on the BBQ Brisket. Meal service was incredibly slow. As in Glacially slow. Pleasant crew but....slow. Meal service lasted the whole flight. I was in 4F, but they were collecting finished and empty trays from row 1 before row 3 even got served. Anyway, I had higher hopes for the Brisket but the entree was served to me stone cold. It looked very good, but cold mashed potatoes and brisket aren't that appealing. Especially with all that juice, which I'm assuming was spinach runoff. I'll chalk this up to a one-off occurrence and would order it again.

Old Jan 29, 2024, 2:56 pm

Programs: AA, but I play the field
Originally Posted by ZenFlyer
Originally Posted by WIRunner
Are you on a wide body? Or a flight that's between 800-899 miles?
PUJ to IAD is about 1500 miles.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 3:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by KabAir
Anyone tried the rigatoni yet? If so, thoughts?
I had it a few times. Itís good. Not great. Iíd call it a ďsafe betĒ
KabAir likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
LGA-ORD
Republic E170
Snack

This plane was in a horrible state of disrepair. The seat recline button was missing, and the seat pocket in front of me was ripped so items would fall through. Nonetheless, I was pleasantly surprised to receive at least some sustenance on this flight, despite being under the new 900 mile threshold...the shelf-stable snack tray.

United Express LGA-ORD snack

ORD-EGE
Boeing 737-700
Dinner

Don't remember what the other choice was, but I went with the "beef enchiladas" as described by the FA. I purchased F at the last minute so wasn't able to pre-order. Service was terrific throughout the flight and I arrived...feeling no pain, lol.

United ORD-EGE Dinner
Old Jan 29, 2024, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Westbound transcon and choices are the usual. I guess I'll pre-order beef enchiladas or the thai beef salad. The burger with fries sounds very hit or miss, especially the fries. They may want to try tator tots, they warm up better.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 12:45 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CApreppie
Westbound transcon and choices are the usual. I guess I'll pre-order beef enchiladas or the thai beef salad. The burger with fries sounds very hit or miss, especially the fries. They may want to try tator tots, they warm up better.
Every single time I ordered the cheeseburger I felt nauseous for hours afterwards. More than half the time the cheese looked like it was put on with a blow torch. The fries were like dried wood, or they were still cold. I finally realized the insanity and stopped. Glad I havenít seen it on the pre-order menu in a while so I wonít be tempted.
choch345 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 8:07 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
IAH-MIA 29 Jan 1225 pm 73M9 seat 2E

No PDB, no nuts.

Drink before main. Pre-ordered the brisket which remains solid albeit presentation is reminiscent of the dog bowl Polaris era. Alas the coffee cake dessert is back.

seanp7 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 8:22 am

EWR-SEA

Pre-departure beverage options of water, OJ, Mimosa. Pre-ordered the French toast. It was good and was quite filling. Iíll probably revert back to eggs now, but Iím glad I tried this. Good mix of sweet and savory. The croissant was warmed and, miracle of miracles, was not flattened! 😁 Fruit was good. The yogurt apparently didnít get catered, just as well as I was stuffed from the French toast and didnít need more sugar. Very good service.
seanp7 and choch345 like this.

Last edited by KabAir; Jan 30, 2024 at 8:27 am
Old Jan 30, 2024, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by CApreppie
It's the old CO cheeseburger with the bun that has slid off and the cheese over heated... I avoid it all the time.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 1:30 pm

HNL ORD
28 January

Mochiko Chicken with pineapple rice
unknown appetizer
guava cake

chicken was ok Ö. Sauce was kind of like a BBq sauce Ö. Better than the cauliflower purťe they also had
United747 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.