Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2024 Letís Eat ó United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

2024 Letís Eat ó United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old Jan 22, 2024, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by as219
People have been complaining about the vegetarian chili with polenta, but honestly I found it not too bad and definitely felt better about myself than if I had ordered the chicken.
It has ripened Tomatoes, not to be confused with unripened tomatoes... Just found the description too funny
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 10:55 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
SFO - EWR

As 2 1K traveling in row 1, we were the last ones to get order taken, and there was no choice.

The new version of butternut squash ravioli is now with brown butter, covered in wilted swiss chard.

The brown butter resulted in an oily dish, and the chards were underseasoned and bitter. The previous iteration with chopped butternut squash was better.

Last edited by PTahCha; Jan 22, 2024 at 11:27 am
Old Jan 22, 2024, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by PTahCha
SFO - LAX

As 2 1K traveling in row 1, we were the last ones to get order taken, and there was no choice.

The new version of butternut squash ravioli is now with brown butter, covered in wilted swiss chard.

The brown butter resulted in an oily dish, and the chards were underseasoned and bitter. The previous iteration with chopped butternut squash was better.
I know UA had a snack service (finger sandwiches) back in the 80-90's on this route, when did UA serve a full meal? I'm sure the FA's aren't used to working so hard on a short flight
Old Jan 22, 2024, 11:14 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
I know UA had a snack service (finger sandwiches) back in the 80-90's on this route, when did UA serve a full meal? I'm sure the FA's aren't used to working so hard on a short flight
I hope you are joking, since there was always a full meal on JFK/EWR-LAX/SFO, especially back in the 90's. Redeye flights had a light snack meal.

The pre-landing snack is a couscous salad/hummus plate, or deli meat and cheese block plate.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
SFO - LAX

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
I hope you are joking, since there was always a full meal on JFK/EWR-LAX/SFO, especially back in the 90's. Redeye flights had a light snack meal.

The pre-landing snack is a couscous salad/hummus plate, or deli meat and cheese block plate.
In your OP you said SFO-LAX so you could see why FlightNurse might be questioning it.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 11:28 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by wrp96
In your OP you said SFO-LAX so you could see why FlightNurse might be questioning it.
Ooops! Corrected the original post.

And yes, they would not serve a 3 course meals for SFO-LAX.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sure they would. It's called Old Fashioned, Old Fashioned, Buffalo Trace. 🤪
Old Jan 22, 2024, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Your welcome, but UA did have a snack service (finger sammy's) back in the late 80's early 90's on this route.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by fumje
Sure they would. It's called Old Fashioned, Old Fashioned, Buffalo Trace. 🤪
Looking at the photos of the ravioli and my asian noodle salad above, I think I'll be taking your 3 course meal suggestion from now on...
Old Jan 22, 2024, 12:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite, UA Premier 1K, TAP Silver, Hyatt Discoverist

Perhaps not a 3 course meal, but...

I remember staying up till mid-night to snag a double upg into F on the 747 SFO-LAX. They came around with a cart to serve a seafood platter. Boiled shrimp and other seafood. Those were the days!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2024, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold Choice Gold Wyndham Platinum IHG Platinum Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
UA 2276
IAD-LAX
1/20/2024
Seat 1A

Pre-ordered the ropa vieja enchiladas per recommendations and they did not disappoint. Would be my first choice in the future if offered. Not pictured is my Old Fashioned.

Old Jan 22, 2024, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Trouble at potato station.

IAH-HNL. Breakfast fingerlings very undercooked. Sweet potato wedges w/ pre-landing burger very overcooked. Rest of breakfast (egg white bites) and lunch fine.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 5:40 am

Having trouble deciding on which one to choose? Has anyone had the French toast or should I go for the scramble?
Old Jan 23, 2024, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Trouble at potato station.

IAH-HNL. Breakfast fingerlings very undercooked. Sweet potato wedges w/ pre-landing burger very overcooked. Rest of breakfast (egg white bites) and lunch fine.
No photos?
Old Jan 24, 2024, 12:02 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by cubs105

Having trouble deciding on which one to choose? Has anyone had the French toast or should I go for the scramble?
Scramble is definitely better than fritatta, as far as savory goes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.