Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2024 Let’s Eat — United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

2024 Let’s Eat — United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old Mar 27, 2024, 9:56 pm

Programs: United Premier Silver, Southwest A-List, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Gold, Starbucks Gold :)
SFO-DEN, Lunch

SFO-DEN, 787-9 Dreamliner, 2:40 pm departure, $199 paid upgrade

Pre-order menu. I selected the Breaded Eggplant.

Preorder Menu

Pre-departure drink choice of water or sparkling wine.

FA confirmed my pre-order choice for the eggplant and ask for my drink order.

On board choices were eggplant, bbq chicken, or salad.

Hot towel after takeoff followed by drink with warmed nuts.

Warmed nuts and drink

The eggplant (two pieces) was like a sandwich with melted cheese in between. Unfortunately, the eggplants were soggy. I was expecting something like an eggplant parmesan where there is some crunch to outside, but there was none of that here. It was breaded, to be sure, but no crunch/body.

Breaded Eggplant lunch

Eggplant (cut showing cheese in center)

I was disappointed. The saving grace was I used the cheese roll (warmed) to pick up the sauce and cheese, which was delicious.

The menu described the dish as “pesto with marinara and alfredo sauce”, which I thought was strange since they don’t go together. Maybe the caterer wanted to be flexible with their sauces and decided to throw everything on the menu. Other than marinara, there was no pesto nor alfredo that I could see/taste.

The dessert was a caramel (dulce de leche?) cheesecake. That was pretty good.

I ate quickly keeping my eye on time remaining on the flight. I finished after the 10 minutes-to-descend warning with the FA hovering in the back of the cabin quickly picking up trays. After the seatbelt light went on, people were still eating.

Full meal on a less than 2 hour flight on a widebody business class must be overwhelming for the FAs. Kudos to them.

I would not order the eggplant again.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
IAD-SFO
3/29/24
Boeing 777-300ER
Seat 1A
Dinner

A 3 hour delay was not how I planned this flight out but at least the food was enjoyable

never seen the “Thai beef meatballs” as an option before but here it was:
SPN Lifer and choch345 like this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 11:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
UA1148 EWR-SFO 6pm departure

ice cream sundae dessert

cheese plate dessert

chicken thigh main entree

pre-arrival snack hummus plate

Asked to hold the main entree until mid-flight which was obliged. No pre-order since last minute upgrade. Choice of a pasta, cold bean salad, or chicken thigh. Picked the chicken thigh which seems to be the same ones on non premium routes and it wasn't very good. One of the weaker entree options I've had. Things just seemed overcooked with the broccoli a little mushy, chicken low quality and without much flavor/not very juicy. Still the same old pre-arrival snack options that is way overdue for a refresh.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 3:58 am

Flying EWR-LAX on Saturday and here's my lunch options. Any suggestions? I'm leaning towards the chicken pizzaiola. Are there different options onboard if I'm not crazy about any of these options or is this the full selection and then some since I can preorder?
Attached Images  
Old Apr 1, 2024, 9:05 am

Programs: 1K
ORD-HDN 3-29 Chose the scrambled eggs which I've had a few times on this flight. it's okay, much prefer the Chorizo Scramble they had for a bit. No PDB however the purser and service was great when in the air. Also was glad to see vanilla yogurt.

HDN-IAH 3/30 PDB offered with a great crew. Booked the flight last minute so wasn't able to preorder however tried the BBQ chicken thighs with mac & cheese and found it pretty taste. Warm nuts were also salted for once and didn't have a rubbery texture.

SAT-ORD 3/30 PDB offered and great service as well. I chose the Cheese Enchiladas however this time they appeared much different than usual, please see below picture. No rice, some black beans and a piece of sausage? Also, there appeared to be something else inside the one enchilada then just cheese. Hard to say what it was, but it didn't appear to be chicken.

Overall, great service on the four flights I took in three days. Drinks were even served on the 25 minute hop from IAH to SAT Friday evening. The gentleman across the aisle was even able to snag a refill!
tstauck likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 5:01 pm

Programs: United MP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Other options

Did you see anyone who order the chicken and if so how did that look?
Old Apr 1, 2024, 6:25 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by brooklynflyer82
Which chicken option as there are at least 5 or 6 in the mix of the different routes?

One option, once you pin-pointed the specific versions, after posting , is to then also search this thread for the version.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 2, 2024 at 1:07 pm
Old Apr 2, 2024, 9:20 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by brooklynflyer82
I have the Peruvian Chicken pre-ordered on my flight to EWR tomorrow late-morning. Will snap and upload afterwards since I haven't seen it yet.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 9:59 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by cerps343
Flying EWR-LAX on Saturday and here's my lunch options. Any suggestions? I'm leaning towards the chicken pizzaiola. Are there different options onboard if I'm not crazy about any of these options or is this the full selection and then some since I can preorder?
Glad all my flights are <800 miles in April!
Old Apr 2, 2024, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
4/6 UA1387 BWI-SFO 5:49AM departure

Old Apr 3, 2024, 5:56 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
The brand new Chicken Pizzaola lunch / dinner entree is really good and surprisingly filling! I highly recommend it on your next flight in United First!

PTahCha, cesco.g, ll22949 and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 11:13 am

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by VWang1111
Anybody had this "Scrambled" & can report what are "chicken crumbles"???
Old Apr 3, 2024, 8:01 pm

Programs: United MP, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by MarkyMarc
I have the Peruvian Chicken pre-ordered on my flight to EWR tomorrow late-morning. Will snap and upload afterwards since I haven't seen it yet.
yes, that is the dish I was wondering about. I hadn’t seen anyone post it here yet. Have it ordered for Saturday but was hoping to see if that was a mistake.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by physioprof
Anybody had this "Scrambled" & can report what are "chicken crumbles"???
They seem like lumps of ground chicken, I think. The dish isn't bad, but it isn't very good either.
physioprof likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Originally Posted by unitedbusiness
The brand new Chicken Pizzaola lunch / dinner entree is really good and surprisingly filling! I highly recommend it on your next flight in United First!

It was pretty good. I agree. The chicken is just a breast topped with pizza sauce, so hard to screw up. The polenta and broccolini were tastier than usual, too.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.