Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2024 Letís Eat ó United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

2024 Letís Eat ó United First, United Business, & Premium Transcon Service

Old Feb 1, 2024, 1:25 pm

Programs: American Express got a hit man lookin' for me
Southwest Scramble today on IAD-LAX

This was a pretty decent breakfast. Main complaints: the fruit was still a little frozen, and the cutlery was also ice-cold (presumably the whole tray had been refrigerated).
Old Feb 1, 2024, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by joejones
and the cutlery was also ice-cold (presumably the whole tray had been refrigerated).
First thing I do when I get the tray is open up the silverware and put it under the edge of the main dish to warm up. Same if there is butter for the bread.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 2:15 am

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Against my better instincts, I tried the brisket again this week, this time out of DEN.

Round 1 - I was served cold food. The potato looked like an icy substance swimming in a pool of something. Weird. Sent it back, the FA apologized profusely and blamed catering for packing it in dry ice.

Round 2 - I was served what I believe was a different brisket plate. No swimming potato here. I pointed out that I had touched the last one and didn't want someone else to get it. They insisted they had tracked it carefully and that was mine. Didn't looked like anyone had touched it, so I tucked in. It wasn't cold, but it sure wasn't warm. Sent it back again for more heating.

Round 3 - Warm (not hot) food. Tasteless, though probably slightly better than out of SFO.

Conclusion: Will never order the brisket again. The veg chili with polenta is clearly the way to go until the March changes set in.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 2:17 am

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Pie in the sky butter cookie returning.

New menu items in March, including higher quality proteins and return of salad entree(s).
Ugh. Pie in the sky chocolate >> current fruit custard tart cake thing >>>>>>>>> pie in the sky butter cookie. Bad move for me. Or maybe good, because now I won't eat the dessert!

looking forward to "higher quality proteins" - which means I'll likely be disappointed!
kirkwoodj and itripreport like this.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 6:47 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by cricketer
looking forward to "higher quality proteins" - which means I'll likely be disappointed!
Squirrel is a delicacy in some parts...
Old Feb 2, 2024, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Squirrel is a delicacy in some parts...
And so would Kirby if he had been casted in Green Inferno lol
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 9:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL GOLD, IHG LIFE PLAT, BONVOY'ED GOLD
Originally Posted by cricketer
Ugh. Pie in the sky chocolate >> current fruit custard tart cake thing >>>>>>>>> pie in the sky butter cookie. Bad move for me. Or maybe good, because now I won't eat the dessert!

higher quality disappointment!
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 10:57 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by fly747first
And so would Kirby if he had been casted in Green Inferno lol
Soylent Green?
Old Feb 2, 2024, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
I shall see what I get this weekend. Pie in the Sky butter cookie - haven't had that one yet.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by CApreppie
Pie in the Sky butter cookie - haven't had that one yet.
Tastes like nothing IMO
cricketer and tcdtcd like this.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Tastes like nothing IMO
500 calories for nothing!
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I'm usually on a morning breakfast flight out of Honolulu, sometimes on a redeye (where I skip the meal). Rare flight for me out of HNL w/ a lunch or dinner I'll partake of. How does one tell the difference between cauliflower puree and sanded tile grout - it's on a plate? I think I'll pass on it, even though it comes with "groats". Special meal options, etc, not shown

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Feb 4, 2024 at 8:51 am
Old Feb 4, 2024, 9:06 am

Based on mostly positive reviews, I tried the brisket yesterday. I found it to be pretty good, maybe ever so slightly bland, but with a little salt and pepper it was quite nice. I actually really liked the spinach which surprised me. Potatoes were fine. Salad was great, roll was warm. We did get nuts before the meal was served. Service was excellent overall.

The dessert surprised me, it was an apple pie. And it was really, really good. Maybe my favorite desert Iíve had on a UA domestic flight. Which Iím sure means Iíll never see it again.

Iíd definitely recommend the brisket, even if it did need a touch of the salt and pepper. Especially for a transcon. Itís very filling/ satisfying. I boarded very hungry, and still felt quite full 5 hours later when we landed.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 9:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
I'm usually on a morning breakfast flight out of Honolulu, sometimes on a redeye (where I skip the meal). Rare flight for me out of HNL w/ a lunch or dinner I'll partake of. How does one tell the difference between cauliflower puree and sanded tile grout - it's on a plate? I think I'll pass on it, even though it comes with "groats". Special meal options, etc, not shown
You're getting pre-flight options on a widebody?

Nothing for us on LAX-HNL next week on the 772.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Kacee
You're getting pre-flight options on a widebody?...
Yup. Pre-order was available on 9am 773ER SFO-HNL last month. Maybe UA's ramping up domestic wide-body pre-orders? Good news - looks like one gets to pre-order food on most United flights serving meals. Bad news is that it's still United food.
choch345, wrp96 and hhdl like this.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Feb 4, 2024 at 2:09 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.