FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   United App shows "deplaned" - for flight tomorrow? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/2120650-united-app-shows-deplaned-flight-tomorrow.html)

BThumme May 3, 2023 11:21 am

United App shows "deplaned" - for flight tomorrow?

I got a corporate travel email saying I was downgraded on a flight tomorrow (I was in economy, used PP, but never got a confirmed upgrade).

Anyways opened my app to check in for my flight, and it says "Deplaned". I was freaking out that maybe I booked it for the wrong day (I didn't) - my flight is tomorrow. But I can't check in on the app so placing a call to united right now to see what's going on. Any idea?

I've never seen this.

EDIT: 1K desk was able to get me checked in. I have a boarding pass. My app still says "Deplaned" for tomorrow. My coworker is on the same flight and his just says "go to gate"

lincolnjkc May 3, 2023 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by BThumme (Post 35221263)
I got a corporate travel email saying I was downgraded on a flight tomorrow (I was in economy, used PP, but never got a confirmed upgrade).

Anyways opened my app to check in for my flight, and it says "Deplaned". I was freaking out that maybe I booked it for the wrong day (I didn't) - my flight is tomorrow. But I can't check in on the app so placing a call to united right now to see what's going on. Any idea?

I've never seen this.

EDIT: 1K desk was able to get me checked in. I have a boarding pass. My app still says "Deplaned" for tomorrow. My coworker is on the same flight and his just says "go to gate"

I've not seen that but I wonder if someone was doing some testing/training in production (instead of training mode) and randomly picked you to scan onto a flight then deplane you. (Or they realized they were touching a love flight and did the human equivalent of Ctrl+Z)

Though disturbing, I'd consider it a badge of honor: I've had my BPs made the gunea pig for testing, e.g. when one UA club was testing pre-pandemic reopening mine was the first BP scanned for the club -- have it signed and hanging in my office because I'm a nerd -- didn't find out until about a week later when the club *actually* opened

BThumme May 5, 2023 8:02 am

Just wanted to follow up on the outcome in case anyone runs into this in the future again.

I sent a DM to united on twitter with an image and they said they've never seen it, but reservation looked fine.

Same experience at the gate - I didn't want a surprise as I was going to board so showed the gate agents, they printed off my boarding passes and said everything looked good, and then once I boarded my UA homepage on the APP switched from Deplaned to "On Board", and everything returned to normal.

So I'll just have to agree with what lincolnjkc mentioned above. I know there was another thread a couple days ago about the ability to uncheck from a flight becoming more prominent, maybe this was tangentially related to someone testing. But everything ended up fine.

Maybe there will be a new feature where if you board a flight, then return to the gate or something like that and o have to get off the plane, the status could show "deplaned".

fumje May 5, 2023 8:26 am

Originally Posted by lincolnjkc (Post 35221868)
I've not seen that but I wonder if someone was doing some testing/training in production (instead of training mode) and randomly picked you to scan onto a flight then deplane you. (Or they realized they were touching a love flight and did the human equivalent of Ctrl+Z)

Though disturbing, I'd consider it a badge of honor: I've had my BPs made the gunea pig for testing, e.g. when one UA club was testing pre-pandemic reopening mine was the first BP scanned for the club -- have it signed and hanging in my office because I'm a nerd -- didn't find out until about a week later when the club *actually* opened

What were they testing and what did they do with your BP? And what led you to find something out a week later? Hope I'm not failing to interpret something correctly here — just curious what happened.

Maxwell Smart May 5, 2023 8:39 am

Perhaps UA mistakenly thought your itinerary included Fantasy Island.

HawaiiDave May 5, 2023 8:40 am

Egencia, by chance?

BThumme May 5, 2023 9:36 am

Originally Posted by HawaiiDave (Post 35226292)
Egencia, by chance?

AMEX GBT through concur, if that was direct to me.

lincolnjkc May 5, 2023 9:47 am

Originally Posted by fumje (Post 35226256)
What were they testing and what did they do with your BP? And what led you to find something out a week later? Hope I'm not failing to interpret something correctly here — just curious what happened.

I believe they needed to make sure that the readers, etc. were properly working after their long hibernation. so they wanted a live BP that they knew had a lounge access entitlement to make sure that on opening day there were no issues getting people into the club, etc. Since I was both traveling that day and have a UC membership I was a logical pick.

I only found out about it because it it was mentioned when that boarding pass was given back to me with a notation :) -- I suppose enough people know that I'm an airline nerd that & this would make me happy that they were kind enough to keep the test BP around and make sure it got back to me. (And also, of course, that I don't mind being a part of testing even if I can't physically be there for the test)

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...83f978b9f9.png

eng3 May 5, 2023 10:04 am

I've seen "Deplaned" on the app. On Tuesday, my flight was delayed 2hrs. This was when I was waiting to board a flight so I assume it was indicating the arriving flight has deplaned.

fumje May 5, 2023 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by lincolnjkc (Post 35226499)
I believe they needed to make sure that the readers, etc. were properly working after their long hibernation. so they wanted a live BP that they knew had a lounge access entitlement to make sure that on opening day there were no issues getting people into the club, etc. Since I was both traveling that day and have a UC membership I was a logical pick.

I only found out about it because it it was mentioned when that boarding pass was given back to me with a notation :) -- I suppose enough people know that I'm an airline nerd that & this would make me happy that they were kind enough to keep the test BP around and make sure it got back to me. (And also, of course, that I don't mind being a part of testing even if I can't physically be there for the test)

img

Ah I see, you weren't there for the testing. Fun way to be welcomed back, and neat artifact!

dmurphynj May 5, 2023 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by eng3 (Post 35226549)
I've seen "Deplaned" on the app. On Tuesday, my flight was delayed 2hrs. This was when I was waiting to board a flight so I assume it was indicating the arriving flight has deplaned.

I believe this is to support a new app feature.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...b704aba0b.jpeg