Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

*** 2024 GS Notification Thread*** (including first time qualifiers & challenges)

Old Dec 20, 2023, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: limey1K
2024 GS Qualification spreadsheet and new easy complete Form!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Please enter as much data as you have available for prior years too.

Option #2 is an easy to complete Form!!: https://forms.gle/kiy5m2f5cNCkAtEe9

Print Wikipost

*** 2024 GS Notification Thread*** (including first time qualifiers & challenges)

Old Feb 3, 2024, 10:18 am

Global service line

As a newly demoted premier 1 k as of 2 days ago, has anyone tried calling global services phone number to see if theyíll help you with reservations or will they bounce you right out to premier 1k line?
Old Feb 3, 2024, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by yankees1
As a newly demoted premier 1 k as of 2 days ago, has anyone tried calling global services phone number to see if they’ll help you with reservations or will they bounce you right out to premier 1k line?
I bet UA systems will recognize incoming phone number as being tied to 1K unless you dial from line not in your profile. 1K agents are fine, BTW.

You'll board w/ current GSs, too?
United747 likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 10:24 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
As a newly demoted premier 1 k as of 2 days ago, has anyone tried calling global services phone number to see if theyíll help you with reservations or will they bounce you right out to premier 1k line?
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
I bet UA systems will recognize incoming phone number as being tied to 1K unless you dial from line not in your profile. 1K agents are fine, BTW.
I tested it just now - still got "thank you for calling GS" and then after declining that constant annoying feedback question got an agent with "thank you for calling global services, this is..." I didn't test if they'd actually help me...
Old Feb 3, 2024, 10:24 am

Programs: United Global Services, Marriott Ambassador Elite
I'm in the same boat - working on my challenge. When I had GS, if I called 1K number, it would say "please hold while I connect your to a GS representative." Now it's back to "how can I help you." I would just call 1K and save yourself the trouble.

Originally Posted by ironmanjt
I tested it just now - still got "thank you for calling GS" and then after declining that constant annoying feedback question got an agent with "thank you for calling global services, this is..." I didn't test if they'd actually help me...
As soon as they pull your account info, they'd likely transfer.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 3, 2024 at 11:29 am Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Feb 3, 2024, 1:32 pm

So is it safe to now say that the PQP benefit that is thrown off and sent to Mileage Plus Global or Premier 1K for that matter is pretty useless from the Chase Mileage Plus credit card? That's another annoying promote no loyalty aspect of this now which is that you can spend over $200,000+ on the United Mileage Plus Club Card and throw off 10,000 PQP and Global Services thumbs their nose at that...why bother? Why not just move the spend to AMEX Black Card? Sure you get United Miles w/ the spend and even bonus miles but when it comes to Global Services, clearly the credit card spend doesn't influence anything with their choices on who they invite and who they don't...?
Old Feb 3, 2024, 2:26 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
So is it safe to now say that the PQP benefit that is thrown off and sent to Mileage Plus Global or Premier 1K for that matter is pretty useless from the Chase Mileage Plus credit card? That's another annoying promote no loyalty aspect of this now which is that you can spend over $200,000+ on the United Mileage Plus Club Card and throw off 10,000 PQP and Global Services thumbs their nose at that...why bother? Why not just move the spend to AMEX Black Card? Sure you get United Miles w/ the spend and even bonus miles but when it comes to Global Services, clearly the credit card spend doesn't influence anything with their choices on who they invite and who they don't...?
Totally confused by these statements. There are number of conclusions stated that are not supported in reality.

1. Credit Card PQPs can be used for 1K status, if anything many are concerned that makes 1K too easy.

2. As for GS, in the past there has been no credit, inferred or given, toward GS status for credit card spend, just spend for UA operated flights. There have been some hints that may be changing but no clear indication.

There are many things unclear about GS qualification for 2024. Things have appeared to changed but that items mentioned don't fit.

