Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Travel Waiver: Newark Severe Weather (April 30, 2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2023, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K

Airports:
  • New York/Newark, NJ (EWR)
  • New York-Kennedy, NY (JFK)
  • New York-LaGuardia, NY (LGA)
  • White Plains, NY (HPN)​

Original ticket must have been purchased by: April 28, 2023

Flight changes/Rebook language:
  • The change fee and any difference in fare will be waived for United flights departing on or before May 5, 2023, as long as travel is rescheduled in the originally ticketed cabin (any fare class) and between the same cities as originally ticketed. View your reservation and select Change Flight to search for alternate flights.
Rebooking window: April 29, 2023 - May 5, 2023

Waiver (normal folks - posted): https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/fly/travel/notices.html#waiver1

Jetstream Waiver (posted): https://jetstream.united.com/#/all-travel-waiver

David
Old Apr 30, 2023, 2:22 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Wish me luck !

narvik likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
I just opened up FR24 app, and your flight is #1 for takeoff. What coincidence - safe travels!

I really wish this waiver went into effect before my flight yesterday ex-EWR. Yesterday had similar condition as today.
seanp7 likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Thread title should be "New York/Newark" at least if not "New York". While United wants to convince us all that Newark is part of New York (it most definitely is not), it has never tried to convince us that LGA/JFK/HPN are part of NJ or EWR.

I got out on the only afternoon IAD-LGA flight to operate today. Somehow got lucky as the Polaris lounge at IAD had to call to get me on standby as they couldn't do it and I cleared on the walk over to the "A" gates.

-RM
Old Apr 30, 2023, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Brutal weather all weekend in NYC metro area - low to no visibility (lots of low fog from what I can see) and moderate to heavy rain for good chunks of it.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 9:20 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM

From just before 9pm this evening. The NYC trifecta: thunderstorms, wind, and low ceilings.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
I just had the "pleasure" of driving from northeast Jersey (about 15 miles northwest of EWR) down to Philly. No fun at all and numerous accidents on the interstate!
drgreg and goodeats21 like this.
Old Apr 30, 2023, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Thread title should be "New York/Newark" at least if not "New York". While United wants to convince us all that Newark is part of New York (it most definitely is not), it has never tried to convince us that LGA/JFK/HPN are part of NJ or EWR.

I got out on the only afternoon IAD-LGA flight to operate today. Somehow got lucky as the Polaris lounge at IAD had to call to get me on standby as they couldn't do it and I cleared on the walk over to the "A" gates.

-RM
UA's title on its websites for this waiver is specifically: "Newark Severe Weather". In the past, they've had a few with "New York" somewhere in the name...

Travel Waiver: New York / Newark Severe Severe Weather (Sept 4, 2022-Sept 6, 2022)
Travel Waiver: New York City Winter Weather (February 13-14, 2021)
Travel Waiver: New York Severe Weather - May 23, 2019

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.