Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

*** 2024 GS Notification Thread*** (including first time qualifiers & challenges)

Old Dec 20, 2023, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: limey1K
2024 GS Qualification spreadsheet and new easy complete Form!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Please enter as much data as you have available for prior years too.

Option #2 is an easy to complete Form!!: https://forms.gle/kiy5m2f5cNCkAtEe9


Print Wikipost

*** 2024 GS Notification Thread*** (including first time qualifiers & challenges)

Old Jan 4, 2024, 6:33 am
  #226  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ORD
Programs: UA GS
Posts: 159
Originally Posted by wxguy
Interesting that new invitations are being done about a week earlier in the month of January than previous years. As we know, late January is a "GS heavy" period as there are both the new GS invitees as well as those whose terms are coming to an end. So this "GS heavy" period is now closer to four weeks than just over two weeks.
yes it will be a busy month. The flip side is that 2023 is done, so if we are going to get an invite based on our 2023 activity, no point in delaying it…
bagspacked is offline  
Old Jan 4, 2024, 7:39 am
  #227  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Washington Dulles
Programs: UA GS 2.8MM, Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Global Entry
Posts: 5
Just logged into the UA app .. updated to GS from 1K .. no other notification
62.7K PQP on UA metal, $0.42 UA CPM, IAD based, GS 2015-2020
YDriveWhenUCanFly is offline  
Old Jan 4, 2024, 8:29 am
  #228  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SFO, OAK
Programs: UA GS 0.9MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 173
I just saw my welcome to GS notice for 2024. I had a PQP of 46122 on UA metal last year. I have updated the spreadsheet. Let's see if my prediction below from a couple of weeks ago holds true. Good luck to all still waiting to hear.
Originally Posted by anandrg
Looks like SFO requals are still delayed per usual. My guess this year is that around $40K UA metal spend with a >40 cpm should be enough for SFO based on news reports about biz travel still being down in the Bay Area. We FTers generally tend to overestimate the threshold needed for requal since we are such a self-selected group even among GS.
uanj, ContinentalFan and AugustusM like this.
anandrg is offline  
Old Jan 4, 2024, 8:32 am
  #229  
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: IAH/EWR-LGA/MIA
Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat, BA Gold
Posts: 2,572
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
I’d be surprised if you don’t requalify for GS. When you get the news, please let us know!
Status changed today to GS -- woot!
st530 is offline  
Old Jan 4, 2024, 8:38 am
  #230  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Programs: AA
Posts: 14,920
Originally Posted by eightblack
I will now walk around in my underwear every morning, yelling "Its Good To Be The King" just to annoy my kids
I thought you already did that.
uanj likes this.
wrp96 is offline  
Old Jan 4, 2024, 8:40 am
  #231  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Posts: 1,853
Originally Posted by tomtaylor23
Mine updated also. 52K net with 54PQP.

Looks like a lot more invites have been sent out this year, than last.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35774748-post118.html

