Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

*** 2024 GS Notification Thread*** (including first time qualifiers & challenges)

Old Dec 20, 2023, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: limey1K
2024 GS Qualification spreadsheet and new easy complete Form!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Please enter as much data as you have available for prior years too.

Option #2 is an easy to complete Form!!: https://forms.gle/kiy5m2f5cNCkAtEe9

Print Wikipost

*** 2024 GS Notification Thread*** (including first time qualifiers & challenges)

Old Dec 23, 2023, 9:45 am

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by melaflyer
Curious if most of you that are in the .50 and higher are booking refundable J fares? We book. Mostly C and D fares and come out with .20 cpm.
I book mainly Z and P fares with a smattering of C and D mixed in. I just bought a Z ticket DEN-MEL which is 17,400 miles and I paid $12K. Works out to about 68cpm. DEN-MAD is about 11,00 RT and that ticket in D was $9800.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 12:28 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K Delta Silver Medallion Marriott Ambassador Wyndham Diamond Natl Exec Elite
Don't mind me - sitting here reading results of something I will never achieve. I can't get much over 30k PQP, so I live through you all
Old Dec 23, 2023, 1:35 pm

SFO based with 86k PQP for 2023. Waiting for January 12 to see if I have GS for 2024. This year was my first year to make GS with 67k PQP. 14 years of 1k before that with 45k spent most years. 2.1MM as well.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 2:30 pm

Programs: UA GS; Former Alaska MVPG75/DL Diamond/NW Platinum/BA Gold
It’s been several years since I followed this closely (and I was kind of surprised to retain GS last year at just 36k).

My recollection of past threads was that just two criteria apply:
  1. Spend on United metal for the past three years
  2. Different thresholds by home airport

Nothing about CPM/profitability, just total sustained spend. If that’s wrong and the state of knowledge has improved since 2017-2018, maybe all this CPM talk is accurate now.

Since I’ve only slightly increased my spend this year, I suspect I will fall short despite a favorable home airport (RDU) and possibly some unknown help via association with my employer. But the only reason I think I might have a small chance is because my 2021 spend was probably higher than most. Then again, the now dropped off heavy spend from first two months of 2020 might have been the real reason I retained GS last year.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 12:09 am

Programs: United Global Services
Originally Posted by Manoa Chris
Itís been several years since I followed this closely (and I was kind of surprised to retain GS last year at just 36k). (snip)........
Don't be surprised - I'm not. 🙂 No offense to anyone but I'm amused by the requalification thread every year! All this postulating about the threshold for qualification/requalification, etc., etc., is amusing Internet fodder. Unless you work (or worked) at United and is/was part of the GS selection team, we have no idea what criteria they use for each individual. Given the current GS product, does anyone really care? I like United, I'm glad to be GS (thank you, United), but I spend zero energy on requalifying for a product that isn't what it used to be in the past. In the last several years, I've flown across several different airlines because the product is the same across all American-based airlines: slightly better than traveling by Greyhound. But then, I'm likely a burned out frequent flyer. 🙂 I'm happy with an aisle seat anywhere on the airplane! In the current GS environment, the only perk I like and appreciate is boarding the flight before the hordes of the entitled/demanding 1K flyers! 😉 and families with children under 2 yrs. of age. In the last 7 yrs, I've experienced the Mercedes transport vehicle at EWR (while doing a tight connection to Europe) once. I always ask: What, exactly, is the advantage of GS (other than boarding before everyone else)?? Rhetorical question; no response needed. 🙃

In the last 7 yrs. (GS since 2004) my spend has not been spectacular and I've retained GS. In a "good" year, $38K maximum. In a "bad" year (not 2020), the maximum was $29K. Note that none of the companies I worked for were part of the PassPlus program so that was never a factor. And every year, I've been notified in Jan of my GS status.
SD-Flyer, Solyesh, WVmike and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 27, 2023, 10:54 am

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
There were about 10 entries deleted from the tracking spreadsheet, probably due to user error. Would using the fill-in form linked below be easier if the results were then shared in a read-only doc?

https://forms.gle/t43TKeBySNhFokYP8

Last edited by limey1K; Dec 28, 2023 at 10:56 am
Old Dec 31, 2023, 8:19 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat, BA Gold
Ended the year with about 55K PQP and CPM of 52. Will be pretty bummed/annoyed if I don't requal, especially after 70K and 90K PQP in the prior two years, respectively, when I had colleagues requalifying with PQP as low as 25K (in 2022 -- I think everyone got the COVID extension after 2021 regardless of PQP).
Old Jan 1, 2024, 7:07 am

Programs: UA GS & MM, *G, Hyatt Globalist
Looks like mystatus.united.com is down today. Maybe some more notices will go out.

Happy New Year & Good luck.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 7:09 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA GS; Marriott Titanium / LT Plat
Yep!
Old Jan 1, 2024, 8:23 am

Apologies if this has been asked and answered before. Does UA determine your "Home" airport by your address on the account or the airport you travel most out of?

tx
Old Jan 1, 2024, 11:28 am

Programs: UA GS; Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by dcjetsetter
Looks like mystatus.united.com is down today. Maybe some more notices will go out.

Happy New Year & Good luck.
itís back up
Old Jan 1, 2024, 11:42 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by bhupinde
Apologies if this has been asked and answered before. Does UA determine your "Home" airport by your address on the account or the airport you travel most out of?

tx
some decent evidence they figure it out based on where your trips tend to start and end. Changing address in the system doesnít seem to have an impact
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 10:47 pm

Busy December?

Thoughts on prospects for existing GSís that had busy Decembers with spend pushing them over $50k United metal PQP after the first round of GS invites went out earlier in December?
Old Jan 1, 2024, 11:26 pm
Moderator: Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by flyinghigh75
Thoughts on prospects for existing GSís that had busy Decembers with spend pushing them over $50k United metal PQP after the first round of GS invites went out earlier in December?
If the past data means anything, then would we not expect UA to send out new invites and renewals sometime around Jan 11/12?
Old Jan 2, 2024, 11:09 am

Has anyone seen if GS invites have gone out for newly qualifying members yet?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.