Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

*** 2024 GS Notification Thread*** (including first time qualifiers & challenges)

Old Dec 20, 2023, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: limey1K
2024 GS Qualification spreadsheet and new easy complete Form!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Please enter as much data as you have available for prior years too.

Option #2 is an easy to complete Form!!: https://forms.gle/kiy5m2f5cNCkAtEe9

Print Wikipost

*** 2024 GS Notification Thread*** (including first time qualifiers & challenges)

Old Jan 24, 2024, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by Cardinalflyer
Just refreshed and the challenge tracker is back.
Mine is back too -- with the correct spend and telling me how much more I need to spend...
Old Jan 25, 2024, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Flew my first flight of the challenge -- about halfway to the $18k now... I checked mystatus and don't see the GS challenge any more -- has it disappeared for anyone else?
It was there for me this morning, now gone.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 11:56 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Deleted
cesco.g and Repooc17 like this.

Last edited by benewr; Feb 4, 2024 at 7:43 am
Old Jan 27, 2024, 2:20 pm

Does anyone know to whom you appeal your GS status? I have been GS for 14 consecutive years and got 1K for 2024. Does anyone have an email or phone number for an appeal?
Thank you, much appreciated.
Old Jan 27, 2024, 2:48 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA GS; Marriott Titanium / LT Plat
Originally Posted by Camden72
Does anyone know to whom you appeal your GS status? I have been GS for 14 consecutive years and got 1K for 2024. Does anyone have an email or phone number for an appeal?
Call the GS line. That is what I would do. I emailed, that worked for me, but probably took longer than calling,
flynnr likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 9:56 am

Programs: UA GS; Former Alaska MVPG75/DL Diamond/NW Platinum/BA Gold
Originally Posted by jonisflying
Call the GS line. That is what I would do. I emailed, that worked for me, but probably took longer than calling,
I think they will just pass you to the MP service desk. Maybe faster than calling MP directly, but same result.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Camden72
As a longtime 1K, please know that you'll be boarding after families w/ children, so post January 31, please leave room so current GSs and families w/ children can get through to the scanner. The 1K group can get pretty big and obliviously clog the pre-board area.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 6:23 pm

Programs: United, American, Delta
Originally Posted by Doppy
Probably better to have top published tier benefits on multiple airlines than just 1K on United with $50-100k spend is how I would look at it
I agree, i destroyed 1k back June 2023 and should have taken the AA reciprocal challenge. Not a mistake i will make this year. GS over the years had been good but the biggest benefit for me has been the united club access since i connect in hub on nearly every trip. But that is only worth $550 as an elite. I will swap my united CC and get free club acess plus 100k bonus miles with the $495 cc fee deferred for a year. Also being 2MM my wife shares status which is nice for her since i am gone so much....bit of a give back from united. There's always a work around the airline BS if you stay calm and figure out a plan that works best for you. I also enjoy the extra attention when i do fly AA in premium cabin full fare....because they know i fly a lot and appreciate my business when i give it to them. I have been told this directly by a pursar.
Doppy, SPN Lifer and eightblack like this.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 7:37 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Gold
Just hit the 18K to complete the challenge. My status tracker updated to the following:

Congratulations! Welcome to United Global Services for 2024!

You've successfully met the requirements specified in your exclusive offer. We invite you to enjoy the best of United® and MileagePlus as a United Global Services member in 2024.

You'll see your status updated in the next three business days and your benefits will be valid through January 31, 2025.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 9:13 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by flynnr
Just hit the 18K to complete the challenge. My status tracker updated to the following:
Still in January - my hat's off to you! See you in the other side in two-three weeks!
Old Feb 1, 2024, 5:16 am

“Status update in progress”

Front page message on United mystatus website. “We’re taking a look at 2024 Premier qualifications … back by early afternoon February 1st”. Anyone else see this?
Old Feb 1, 2024, 5:29 am

I see that too. Plus the status changed fr global to premier 1k

Originally Posted by flyinghigh75
Front page message on United mystatus website. “We’re taking a look at 2024 Premier qualifications … back by early afternoon February 1st”. Anyone else see this?
Old Feb 1, 2024, 7:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL, AA, AS
Updating status for 2024

Yes, I also see that message too that the site will be back up this afternoon (Feb 1). I’d never received a response to a request for review to reinstate my GS (2023 had 56k pqd / 85 segments —all in personal travel, home base is SFO)
Old Feb 1, 2024, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm getting that message as well. Before it said "thanks for asking us to review you for GS but too bad for you" or something to that effect.

Earned 13k PQP so far this year with that much booked for Feb already.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Doppy
I'm getting that message as well. Before it said "thanks for asking us to review you for GS but too bad for you" or something to that effect.

Earned 13k PQP so far this year with that much booked for Feb already.
Tracker is back with the same message again
SPN Lifer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.