Azul (AD) award experiences

Old Aug 7, 2023, 10:08 am
  #76  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 286
No longer able to book award tickets from IAD to Belo Horizonte (CNF) thriugh GRU

I have booked award tickets IAD-CNF going trough GRU multiple times in the past. The IAD-GRU flight was operated by United and the GRU-CNF was operated by Azul. The last few days I can only get flights IAD-PTY-CNF operated by Copa or IAD-BOG-CNF operated by Avianca, absolutly nothing operated by United. I can get awards tickets IAD-GRU operated by United including direct flights and flights going through IAH, EWR or ORD but not to CNF. I have read that United and Azul expanded their code-share partnership earlier this year so this does not make any sense to me. Did they terminate their award partnership?
NotSoFrequentTraveler is offline  
Old Aug 13, 2023, 2:09 am
  #77  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Posts: 2,867
I got an email from UA that my flights have changed. I now have the desired MAO-VCP-CGB-AFL schedule I wanted!

It seems the flight from PVH to CGB was changed from 04:30 am to mid afternoon which caused a misconnect so they rerouted me. But a random check of Azul schedules as award flights still shows no availability for award flights even on common routes like BSB-VCP, BSB-CGB, MAO-VCP on random dates.

The mechanics are a bit strange. Usually there is a button to click on to accept the new flights but no such thing. I will definitely need it to be re-ticketed because it's completely different flights. Will this happen automatically or do I have to chase them?
Tiki is offline  
Old Aug 15, 2023, 6:40 am
  #78  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 286
I called United about the Azul connections not showing for award flights. Iwas told that it is a technical problem on the Azul side and that until Azul fixes it there is nothing United can do to book an award ticket connecting with Azul.
nutsbr likes this.
NotSoFrequentTraveler is offline  
Old Aug 15, 2023, 8:24 pm
  #79  
Moderator: United Airlines
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SFO
Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Posts: 67,621
Originally Posted by NotSoFrequentTraveler
... Iwas told that it is a technical problem on the Azul side and that until Azul fixes it there is nothing United can do to book an award ticket connecting with Azul.
While that may be true, it is unlikely the typical phone agent really has a clue about the situation and a common retort by agents is to blame the partner carrier.
WineCountryUA is offline  
Old Aug 15, 2023, 10:27 pm
  #80  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Posts: 2,867
Originally Posted by Tiki
I got an email from UA that my flights have changed. I now have the desired MAO-VCP-CGB-AFL schedule I wanted!

It seems the flight from PVH to CGB was changed from 04:30 am to mid afternoon which caused a misconnect so they rerouted me. But a random check of Azul schedules as award flights still shows no availability for award flights even on common routes like BSB-VCP, BSB-CGB, MAO-VCP on random dates.

The mechanics are a bit strange. Usually there is a button to click on to accept the new flights but no such thing. I will definitely need it to be re-ticketed because it's completely different flights. Will this happen automatically or do I have to chase them?
To answer my own question, it WAS reticketed the same day. UA just didn't send an email with the new ticket number and the "My Trips" still shows the original ticketing date making it look like it had not been reticketed. I called and they sent an email which showed the new ticket number and the old was was an "issued in exchange for".
Tiki is offline  
Old Aug 20, 2023, 9:09 am
  #81  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: BER
Programs: IB Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, NH Titanium
Posts: 85
I was looking for a while for a flight from FEN to EWR for a while, with good availability. When the plans firmed up for before Christmas, I went to booking and can't see any Azul availability on MP. One news portal and one FF blog in Brazil are reporting an official statement from Azul with the following:

O TudoAzul, programa de fidelidade da Azul, informa que, devido a uma intercorrência em seu sistema, alguns Clientes poderão encontrar dificuldade em emitir bilhetes utilizando milhas do programa Mileage Plus, da United Airlines. O programa de fidelidade da Azul já está trabalhando na normalização da plataforma e ressalta que a intercorrência em nada a afeta a boa relação que mantém com a parceira.
TudoAzul, Azul's loyalty program, informs that, due to an intercurrence in its system, some Customers may find it difficult to issue tickets using miles from the Mileage Plus program, of United Airlines. Azul's loyalty program is already working on normalizing the platform and points out that the incident in no way affects the good relationship it has with the partner.
First time it was reported on Panrotas was on July 28th. It is already almost a month and it hasn't been fixed.
nutsbr is offline  
Old Aug 22, 2023, 1:07 pm
  #82  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 286
Originally Posted by nutsbr
I was looking for a while for a flight from FEN to EWR for a while, with good availability. When the plans firmed up for before Christmas, I went to booking and can't see any Azul availability on MP. One news portal and one FF blog in Brazil are reporting an official statement from Azul with the following:


First time it was reported on Panrotas was on July 28th. It is already almost a month and it hasn't been fixed.
Thank you for the information. I wish they could fix the problem in the next couple of days. We had to get to Belo Horizonte with 10 days notice and because of this problem had to buy a pretty pricey ticket from GRU to CNF (we are flying IAD-GRU with United miles).
NotSoFrequentTraveler is offline  
Old Aug 23, 2023, 7:13 am
  #83  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 286
Looks like the problem is fixed. Unfortunately there is no availability for my flight to CNF tomorrow but there is availability on the way back.
NotSoFrequentTraveler is offline  
Old Mar 24, 2024, 8:19 am
  #84  
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: San Francisco
Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
Posts: 2,783
A note based on some random searches that United seems to have devaluated these redemptions with Azul.

Up until recently, I could pretty reliably book flights out of São Paulo at 8,800 or 9,600 miles one way for domestic flights in Brazil. The floor now seems to be 13,800 in most cases.
SPN Lifer likes this.
snorkmaster is offline  
Old Jun 13, 2024, 2:11 pm
  #85  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: PDX/SJC (formerly CHI and STL)
Programs: AS, DL, AA, UA, WN
Posts: 1,022
I've been investigating MAO-FLL on Azul, any advice on Azul tickets (using UA award) between South and North America? Are these available online or am I better off calling? Does Azul have blackout dates for UA awards?
steex is offline  
Old Jun 14, 2024, 3:20 am
  #86  
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia and Vitoria, ES Brazil
Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
Posts: 1,417
Originally Posted by steex
I've been investigating MAO-FLL on Azul, any advice on Azul tickets (using UA award) between South and North America? Are these available online or am I better off calling? Does Azul have blackout dates for UA awards?
It used to be that on the UA web site you could find award tickets on Azul for any day for Azul domestic flights. Then recently it went to finding almost nothing. Lately it has improved, but you won't find award tickets for every day. It may also depend on where you are flying from and to. Note, as mentioned, when I have gotten Azul award flights with UA miles, they have been domestic. Probably best to call and if you don't like the initial reply HUCA. Good luck.
qfrodo is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.