Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2024 Letís Eat ó United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

2024 Letís Eat ó United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old Mar 18, 2024, 4:26 am

Programs: UA 1K MM
Originally Posted by Infinite1K
Is this in Polaris or domestic service?
D'oh! Domestic first. Hopefully a moderator can move this over to that thread? Sorry!
Old Mar 18, 2024, 4:34 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by rch4u
D'oh! Domestic first. Hopefully a moderator can move this over to that thread? Sorry!

Although, it's a good reminder to all of us that there's basically no difference in food between the two!
cricketer likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by narvik
Although, it's a good reminder to all of us that there's basically no difference in food between the two!
Lol the fact that I even had to question it and couldnít tell right away says all we need to know.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 9:50 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Actually, the tray table in the picture gives it away that it is not Polaris (opens sideways).
Old Mar 18, 2024, 10:07 am

Programs: AA PP, UA 1K/MM, WoH Globalist, HH Gold
Originally Posted by GourmetFlyer
Actually, the tray table in the picture gives it away that it is not Polaris (opens sideways).
Also you can see the a bit of the wall mounted TV.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 11:44 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
HNL-IAH. Here are pics of the Pineapple Teriyaki chicken, and Mochiko chicken. Both were tender and acceptable.

Teriyaki

Mochiko
choch345 and W&M Flyer like this.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
EGE-ORD
Breakfast
737-700

Shelf-stable breakfast offering (no choice) as the plane overnights in EGE. PDB of water and OJ only. Passenger behind me asked for, and was granted a Prosecco. Once in the air, beverage and "food" served at once. Croissants served luke-warm.

United First Class Breakfast EGE-ORD
Old Mar 18, 2024, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
UA 2058 IAD-IAH, 3/8/2024
787-8

Having a seat in row 11 made for a long wait for breakfast as we kept running into chop that led the pilot to direct the FAs back to their jump seats multiple times. I pre-ordered the egg shakshuka and would do so again--nice kick from the heat in the tomato sauce. I know this dish is supposed to come with poached eggs, but swapping them for the scrambled-egg pucks seen here flecked with herbs seems a reasonable accommodation for the limits of pre-cooked meals warmed in aircraft galleys.

Old Mar 19, 2024, 6:38 am

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
What did they do to the cheese?

Had the cheese plate on the redeye last night sfo-ewr. used to be a cheddar of some sorts, and a blue and something else. Last night there were three indistinguishable except for color, nearly tasteless cheeses on the plate. what gives?
Old Mar 19, 2024, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
EGE-ORD
Breakfast
737-700

Shelf-stable breakfast offering (no choice) as the plane overnights in EGE. PDB of water and OJ only. Passenger behind me asked for, and was granted a Prosecco. Once in the air, beverage and "food" served at once. Croissants served luke-warm.

United First Class Breakfast EGE-ORD
That's the same packaged cheese tray that UA offers on very short flights such as EWR ITH on the CRJ 550s
CJ99 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 7:30 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Yeah. Overall it was a very pathetic meal offering.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DCA writer
UA 2058 IAD-IAH, 3/8/2024
787-8

Having a seat in row 11 made for a long wait for breakfast as we kept running into chop that led the pilot to direct the FAs back to their jump seats multiple times. I pre-ordered the egg shakshuka and would do so again--nice kick from the heat in the tomato sauce. I know this dish is supposed to come with poached eggs, but swapping them for the scrambled-egg pucks seen here flecked with herbs seems a reasonable accommodation for the limits of pre-cooked meals warmed in aircraft galleys.

Here is a breakfast meal (same meal) on BA between Malaga, Spain and LHR .This is just for comparison. The eggs were semi runny and the dish was hot
DCA writer likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 7:37 am

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
UA 1444 IAH-DCA, 3/12/2024
737-800

Cheese enchiladas, very much a comfort-food choice, with the caramel-topped cheesecake the part of the meal I most want to see on a future flight. This plane also had the United Next interior, and that screen is terrific!

VRFast likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 9:35 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
UA269 BOG-EWR
MAX8 0948 dep

chimichurri beef stir fry, other option was a grilled chicken breast with coconut lime sauce. Absolutely fantastic service from purser Craig C throughout the 5+ hour flight
also offered a foil wrapped heated chocolate cupcake 90 minutes before arrival, didnít partake but noticed they were pouring some decent wines - red and white from Acacia

st530 and VRFast like this.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
3/19 UA1250 EWR-SFO 8:25AM departure

ricotta crepes

pre-arrival snack

Pre-ordered the ricotta crepes although they ended up serving me the peach cobbler crepe without telling me. Surprisingly tasty, not too sweet, decent ratio of filling, thin crepe exterior, heated up to be quite warm and very creamy. Would choose again for breakfast.

Last edited by VWang1111; Mar 23, 2024 at 2:16 pm Reason: new info about peach cobbler crepe rather than ricotta crepe

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.