Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2024 Letís Eat ó United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

2024 Letís Eat ó United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old Jan 13, 2024, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by PTahCha
The new snack is the same as old snack - just snack basket.
just booked ORD-DEN-GEG , 888 and 836 miles respectively , ugh 🙄
rch4u, MatthewLAX, hurnik and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by 1200GS
SNA-EWR

Pre-ordered the burger to give it another chance, and to remind myself how terrible it is and to never order again. Bun was somehow hard and soggy all at the same time, and meat/cheese was barely palatable. Had a few fries and went to sleep.
Catered options were rigatoni and brisket.

the bacon bbq burgers were great. The solution should be to just have the cheese slices on the side with the salad, and not cook it. Heat the patty separate, and the bun where they warm the dinner rolls.
iluv2fly and 1200GS like this.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 4:04 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by Lonsinla
Any idea whatís good on this menu? Just weird that the only protein option is beef?
I have that exact set of options for a flight later this week. I recall the enchiladas getting positive reviews here in the past so am trying those.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
DEN-MRY, UX, ERJ175, Lunch Departure
PDB, Choice of cheese platter or chicken and cheese sandwich. By the time they got to me, only sandwich was left which was fine. I'd say about 3-4 people in the cabin didn't have anything to eat.

Also brought out snack basket 2x and provided me extra cookie pie when I asked. Sandra was amazing! Will need to send her name to United.

Longboater likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CApreppie
PDB, Choice of cheese platter or chicken and cheese sandwich. By the time they got to me, only sandwich was left which was fine. I'd say about 3-4 people in the cabin didn't have anything to eat.

Also brought out snack basket 2x and provided me extra cookie pie when I asked. Sandra was amazing! Will need to send her name to United.
Totally respectable for a regional jet without ovens.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium

Is this basically the standard meal for RJ flights with meal service? I'm on IAD-AUS one week from today and lunch will be served.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
The return of Pie in the Sky!
Starbase 1K and jewree like this.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Originally Posted by st530
I am okay with that. I can think of worse problems.
st530, Starbase 1K and itripreport like this.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 9:26 pm

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select

Except for the sandwich, better presentation and catering than at a double-catered out-station for mainline service, i.e. no Dole fruit cup that I somewhat infamously posted twice last year on a now discontinued meal service flight, SRQ-IAD.
TXJeepGuy likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TWA Guy
Is this basically the standard meal for RJ flights with meal service? I'm on IAD-AUS one week from today and lunch will be served.
I haven't had a lot of experience with UX meals, but I flew the same route and had a similar sandwich. I think it is in last year's thread. I didn't see the cheese plate. Wonder if it is that pre-packaged preservative box that they used to serve directly laid out on a plate.

I like it better than that blueberry crumble cake. It is so decadent, but better than that also sweet crumble cake now served a lot.
ll22949 and itripreport like this.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by dshafiee
Anyone experience the new snack on 800 to 900 mile flights?
Its just a snack basket to pick from. It isn't like the old red eye snack from years ago.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 11:47 pm

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by WIRunner
Its just a snack basket to pick from. It isn't like the old red eye snack from years ago.
Had the switch been just that, with the exception routes largely ex-DEN that have always had meals, then fine, some grumbling there. But this really was a major downgrade and UA is using the guise of FA safety to cut back on meal service in order to cut costs, largely to help pay for that large pilot contract. Just my opinion.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 8:40 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
I like it better than that blueberry crumble cake. It is so decadent, but better than that also sweet crumble cake now served a lot.
Fun fact, looking back at old pre-pandemic Polaris photos, Pie in the Sky was one of the (non-sundae, non-cheese) dessert options (along with macaroons and other little cakes). It looked a lot fancier on the dessert cart than when plopped on a tray wrapped in plastic.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 11:01 am

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver

that sandwich (heated of course) would make a mighty fine snack on the snack flights
CApreppie likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2024, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Fun fact, looking back at old pre-pandemic Polaris photos, Pie in the Sky was one of the (non-sundae, non-cheese) dessert options (along with macaroons and other little cakes). It looked a lot fancier on the dessert cart than when plopped on a tray wrapped in plastic.
It is definitely better warmed up and you could definitely dress it up with a bit of whip cream and maybe a couple raspberries and piece of mint or any myriad of things or raspberry sauce or some chocolate sauce, etc.

That said, plastic wrap is easier to get an extra and take it off the plane.
st530 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.