Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

*** 2024 GS Notification Thread*** (including first time qualifiers & challenges)

Old Dec 20, 2023, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: limey1K
2024 GS Qualification spreadsheet and new easy complete Form!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Please enter as much data as you have available for prior years too.

Option #2 is an easy to complete Form!!: https://forms.gle/kiy5m2f5cNCkAtEe9

Print Wikipost

*** 2024 GS Notification Thread*** (including first time qualifiers & challenges)

Old Jan 17, 2024, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM / Hilton Diamond / Bonvoy Gold / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by scubadu

P.S. We are in complete agreement on the value of the program, relative to $ spent. It's refreshing to see that the fog is lifting for some, like, Rock214
…and to see the fog of smugness has set in for others!

This is a frequent flier forum. For many of us that means way too much time away from home. It’s human nature to complain, like I have here, about losing something that made it a touch more tolerable. But you’re probably right. Go ahead and take comfort in that.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .58 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jonisflying (Post # 677)
I wrote in asking if I could get a challenge for 2024, not expecting it, but figured I'd ask - since I already have more than 8,000 PQP booked in the first 2 months of the year - and I just heard back: I was offered the challenge: $18,000 between 01-Jan and 30-Jun.
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH (Post # 679)
Isn't it any 90 day period within that 6-month timeframe?
Originally Posted by porciuscato (Post # 681)
Yes, unless this poster got an offer different from any that I've seen or heard of.
Originally Posted by jonisflying (Post # 711)
The challenge is live on my status page, and it does say within 120 day period. So the email was incorrect.
Or at least incomplete. From Post # 682 above:

Quote:

"You can track your progress at https://mystatus.united.com". On-line the instructions specify "Within any consecutive 120-day period between January 1st 2024 and June 30th 2024".

Last edited by SPN Lifer; Jan 18, 2024 at 2:35 am
Old Jan 18, 2024, 8:35 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
I’m beginning to be a little concerned. I have flights from Monday that have posted to my account but not to the tracker…given they would put me 1/3 of the way to the 18 it’s concerning…and agents “can’t confirm if they should be there or not”
Old Jan 18, 2024, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ironmanjt
I’m beginning to be a little concerned. I have flights from Monday that have posted to my account but not to the tracker…given they would put me 1/3 of the way to the 18 it’s concerning…and agents “can’t confirm if they should be there or not”
maybe they’re supposed to be flown before they show up?

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Jan 18, 2024 at 7:17 pm
Old Jan 18, 2024, 11:40 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
mare they supposed to be there before you fly them?
Flights were both on Monday the 15th (already flown) and posted to my 2025 status tracker...but not to the GS challenge tracker. That's what concerns me. It was a D fare on UA metal and 016 ticket purchased in January, so should be eligible.
Warriorconcept likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K; BR Gold
Has any 1K been offered the GS challenge? Just got the "we've reviewed your account, you were rejected on purpose" email.

With over $60k PQP on United metal in 2023 ($68k total), I did not make the cut. 1K since 2018. Just feels like a jab after seeing 1Ks in the spreadsheet get invited with lower spend. I know there are many GS/1K with more spend than me in a worse boat than me.

There is zero incentive to spend anything beyond 1K for 2024 with United.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by SkiBikeBeer
Except earning 11 miles/dollar and receiving 1K benefits when you fly? I mean, go with a competitor if it's faster/cheaper, but...
DJ_Iceman and Warriorconcept like this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA GS, HH Diamond
Flights were both on Monday the 15th (already flown) and posted to my 2025 status tracker...but not to the GS challenge tracker. That's what concerns me. It was a D fare on UA metal and 016 ticket purchased in January, so should be eligible.
Check #7 on the T&C portion of the email. It takes up to 7 days to reflect in the challenge tracker.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by AugustusM
Check #7 on the T&C portion of the email. It takes up to 7 days to reflect in the challenge tracker.
Yeah, I noticed that. Last year it always posted the night after being flown, but maybe they've updated the code...
Old Jan 18, 2024, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA GS, HH Diamond
Yeah, I noticed that. Last year it always posted the night after being flown, but maybe they've updated the code...
It's United, they probably didn't update the code.
ironmanjt and Warriorconcept like this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 12:27 pm
Moderator: Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Has any 1K been offered the GS challenge? Just got the "we've reviewed your account, you were rejected on purpose" email.

With over $60k PQP on United metal in 2023 ($68k total), I did not make the cut. 1K since 2018. Just feels like a jab after seeing 1Ks in the spreadsheet get invited with lower spend. I know there are many GS/1K with more spend than me in a worse boat than me.

JUst curious, what was your PQF number for 2023?
mdb212 likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K; BR Gold
Originally Posted by eightblack
JUst curious, what was your PQF number for 2023?
66 PQF for the $60.1k PQP.

Except earning 11 miles/dollar and receiving 1K benefits when you fly? I mean, go with a competitor if it's faster/cheaper, but...
Fair point. I suppose I meant for spend beyond 1K thinking GS is attainable. I'll admit the FFP allure of GS did keep me loyal in 2023, in times where it may not have made complete sense routing wise. I will still be flying UA when the price/routing makes sense, but liberate myself to free agency otherwise.
ironmanjt, uanj and ContinentalFan like this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 18, 2024 at 4:02 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Jan 18, 2024, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 3 MM, CLEAR
1K offered challenge

In 2023, I made Lifetime 1K in January. I had been GS for about 8 years prior to that. I was not invited to GS for 2023, based on 2022 flying. In 2023, my stats were 24,094 PQP and 48 PQF. Today, I received the challenge for GS that others have been receiving. I do not expect to meet the challenge.
Warriorconcept likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 3:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Fair point. I suppose I meant for spend beyond 1K thinking GS is attainable. I'll admit the FFP allure of GS did keep me loyal in 2023, in times where it may not have made complete sense routing wise. I will still be flying UA when the price/routing makes sense, but liberate myself to free agency otherwise.
So... you'll liberate yourself to free agency but... still fly UA enough maintain 1K as you have since 2018, right?

That'll show em'

Regards
Old Jan 18, 2024, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RAPUAFlyer
In 2023, I made Lifetime 1K in January. I had been GS for about 8 years prior to that. I was not invited to GS for 2023, based on 2022 flying. In 2023, my stats were 24,094 PQP and 48 PQF. Today, I received the challenge for GS that others have been receiving. I do not expect to meet the challenge.
Wow. I was at $64k and ~ 60 PQF net and couldn't get a challenge
SPN Lifer and ContinentalFan like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.