No boarding passes for 2nd leg?

Old Sep 9, 2023, 4:46 am
Original Poster

No boarding passes for 2nd leg?

Going via United to Crete. I checked us in online via the United app after scanning our passports and am now what they call "travel ready" which allows me to go straight to baggage drop. The only issue is it only gave me mobile boarding passes for IAD-MUC. Where are the passes for MUC-HER? I booked the whole trip on United and the 2nd leg is operated by Lufthansa. When do I get the boarding passes? Thanks. I'm a bit nervous - first flight since covid.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 5:18 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Thats unusual. Usually it will check you all the way through and give you your Lufthansa boarding pass, too. You may need to see an agent at the airport.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 6:49 am

Programs: UA:1K 0.81M
Originally Posted by gensuki
Going via United to Crete. I checked us in online via the United app after scanning our passports and am now what they call "travel ready" which allows me to go straight to baggage drop. The only issue is it only gave me mobile boarding passes for IAD-MUC. Where are the passes for MUC-HER? I booked the whole trip on United and the 2nd leg is operated by Lufthansa. When do I get the boarding passes? Thanks. I'm a bit nervous - first flight since covid.
Wouldn't MUC-HER be on a different airline (Lufthansa, Eurowings, or Aegean)? The kiosk/ticket agent at the origin airport should kick out the second BP, but if you have the app for the operating airline, you might be able to use it to get the second BP. (There should be a second PNR for the MUC-HER flight).
Old Sep 9, 2023, 7:22 am

Programs: UA 1k
That's fairly normal that on an LH codeshare only the UA metal boarding passes show up in the app. Just get them printed at the airport or download the LH app
gensuki likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by Hilmar Lehnert
That's fairly normal that on an LH codeshare only the UA metal boarding passes show up in the app. Just get them printed at the airport or download the LH app
Agree - most of the time the BP will appear in the UA app (swipe to the right) but, when not, the LH app comes to the rescue. Best to sort it out stateside as you could end up being short on time in MUC.
gensuki likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 7:37 am

Programs: United GS, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz PC
I've had this happen. Flying EWR-FRA-ZRH, with the second leg on LH metal, and I could only get the boarding pass for the United leg on the app. The LH app couldn't produce the boarding pass either. Then at the UA EWR checkin counter they somehow couldn't make it happen. Called GS, couldn't help. The agent at the Polaris lounge couldn't either. They all expressed confusion but also seemed sure that I'd be able to easily get the FRA-ZRH BP in FRA. I thought about heading to Terminal B to try the LH counter but decided not to go back and forth through security again. I just somewhat nervously decided to see if the agents were right.

It turned out it was super easy to get my LH BP in FRA. Right when I got to the concourse for the FRA-ZRH leg, there was a LH service desk whose primary purpose seemed to be to hand out BPs to pax like me. There were a dozen or so people in line ahead of me but they were moving fast. It was probably a three minute experience.

I would hope it's a similar experience in MUC.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 8:43 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
If you have the Lufthansa app, you may also be able to get the Lufthansa boarding pass after your IAD-FRA flight coupon has been lifted and the plane has pushed back.
Old Sep 9, 2023, 10:48 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by sannmann
If you have the Lufthansa app, you may also be able to get the Lufthansa boarding pass after your IAD-FRA flight coupon has been lifted and the plane has pushed back.
This has been my experience as well -- both ways in fact. I used to fly in and out of Slovenia a lot and until my flight from GRZ to FRA was scanned I couldn't get my UA BP for FRA - EWR. Once it scanned it would magically appeared in the app... First time it happened I was nervous but it always worked out.

This happens quite a bit with different airlines -- when I would connect in LHR from UA to GF I was NEVER able to get a BP in advance -- I would always have to go to the transit desk post security and then they would print.... Frustrating but common these days....
SPN Lifer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.