Wiki Posts
Search

"Undo Check-in" is now live

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2023, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 4+ MM
Smile "Undo Check-in" is now live

Just posted on Jetstream. Yay! And it works.

https://jetstream.united.com/#/sub-l...6000006V2vaEAC
Old Apr 26, 2023, 9:42 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Cool; I recall that function being there years ago but not always working correctly (often leading to a call in, as being checked in broke a lot of other things).
Old Apr 26, 2023, 11:42 am

This must've actually gone live earlier--I used exactly that button to undo check-in on a flight I took 3 weeks ago.
ual744777sta likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 1:31 pm

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold
why would you want or need to undo a check-in?
Old Apr 26, 2023, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mfirst
Upgrade.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 3:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL GOLD, IHG LIFE PLAT, BONVOY'ED GOLD
Originally Posted by mfirst
Change booking when SDC doesn't want to cooperate, or when you need to change destinations last minute, maybe the fare went down... had to do this on saturday, and the uncheck-in function worked, was able to change to a flight that same night
Old Apr 26, 2023, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by prometa
This must've actually gone live earlier--I used exactly that button to undo check-in on a flight I took 3 weeks ago.
I agree... I actually was able to undo check-in on the app somehow, but it was not straight forward. Think this was back in January? Couldn't remember how I even got to the option to do it. Then I was unable to find it again after that, so maybe just testing at that time?
Old Apr 26, 2023, 7:14 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Another amazing way that United.com is completely superior over any other U.S. airline website and/or app
Old Apr 26, 2023, 7:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by unitedbusiness
Another amazing way that United.com is completely superior over any other U.S. airline website and/or app
I wouldn't restrict that comparison to U.S. airlines. Non-U.S. airline sites and apps are on the whole pretty bad.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by itripreport
Change booking when SDC doesn't want to cooperate, or when you need to change destinations last minute, maybe the fare went down... had to do this on saturday, and the uncheck-in function worked, was able to change to a flight that same night
Couldn't you already do this? I thought when you went to make a change (or cancel) in the past, if you were checked in, it automatically unchecked you in so it could complete that step.
DJ_Iceman likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by mduell
Upgrade.

This was my same question. Cool!
Old Apr 27, 2023, 12:04 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Couldn't you already do this? I thought when you went to make a change (or cancel) in the past, if you were checked in, it automatically unchecked you in so it could complete that step.
Yeah... I've used this many times before... so what's new about it?
canadiancow and Xyzzy like this.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 1:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Yeah, I don't recall the state of being checked-in on a UA flight causing issues inhibiting SDC or change/cancel. In fact I don't recall there being a separate step to "undo check-in", at least as part of an SDC. It just happened when confirming the change.

I do remember it causing issues on other carriers like AA where being checked on a partially cleared upgrade caused all sorts of problems when only one segment that was part of an instrument upgrade cleared and they had problems re-ticketing when the other segment cleared at some point after I checked-in. But that's not too surprising since AAs IT is in shambles compared with UA.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 1:30 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There was a way to do this before in the app, it just wasn't straightforward in the menus.
bmwe92fan and GUWonder like this.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
And in all my UA ticketed flights I have never once had to uncheck in. I don't get the point of this either. SDC, upgrades, changing flights, etc. has never been an issue. *That* is where UA excels.

-RM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.