Can you clarify what you are saying? It does not seem to line up with what is known.
SPN Lifer and jkallet like this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 3, 2024 at 2:31 pm
Old Feb 3, 2024, 2:33 pm

what i am saying is the noting the PQP benefit from the United Club Mileage Plus Chase card only helps towards Premier 1K and noting that many of us are in this middle ground area of 45-65000 $ spend on United itself and NOT getting Global, why bother having the Mileage Plus Club Chase card? Save $650? If we're already spending $200K+ on that credit card (some of which is United and some of which is completely unrelated to air spend), $650 is not a great benefit...nor is anything from that card doing anything to influence Global Services...so why bother with that card...
Old Feb 3, 2024, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
EWR Flyer here.

8-9 years straight of GS except for 1 year and through challenge got it back by April.

2023 stats were 58,878 PQP & 64 PQF. Almost all of this is first class. 1.8 million miler to date.

8 of the 64 were business or first class international on UA metal.

Didn't get it. ,,, .
Are you a part of a UA corporate discount program? Did you get a challenge?

As stated, credit card spend has not previous been a GS factor -- if it is now or will be in the future is unknown.
Had you been under the impression it was in the past for GS?
Old Feb 3, 2024, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Are you a part of a UA corporate discount program? Did you get a challenge?

As stated, credit card spend has not previous been a GS factor -- if it is now or will be in the future is unknown.
Had you been under the impression it was in the past for GS?

No Corporate discount and yes on a challenge.

The point is that there's no benefit when you are chasing Global Services to that card.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 3, 2024 at 4:00 pm Reason: repaired quote
Old Feb 3, 2024, 3:58 pm

... The point is that there's no benefit when you are chasing Global Services to that card.
And the point is it has not in the past. Future?
Old Feb 3, 2024, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Main benefit of the club card is club access
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 11:59 pm

Dollar is a dollar. Started doing exactly that spreading $ to other published top tiers Delta and AA . UA demoting loyal customers will cost them more eventually..
Old Feb 4, 2024, 4:15 am

Oh the angst

The annual controversy around GS seems to cause a lot of angst for many people - I feel for those especially spending $100k+ and having to endure the roller coaster. I suggest we all take a very close look at the benefits to each of us of GS status to ascertain whether in some cases we are overly focused on chasing a holy grail which is of limited utility. For some, the answer may lie in spreading $$$ amongst more than 1 airline and reaping the benefits of having top tier published status in 2 major alliances. Iím certainly in that camp - United apparently nixing $100k+ spenders this year should have us all engaging in circumspection.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.7MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by flyinghigh75
The annual controversy around GS seems to cause a lot of angst for many people - I feel for those especially spending $100k+ and having to endure the roller coaster. I suggest we all take a very close look at the benefits to each of us of GS status to ascertain whether in some cases we are overly focused on chasing a holy grail which is of limited utility. For some, the answer may lie in spreading $$$ amongst more than 1 airline and reaping the benefits of having top tier published status in 2 major alliances. Iím certainly in that camp - United apparently nixing $100k+ spenders this year should have us all engaging in circumspection.
There's gotta be something else going on if these "GS rejects" are actually spending $100K on UA metal, and on premium fares (where I think >50 cpm comes into play as well)
ContinentalFan and greenpau like this.
Old Feb 4, 2024, 4:38 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
There's gotta be something else going on if these "GS rejects" are actually spending $100K on UA metal, and on premium fares (where I think >50 cpm comes into play as well)
I believe most of these are corporate contract discounted rates using corporate money. These fliers donít have much a choice except to take UA 1k status and keep on spending 100k+ of corporate money while the corps who signed the contract elect who gets the GS designation. Limits amount of GS awarded already for the contracted corporation vs calculating the corporate contracted flier as an in dividual flier.

One poster mentioned 18k spend to get GS is worth 10ks worth of free upgrades as a GS. No wonder UA wants to clamp down on double dipping with corp contract.

If people are spending their own money or have their own small business, then itís on them for not spending 75k with PassPlus and getting automatic GS for one flyer rather than leave it to chance if they truly want GS and already spending 100k plus.
DJ_Iceman and kirkwoodj like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.