GS agent in Denver told me in Nov that they are preparing for a "significant increase in GS members". Doesn't bode well for any GS member should that be accurate.
ContinentalFan likes this.
limey1K is offline  
Old Jan 4, 2024, 9:05 am
  #232  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: SFO/LIS
Programs: UA 1MM GS, Delta Skymiles Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 146
Originally Posted by anandrg
I just saw my welcome to GS notice for 2024. I had a PQP of 46122 on UA metal last year. I have updated the spreadsheet. Let's see if my prediction below from a couple of weeks ago holds true. Good luck to all still waiting to hear.
Also SFO here: As I said earlier, 67k PQD, 66k UA metal, 55ish segments, requal: no change for me, all still check back on Jan 12 and no card update, still 1/2024. Pretty disappointing that this is dragging on tbh.
SFGiants likes this.
rieuwa is offline  
Old Jan 4, 2024, 9:26 am
  #233  
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Posts: 2
Relatively new to FT. Just checked my status and I see it has changed to GS , WOW!. I have been a 1 K out of BOS for over 20 years and am a 2MM . Had GS many years ago, one time. Heavy bus travel, nearly all on United last year; ended up with 56K PQP UA metal, 60 segments, less the bonuses, aeard tix and a couple of Star alliance partners. 8 international trips across P, Z, C and D. All domestic were in UA F, quite a few with DoD paid upgrades. Have over 900 Plus Points, but never able to use them as flights are always full.
wxguy and uanj like this.
egeoff is offline  
Old Jan 4, 2024, 9:29 am
  #234  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Posts: 1,853
Originally Posted by anandrg
I just saw my welcome to GS notice for 2024. I had a PQP of 46122 on UA metal last year. I have updated the spreadsheet. Let's see if my prediction below from a couple of weeks ago holds true. Good luck to all still waiting to hear.
$46K out of SFO seems much lower than past years so your hypothesis may very well be correct.
ContinentalFan and anandrg like this.
limey1K is offline  
Old Jan 4, 2024, 9:41 am
  #235  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SFO, OAK
Programs: UA GS 0.9MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 173
Originally Posted by rieuwa
Also SFO here: As I said earlier, 67k PQD, 66k UA metal, 55ish segments, requal: no change for me, all still check back on Jan 12 and no card update, still 1/2024. Pretty disappointing that this is dragging on tbh.
I am sorry to hear that. I would be shocked if you didn't get an invite at that spend level
anandrg is offline  
Old Jan 4, 2024, 9:58 am
  #236  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 30
Originally Posted by rieuwa
Also SFO here: As I said earlier, 67k PQD, 66k UA metal, 55ish segments, requal: no change for me, all still check back on Jan 12 and no card update, still 1/2024. Pretty disappointing that this is dragging on tbh.

same here

SFO as well

58.8k PQP
67 PQfs
GS for 15 years
2mm miler

quite surprised that I haven’t made it as yet. Something doesn’t add up
SFGiants is offline  
Old Jan 4, 2024, 11:07 am
  #237  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 64
Originally Posted by egeoff
Relatively new to FT. Just checked my status and I see it has changed to GS , WOW!. I have been a 1 K out of BOS for over 20 years and am a 2MM . Had GS many years ago, one time. Heavy bus travel, nearly all on United last year; ended up with 56K PQP UA metal, 60 segments, less the bonuses, aeard tix and a couple of Star alliance partners. 8 international trips across P, Z, C and D. All domestic were in UA F, quite a few with DoD paid upgrades. Have over 900 Plus Points, but never able to use them as flights are always full.
almost the exact same profile, still showing 1K — BOS based, 56k PQP on 60 segments, and an additional $3k was lost due to a mechanical that resulted in a refunded trip in vain, which obviously doesn’t count but will kill me if that ends up being the difference, especially since we sat on that broken 752 for six hours before departing and then returning to the gate. Sigh.
PanAmOneTwo is offline  
Old Jan 4, 2024, 11:15 am
  #238  
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Posts: 2
Maybe its the 1K longevity or 2MM. Seems you should get it. Good luck!
egeoff is offline  
Old Jan 4, 2024, 11:26 am
  #239  
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Posts: 1
My app updated to GS yesterday evening after being 1k for the last two years. IAH based, 76k PQP (72k net), 50 segments, $0.72 CPM
uanj, ContinentalFan and kirkwoodj like this.
bryanfiji is offline  
Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:52 pm
  #240  
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Somewhere in EWR
Programs: UA GS, HH Diamond
Posts: 860
Originally Posted by PanAmOneTwo
almost the exact same profile, still showing 1K — BOS based, 56k PQP on 60 segments, and an additional $3k was lost due to a mechanical that resulted in a refunded trip in vain, which obviously doesn’t count but will kill me if that ends up being the difference, especially since we sat on that broken 752 for six hours before departing and then returning to the gate. Sigh.
I would be surprised if you don't get the invite.
AugustusM is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.