Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

*** 2024 GS Notification Thread*** (including first time qualifiers & challenges)

Old Dec 20, 2023, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: limey1K
2024 GS Qualification spreadsheet and new easy complete Form!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Please enter as much data as you have available for prior years too.

Option #2 is an easy to complete Form!!: https://forms.gle/kiy5m2f5cNCkAtEe9

Print Wikipost

*** 2024 GS Notification Thread*** (including first time qualifiers & challenges)

Old Dec 14, 2023, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by bagspacked
I think you're better off going to the "change" screen and clicking first for the same flight you're on. I find it's often cheaper and it processes as a P or Z or what have you fare rather than an upgrade.
Bingo. Just did this two days ago for IAD-LHR this Saturday 16 Dec. I booked A and applied PPs. When checking the cash upgrade option, price was consistently 4600. When I didn't get the GS early renewal (I think I'm om the border), I went ahead and changed flight to the same flight for an upfare to P for 3300. So not only less money, but PQP. A no-brainer if ever there was one.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 8:07 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by st530
Bingo. Just did this two days ago for IAD-LHR this Saturday 16 Dec. I booked A and applied PPs. When checking the cash upgrade option, price was consistently 4600. When I didn't get the GS early renewal (I think I'm om the border), I went ahead and changed flight to the same flight for an upfare to P for 3300. So not only less money, but PQP. A no-brainer if ever there was one.
That's dedication to requalifying!!
SPN Lifer and st530 like this.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 9:41 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Originally Posted by HoyaSFOIAD
A fair point for sure. Travel policy changed this year such that most of my flights for work were booked economy then I paid myself to upgrade. Im worried that might be a ding against me, but over $70k spent is still over $70k spent.
not necessarily. Consensus seems to be that profitability counts, and they weigh premium and full fare economy heavily. We dont know what they use but cpm is likely a decent proxy.

wonder what they do with an economy fare and upgrade kicker.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 11:25 am

Programs: UA GS & MM, *G, Hyatt Globalist
It looks like the consensus on this board is that new invites will come in Jan and renewals happen in December. Does anyone know (based on history) when in Jan new invites come? I'm hoping to be one of them.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
dcjetsetter

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35809307-post32.html
mdb212 likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.2MM / UC / AS Gold 75K / Bonvoy Plat / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HoyaSFOIAD
Its more that if over $70k wasnt enough for the first tranche, when plenty of lower PQP numbers got there, then what the heck is the point? With my remaining future travel this year Delta and Alaska have better schedules and I have status on both. No sense stretching to give UA the extra dough.
Have you tallied up your CPM? Last year was my lowest-ever spend and I came in the December requal (as I always have), but a very high CPM. Now I am at $51,500 with a 47 CPM - respectable but down from my prior. Makes me think December is a crude "are you over $45k with a CPM > 50 or 60" examination.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA GS 0.9MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
Looks like SFO requals are still delayed per usual. My guess this year is that around $40K UA metal spend with a >40 cpm should be enough for SFO based on news reports about biz travel still being down in the Bay Area. We FTers generally tend to overestimate the threshold needed for requal since we are such a self-selected group even among GS.
SFGiants likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2023, 5:54 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA MM, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Uber Platinum :)
Originally Posted by CMHBIZTraveler
My Digital Card now shows Jan '25 as an expiration date. We will see, I am just over 53k spent for the year, with an Asian trip canceled in November.

And just now noticed that I got the welcome banner congratulating me for requlifying GS for 2024.
welcome to the C-bus GS club 😁
Old Dec 15, 2023, 7:29 pm

Programs: OnePass, HiltonHonors
Updated

Just today, 1/2025
Old Dec 15, 2023, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by anandrg
Looks like SFO requals are still delayed per usual. My guess this year is that around $40K UA metal spend with a >40 cpm should be enough for SFO based on news reports about biz travel still being down in the Bay Area. We FTers generally tend to overestimate the threshold needed for requal since we are such a self-selected group even among GS.

Hope to see SFO requalification data reported in this thread soon. So far, it appears none of the requalification has come in as low as $40K yet. Good luck!
anandrg likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM / Hilton Diamond / Bonvoy Gold / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by greenpau
Have you tallied up your CPM? Last year was my lowest-ever spend and I came in the December requal (as I always have), but a very high CPM. Now I am at $51,500 with a 47 CPM - respectable but down from my prior. Makes me think December is a crude "are you over $45k with a CPM > 50 or 60" examination.
Just did the calc. $0.51 CPM for my UA metal flights Not too shabby at all. Id put in a pre-Jan 12th request but that would be a little unhinged.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 6:17 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: UA GS 3MM, NH PLT
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Hope to see SFO requalification data reported in this thread soon. So far, it appears none of the requalification has come in as low as $40K yet. Good luck!
SFO based. 51,663 UA metal PQP (flight $ only.) 29 segments, $0.57 CPM.

Requalified... just checked the app and it shows that I'm GS through Jan. '25.
UA_Flyer and rieuwa like this.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 10:58 pm

Programs: UA 1MM GS, Delta Skymiles Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KI-NRT
SFO based. 51,663 UA metal PQP (flight $ only.) 29 segments, $0.57 CPM.

Requalified... just checked the app and it shows that I'm GS through Jan. '25.
Wow. This gives me hope in SFO. 62k UA metal PQP (excluding bonus) now with about 15k of that accrued after what I presume was an end-of-november cut off....!
UA_Flyer, KI-NRT and WVmike like this.
Old Dec 17, 2023, 11:41 am

Contacting GS Mileage Plus

Does anyone know the email address where I can send in a request for the MP team to review my GS renewal, as I havent heard yet

SFO-based
GS for 15 years
2mm+ miler
52k PQPs and another 5500 coming in before year-end
Old Dec 17, 2023, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by SFGiants
Does anyone know the email address where I can send in a request for the MP team to review my GS renewal, as I havent heard yet

SFO-based
GS for 15 years
2mm+ miler
52k PQPs and another 5500 coming in before year-end
It may be too early to write in. On the mystatus webpage states UA will finish the review by Jan 12.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.