Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

*** 2024 GS Notification Thread*** (including first time qualifiers & challenges)

Old Dec 20, 2023, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: limey1K
2024 GS Qualification spreadsheet and new easy complete Form!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Please enter as much data as you have available for prior years too.

Option #2 is an easy to complete Form!!: https://forms.gle/kiy5m2f5cNCkAtEe9

Print Wikipost

*** 2024 GS Notification Thread*** (including first time qualifiers & challenges)

Old Jan 4, 2024, 6:33 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by wxguy
Interesting that new invitations are being done about a week earlier in the month of January than previous years. As we know, late January is a "GS heavy" period as there are both the new GS invitees as well as those whose terms are coming to an end. So this "GS heavy" period is now closer to four weeks than just over two weeks.
yes it will be a busy month. The flip side is that 2023 is done, so if we are going to get an invite based on our 2023 activity, no point in delaying it…
Old Jan 4, 2024, 7:39 am

Programs: UA GS 2.8MM, Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC, Global Entry
Just logged into the UA app .. updated to GS from 1K .. no other notification
62.7K PQP on UA metal, $0.42 UA CPM, IAD based, GS 2015-2020
Old Jan 4, 2024, 8:29 am

Programs: UA GS 0.9MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
I just saw my welcome to GS notice for 2024. I had a PQP of 46122 on UA metal last year. I have updated the spreadsheet. Let's see if my prediction below from a couple of weeks ago holds true. Good luck to all still waiting to hear.
Originally Posted by anandrg
Looks like SFO requals are still delayed per usual. My guess this year is that around $40K UA metal spend with a >40 cpm should be enough for SFO based on news reports about biz travel still being down in the Bay Area. We FTers generally tend to overestimate the threshold needed for requal since we are such a self-selected group even among GS.
uanj, ContinentalFan and AugustusM like this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 8:32 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
I’d be surprised if you don’t requalify for GS. When you get the news, please let us know!
Status changed today to GS -- woot!
Old Jan 4, 2024, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by eightblack
I will now walk around in my underwear every morning, yelling "Its Good To Be The King" just to annoy my kids
I thought you already did that.
uanj likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 8:40 am

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by tomtaylor23
Mine updated also. 52K net with 54PQP.

Looks like a lot more invites have been sent out this year, than last.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35774748-post118.html

GS agent in Denver told me in Nov that they are preparing for a "significant increase in GS members". Doesn't bode well for any GS member should that be accurate.
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 9:05 am

Programs: UA 1MM GS, Delta Skymiles Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
I just saw my welcome to GS notice for 2024. I had a PQP of 46122 on UA metal last year. I have updated the spreadsheet. Let's see if my prediction below from a couple of weeks ago holds true. Good luck to all still waiting to hear.
Also SFO here: As I said earlier, 67k PQD, 66k UA metal, 55ish segments, requal: no change for me, all still check back on Jan 12 and no card update, still 1/2024. Pretty disappointing that this is dragging on tbh.
SFGiants likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 9:26 am

Relatively new to FT. Just checked my status and I see it has changed to GS , WOW!. I have been a 1 K out of BOS for over 20 years and am a 2MM . Had GS many years ago, one time. Heavy bus travel, nearly all on United last year; ended up with 56K PQP UA metal, 60 segments, less the bonuses, aeard tix and a couple of Star alliance partners. 8 international trips across P, Z, C and D. All domestic were in UA F, quite a few with DoD paid upgrades. Have over 900 Plus Points, but never able to use them as flights are always full.
wxguy and uanj like this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 9:29 am

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
$46K out of SFO seems much lower than past years so your hypothesis may very well be correct.
ContinentalFan and anandrg like this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 9:41 am

Programs: UA GS 0.9MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rieuwa
Also SFO here: As I said earlier, 67k PQD, 66k UA metal, 55ish segments, requal: no change for me, all still check back on Jan 12 and no card update, still 1/2024. Pretty disappointing that this is dragging on tbh.
I am sorry to hear that. I would be shocked if you didn't get an invite at that spend level
Old Jan 4, 2024, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by rieuwa

same here

SFO as well

58.8k PQP
67 PQfs
GS for 15 years
2mm miler

quite surprised that I haven’t made it as yet. Something doesn’t add up
Old Jan 4, 2024, 11:07 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by egeoff
Relatively new to FT. Just checked my status and I see it has changed to GS , WOW!. I have been a 1 K out of BOS for over 20 years and am a 2MM . Had GS many years ago, one time. Heavy bus travel, nearly all on United last year; ended up with 56K PQP UA metal, 60 segments, less the bonuses, aeard tix and a couple of Star alliance partners. 8 international trips across P, Z, C and D. All domestic were in UA F, quite a few with DoD paid upgrades. Have over 900 Plus Points, but never able to use them as flights are always full.
almost the exact same profile, still showing 1K — BOS based, 56k PQP on 60 segments, and an additional $3k was lost due to a mechanical that resulted in a refunded trip in vain, which obviously doesn’t count but will kill me if that ends up being the difference, especially since we sat on that broken 752 for six hours before departing and then returning to the gate. Sigh.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 11:15 am

Maybe its the 1K longevity or 2MM. Seems you should get it. Good luck!
Old Jan 4, 2024, 11:26 am

My app updated to GS yesterday evening after being 1k for the last two years. IAH based, 76k PQP (72k net), 50 segments, $0.72 CPM
uanj, ContinentalFan and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA GS, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PanAmOneTwo
almost the exact same profile, still showing 1K — BOS based, 56k PQP on 60 segments, and an additional $3k was lost due to a mechanical that resulted in a refunded trip in vain, which obviously doesn’t count but will kill me if that ends up being the difference, especially since we sat on that broken 752 for six hours before departing and then returning to the gate. Sigh.
I would be surprised if you don't get the invite.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.