Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

18 April 2023 830am EDT announcement speculation of new UA routes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 18, 2023, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Announced 4/18/23

San Francisco – Christchurch, NZ*

Starting December 1, United will be the only airline to offer direct flights between the U.S. and New Zealand's South Island, with the first direct San Francisco-Christchurch service. United will fly this route three times weekly on a Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner. United's new flight to Christchurch is part of the airline's broader expansion efforts in New Zealand and next winter, the airline will be nearly 70% larger in New Zealand than in 2019.

Los Angeles – Auckland*

Next winter, United will build on its position as the largest U.S. airline to Auckland, adding four weekly flights from Los Angeles. United is the only U.S. carrier to serve Auckland year-round with its existing service from San Francisco. United will fly its Los Angeles-Auckland route on a Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner, starting October 28.

Los Angeles – Brisbane*

In winter 2022, United became the only airline to offer direct flights between Brisbane and San Francisco. On November 29, United will add to this service by adding three weekly Los Angles-Brisbane flights on a Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner – becoming the largest carrier between the U.S. and Brisbane.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2023, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: United GS, Starwood Platinum

Old Apr 17, 2023, 9:27 am

Programs: United 100K, Etihad Gold, Marriot Platinum, Hilton Gold
New Route Announcement: 4/18: 8:30

According to Instagram:

What are your picks? It seems like its a route we're already flying too. I'm going with ORD-Azores, and more flights to Central America from places not Houston. Would love a flight to Guyana or Suriname.

Old Apr 17, 2023, 9:28 am

Programs: UA/*A Gold, Global Entry, Marriott Plat, Hilton+IHG Gold, Hertz PC, DL
so do we start sending DMs to all those people and ask them what they requested?
drewguy likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 9:37 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by riphamilton
so do we start sending DMs to all those people and ask them what they requested?
I see at least a couple LAXes in there.
SS255 and Seeksreal like this.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 9:39 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Do you think they will add LAX-BKK?!?!?!!
😃
Old Apr 17, 2023, 9:49 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
The budget must have been cut for all those more-clever videos they have done in the past.

On topic, I also could see UA doing something like announcing a restart of a route as a ‘new’ route, like LAX-NRT. Same way they announced EWR-ARN as a new route, even though it was just a restart.
EWR764 likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 9:57 am

Programs: UA silver, Bonvoy silver
Originally Posted by steveo
According to Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/CrJCEH5v093/

What are your picks? It seems like its a route we're already flying too. I'm going with ORD-Azores, and more flights to Central America from places not Houston. Would love a flight to Guyana or Suriname.
Would ORD Azores also be on a 737, meaning no J, only O?
Old Apr 17, 2023, 9:59 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
One of the tweets references LAX-BNE.

Another account is active in Guatemala. https://twitter.com/waikgt?lang=en

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
On topic, I also could see UA doing something like announcing a restart of a route as a ‘new’ route, like LAX-NRT. Same way they announced EWR-ARN as a new route, even though it was just a restart.
One difference is that LAX-NRT never came off the permanent schedule. At least as of now, it's intended to be a seasonal suspension pending further improvement in the Japanese market. It's still available for sale for W23/24. ARN was an indefinite suspension when initially pulled down last year.
N830MH likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 11:27 am

Programs: UA 2P, HH Gold
BKK please
goodeats21 likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drewguy
I see at least a couple LAXes in there.
Given the timing it'd probably be launching in fall for the winter season, such as a Pacific route.
As much as I'd vouch for LAX-FRA, not expecting it.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 11:43 am

Programs: UA GS, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
maybe they finally secured permanent JFK slots?
DELee likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 11:43 am

Programs: UA
Shame no video this time
Old Apr 17, 2023, 11:45 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Unsuspend for all China and HKG routes
runner450 and wongbr like this.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 11:55 am

Programs: UA Million Mile, Mileage Plus Premier 1K, SkyMiles Gold Medallion, AAdvantage Gold
3x weekly LAX-BNE to give BNE 6x weekly service when combined with SFO seems likely (maybe SFO goes to 4x weekly at the same time to make it daily). Something to New Zealand will probably happen as well, but I am unsure if they want to compliment NZ and offer SFO-CHC or compete and offer LAX-AKL.

No idea how many total routes will be announced, but DEN-SYD is possible. It is shorter than IAH-SYD, and DEN has surpassed IAH post-pandemic as a hub.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by DA201
3x weekly LAX-BNE to give BNE 6x weekly service when combined with SFO seems likely (maybe SFO goes to 4x weekly at the same time to make it daily). Something to New Zealand will probably happen as well, but I am unsure if they want to compliment NZ and offer SFO-CHC or compete and offer LAX-AKL.

No idea how many total routes will be announced, but DEN-SYD is possible. It is shorter than IAH-SYD, and DEN has surpassed IAH post-pandemic as a hub.
I don't think DEN-SYD is likely given DEN's altitude which makes take offs difficult.

On the other hand, given UA's South Pacific growth, I would agree that LAX-BNE, LAX-AKL, and SFO-CHC seem possible. Maybe LAX-PPT as well to put pressure on the DL flight.

Other things I'd like to see: LAX-TPE/FRA/ICN
uanj likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.