Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

*** 2024 GS Notification Thread*** (including first time qualifiers & challenges)

Old Dec 20, 2023, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: limey1K
2024 GS Qualification spreadsheet and new easy complete Form!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Please enter as much data as you have available for prior years too.

Option #2 is an easy to complete Form!!: https://forms.gle/kiy5m2f5cNCkAtEe9

Print Wikipost

*** 2024 GS Notification Thread*** (including first time qualifiers & challenges)

Old Dec 17, 2023, 7:17 pm

Programs: United GS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
For SFO based GS who are at 50k+ PQP but haven't received requal yet, are you under a corporate PassPlus program?

I wonder if UA holds off on some GS requals in busy hubs (i.e., SFO) who spend under a corporate PassPlus program. UA is currently renewing and negotiating 2024 prepaid contracts with corporates.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 1:51 am

Originally Posted by jac266
For SFO based GS who are at 50k+ PQP but haven't received requal yet, are you under a corporate PassPlus program?

I wonder if UA holds off on some GS requals in busy hubs (i.e., SFO) who spend under a corporate PassPlus program. UA is currently renewing and negotiating 2024 prepaid contracts with corporates.
am in SFO and am over 50K+, but not under a PassPlus program

Last edited by SFGiants; Dec 18, 2023 at 2:38 am
Old Dec 19, 2023, 1:06 pm

Was $42k last year, not invited. Colleagues I traveled with received invite at 38k and 45k so that was strange. Iím at $49k this year, all UA metal, most of that spend in international business. Have $10k already booked in January. Think Iíll make it this year, hearing about higher requirements for new?? Will be super frustrating if not. I went out of my way to United instead of ANA or something better.
Old Dec 19, 2023, 1:29 pm
Moderator: Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by JCrew7384
Was $42k last year, not invited. Colleagues I traveled with received invite at 38k and 45k so that was strange. Iím at $49k this year, all UA metal, most of that spend in international business. Have $10k already booked in January. Think Iíll make it this year, hearing about higher requirements for new?? Will be super frustrating if not. I went out of my way to United instead of ANA or something better.
I'm not GS so cant weigh in with any real data points, but from everything I've read its not so much about spend versus profitability. How many segments did you fly? How many segments did your colleagues fly? Thats probably a better indicator. I wouldn't worry about the higher numbers next year, its all purely speculative. What is already known is that GS via the PassPlus channel will require $75K spend. No one knows for sure what everyone else will require.
Old Dec 20, 2023, 9:06 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum
Requalified for 11th consecutive year.
EWR based
67,579 PQP; I would say around 60,000 are on United metal
1.8MM
Old Dec 20, 2023, 10:09 am

Programs: Mileage Plus (GS)
Soft Landings?

Husband has been GS for 11 years, and because he is a Million Miler, I've enjoyed that status, too. Retirement and two heart surgeries kept him from traveling this year except for a few domestic flights. What have past experiences been in terms of a soft landing to 1K, or should we expect Gold?
Old Dec 20, 2023, 11:45 am

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Lee6666
Husband has been GS for 11 years, and because he is a Million Miler, I've enjoyed that status, too. Retirement and two heart surgeries kept him from traveling this year except for a few domestic flights. What have past experiences been in terms of a soft landing to 1K, or should we expect Gold?
You can certainly expect a soft landing to 1K, with PlusPoints, based on prior years. I will say that in 2019 one of my colleagues had open heart surgery, and in the January review cycle sent a message to MileagePlus to explain the situation as his travel had bounced back in the second half of the year, but not enough to hit the numbers. They recognized the bounce back pattern and asked for evidence, and subsequently extended the GS status for the following year. No idea if this is the norm, but it is good to know might be compassion.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 5:25 am

Programs: United
GS after demotion to 1K last year?

Was GS for about 5 years prior to Covid. Really no business travel at all during Covid and lost GS for 2023. This year one early in year business flight to London and now 3 business flights to EU/UK and 2 business flights to Asia in last 4 months. Will likely have an additional flight to EU in early January. All flights from SFO. 46K PQP but that will go up to about 49k once I fly home from EU tomorrow. Looks like I wonít hear until January as I am not GS this year. Do you think I will qualify in January with evidence of bounce back at end of year (5 international business class trips)? I donít know how to calculate CPM.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 6:28 am

Programs: UA GS, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Lstyles
Was GS for about 5 years prior to Covid. Really no business travel at all during Covid and lost GS for 2023. This year one early in year business flight to London and now 3 business flights to EU/UK and 2 business flights to Asia in last 4 months. Will likely have an additional flight to EU in early January. All flights from SFO. 46K PQP but that will go up to about 49k once I fly home from EU tomorrow. Looks like I wonít hear until January as I am not GS this year. Do you think I will qualify in January with evidence of bounce back at end of year (5 international business class trips)? I donít know how to calculate CPM.
What airport are you out of?

CPM is PQP/BIS (Butt In Seat Miles/AKA miles flown on United metal).
ryman554 likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 8:08 am

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Make sure to remove any non-United metal PQP plus an award travel, start and credit card PQP from your total.
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 9:09 am

Programs: UA GS, UA MM, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Uber Platinum :)
Originally Posted by Lee6666
As a MM you're already lifetime gold... (or at least your husband is, and by default with the MM companion you are too!). In the past soft landings have resulted in 1K -> I've not read reports of this yet so far for 2024 (expect to hear in January).
Old Dec 21, 2023, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by AugustusM
What airport are you out of?

CPM is PQP/BIS (Butt In Seat Miles/AKA miles flown on United metal).
I am out of SFO. All flights are on United. CPM=approx 0.75.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by limey1K
Make sure to remove any non-United metal PQP plus an award travel, start and credit card PQP from your total.
All United. Didnít include award travel (and donít have a United CC) in my CPM. Will have to look if I got any starting PQP at beginning of year. CPM still looking like it wonít go below 0.67.
ContinentalFan and limey1K like this.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 6:21 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
..... Will likely have an additional flight to EU in early January. ...
Flights booked for 2024 will not count in this year's qualification

I am out of SFO. All flights are on United. CPM=approx 0.75.
As CPM is cents per mile, likely you mean CPM=75
Old Dec 23, 2023, 8:39 am

Curious if most of you that are in the .50 and higher are booking refundable J fares? We book. Mostly C and D fares and come out with .20 cpm.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.