Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2024 Letís Eat ó United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

2024 Letís Eat ó United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old Feb 14, 2024, 10:15 pm

Programs: UA, QR, EY, AA, SQ, A6, MH
Breakfast sammich on an early morning flight, EWR-MCO on the 757.

Old Feb 14, 2024, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA, QR, EY, AA, SQ, A6, MH
I got the last fajita available, MCO-EWR. I'm realizing now how unappetizing some of these photos make these meals look. It wasn't bad as far as airline meals go.

Old Feb 14, 2024, 10:50 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Get2DaChopper
I got the last fajita available, MCO-EWR. I'm realizing now how unappetizing some of these photos make these meals look. It wasn't bad as far as airline meals go.
That's the enchilada, not fajita. And yeah, the presentation is rough but it tastes ok.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2024, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Breakfast sammich on an early morning flight, EWR-MCO on the 757.

That looks like a hamburger to me, fries? Salad and Blueberry cheesecake... Interesting breakfast
Old Feb 14, 2024, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold

Did you post the correct photos, that is an enchilada, not fajitas
Old Feb 14, 2024, 11:31 pm

Programs: UA Gold; DL Silver; Amtrak Select Plus;Hilton Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
UA 1429 DEN-PHL Dinner

Very good service on this flight and it was a bonus to get a 737-800 with the new interiors. Like the new first class seats with the wireless charging.
FAs serving the F cabin provided great service - coats hung - paused boarding to provide PDB of water or sparkling wine.
Service began with hot towels follow by drinks and nuts.
I had pre-ordered the beef brisket and I enjoyed my meal. Salad was fresh. Proactive drink refills throughout the flight.

G&T and nuts

Beef Brisket with mashed potatoes and spinach.
Old Feb 15, 2024, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, UA GLD, Marriott GLD, Hyatt GLD
IAD-SFO 773 Asian vegetarian meal option dinner?

Preordering - anyone have any idea what the Asian veggie meal option might entail? Am not vegetarian, but staying off the carbs while trying to keep the flavor. Is it Indian? Other option I see would be the burger and toss the buns. Of course any other suggestions to stay low/no carbs welcome.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by phillykp
Preordering - anyone have any idea what the Asian veggie meal option might entail? Am not vegetarian, but staying off the carbs while trying to keep the flavor. Is it Indian? Other option I see would be the burger and toss the buns. Of course any other suggestions to stay low/no carbs welcome.
The Burger toss the bun could prove to be more difficult than you might think.

Many times the cheese heat welds itself to one bun and the burger welds itself to the other, with the bun heat welding itself to the dish.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 5:09 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, UA GLD, Marriott GLD, Hyatt GLD
Unhappy

Originally Posted by kmersh
The Burger toss the bun could prove to be more difficult than you might think.

Many times the cheese heat welds itself to one bun and the burger welds itself to the other, with the bun heat welding itself to the dish.
Oops!
Old Feb 17, 2024, 11:43 am

Programs: AA PP, UA Platinum/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
That looks like a hamburger to me, fries? Salad and Blueberry cheesecake... Interesting breakfast
Not to mention the mixed nuts with coffee.
FlightNurse likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 6:40 pm

Feb 17, STI-EWR. Preordering was not possible; options on board were the usual enchiladas and manicotti. I chose the enchiladas even though I had them on the flight down last week. They were still tasty in a good-TV-dinner way. And they were properly hot.

But the sides this time were a bit sad. Packaged fruit cup, cold, plastic-wrapped roll, and chocolate chip Pie in the Sky.

Guess I canít blame them though. Santiago isnít exactly a major airport, so they would have had to bring everything with them from Newark.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by KabAir
Based on mostly positive reviews, I tried the brisket yesterday. I found it to be pretty good, maybe ever so slightly bland, but with a little salt and pepper it was quite nice. I actually really liked the spinach which surprised me. Potatoes were fine. Salad was great, roll was warm. We did get nuts before the meal was served. Service was excellent overall.

The dessert surprised me, it was an apple pie. And it was really, really good. Maybe my favorite desert Iíve had on a UA domestic flight. Which Iím sure means Iíll never see it again.

Iíd definitely recommend the brisket, even if it did need a touch of the salt and pepper. Especially for a transcon. Itís very filling/ satisfying. I boarded very hungry, and still felt quite full 5 hours later when we landed.
Is that brisket dish the same on flights as short as DEN-SMF? Just put in a preorder for it but surprised to see the same preorder choice on a DEN-SMF flight as some of the transcons and DEN-East Coast flights reported on this thread.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Herb687
Is that brisket dish the same on flights as short as DEN-SMF? Just put in a preorder for it but surprised to see the same preorder choice on a DEN-SMF flight as some of the transcons and DEN-East Coast flights reported on this thread.
Yes, it is the same. The criterion is flight distance over 900mi.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
My thoughts exactly.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 7:01 pm

Feb 23 MSY-EWR

msy-ewr preorder
737 max 8

Going with the Southwest Tortilla Scramble for the 6:25am flight. Will report back with review, photos, and pre-order option for daytime flight back

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.