Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2024 Letís Eat ó United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

2024 Letís Eat ó United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old Apr 17, 2024, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Grilled chicken and rice yesterday, SJU to EWR, so bad. Chicken was dry, rice was hard. Sauce was tomato on the side; should have been buffalo, which would have added some flavor to the near flavorless chicken and rice, at least.

I had flown on AS just hours prior, and its catering continue to impress. Pastrami sandwich was really good.

United food just sucks bigly.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 10:58 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by frutabell
Tried the sausage bread pudding after seeing reviews here- agree this is one of the better breakfasts I've had on United.

Really appreciated the FA adding the extra garnish to my bloody mary too

My wife tried the sausage bread pudding for the first time last week & she really liked it, too.
frutabell likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 5:44 pm

Programs: United 1K, Alaska MVP 75K, HH Diamond
United 1257 Den to Sea

Peruvian Chicken Pre order wasn't bad, decent flavour
perdav likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by frutabell
Really appreciated the FA adding the extra garnish to my bloody mary too

Since when has United had olives for bloody marys?
ll22949 likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 5:59 am

Apr10 UA 3550 IND - EWR
PDB of water only
I asked for a beer and FA told me they were instructed to only serve water and OJ and since she only had one can of OJ it was water (cup not bottle, of course).
But, during the flight both beer (IPA) and Buffalo Trace were served, along with snack basket.

Apr15 UA 3628 ORD - IND
Nothing - that is no PDB (FA was on her phone), no drinks during the flight, no snack basket either

General comment, the planes UA uses on these short(ish) routes are filthy - view from my seat on UA 3550 (the other was very similar):

Old Apr 18, 2024, 7:08 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Since when has United had olives for bloody marys?
Probably a creative FA broke into a snack box and used the olives from there.
SPN Lifer, wrp96 and frutabell like this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PTahCha
Probably a creative FA broke into a snack box and used the olives from there.
I thought so too, though those olives have some sort of red coating. In any case, nicely done by FA. I greatly appreciate that effort.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
I thought so too, though those olives have some sort of red coating. In any case, nicely done by FA. I greatly appreciate that effort.
The snack box olives have little bits of red pepper in the brine, which is what I think those flecks of red are in the picture.

I can't figure out what the green thing at the bottom of the spear is, though. It looks like a cucumber, but I'm sure it's not. Lime? But with lemon too? Do they usually stock both?

Anyway, bravo FA. Nice looking bloody!
Old Apr 18, 2024, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fumje
The snack box olives have little bits of red pepper in the brine, which is what I think those flecks of red are in the picture.

I can't figure out what the green thing at the bottom of the spear is, though. It looks like a cucumber, but I'm sure it's not. Lime? But with lemon too? Do they usually stock both?

Anyway, bravo FA. Nice looking bloody!
Yeah, I'd say that is a lime.

I want this FA next flight!
frutabell likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 8:52 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, AA Exec Plat., Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
I had the Peruvian Chicken last night, not terrible but not great either.

@UNITED:

- Can you just offer a simple grilled chicken breast with a side of rice and put sauce on the SIDE? I think most people prefer simplicity vs these overly complicated sauce laden dishes
- Salad: can we please have simple Oil/Vinegar vs. the sugar laden dressings??
- Dessert: these cakes look so dated- I think most would prefer warmed up cookies instead?

Originally Posted by rajsbasi
Peruvian Chicken Pre order wasn't bad, decent flavour
Old Apr 18, 2024, 9:25 am

Programs: UA 1K - 1 MM, Marriott LT-Plt, Hyatt Glb
MSP-SFO, Skywest E175, First.
No PDB, we were late and they were trying to get us out of there, but no real attempt was made.
After takeoff, drink orders were taken and "Will you be joining us for the meal". "The meal" was the cheese plate, no options. Orders were taken front to back, no preference given to status (at least two GS, multiple 1K, hard to count in the pre-board scrum. Of course with no food options, no real reason to give preference.

The service was fine, multiple offers or refills, no problem delaying the 'meal' for my wife.

Is it my imagination that some UAX have towels, nuts, glassware? While it was a fine cheese plate, for a 4.5 hour, dinner time, flight in first this is more than a bit disappointing. I know they don't have ovens on the RJs, but other airlines (AS in the U.S., LH, even BA in Europe) do better with cold meals. Later in the year, more assured of a 1K requal, I would choose Delta next time on this route.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by globetraveler
Can you just offer a simple grilled chicken breast with a side of rice and put sauce on the SIDE? I think most people prefer simplicity vs these overly complicated sauce laden dishes
​​​​​​
​​​​​​United does offer it. I just had it on SJU-EWR, and it's pretty bad. See post #436.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I assume if the UA app says a flight has ďDinnerĒ when I try to book a flight in F, then it actually has dinner? Looking at 915 flight DEN-PDX.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by mnredfox
I assume if the UA app says a flight has “Dinner” when I try to book a flight in F, then it actually has dinner? Looking at 915 flight DEN-PDX.
Yes. 5 days out, you should get e-mail w/ choices.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
On eastbound transcon business SFO-EWR the dessert cart did not make an appearance. Instead the FAs offered cheese, cheesecake, or sundae prepared in the galley. Is this normal?

The last two times I flew EWR to SFO in transcon business, by contrast, I did have trolley service for dessert.

All meals referred to above are lunch or dinner, and all aircraft were 772s.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.