Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Who handles rebooking for misconnection on codeshare?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2023, 5:46 am
Original Poster

I have an upcoming trip IAD-YYZ-FCO that I booked on United.com, with both flights as UA codeshares operated by AC. Turns out the IAD-YYZ leg is often delayed and sometimes cancelled. If IAD-YYZ is delayed long enough that I miss the YYZ-FCO flight, do I work with UA or AC to rebook? Does that depend on whether I know I'm going to misconnect before or after I depart from IAD? Any advice folks might have for handling this situation? TIA!
Old Mar 17, 2023, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Day of travel you should work with AC.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 6:32 am

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
For IATA airlines it is always the late delivering carrier that is responsible for fixing things. E.g if it's an AC operated flight AC is always responsible for doing ng what is needed to get to your final destination -- it doesn't matter of it was booked as an AC or UA flight number. This is generally true of any interline itinerary, not just within the alliances, e.g. if I book an OM ticket connecting to UA and OM causes a misconnection OM would have to figure out how to get me to the destination.
jsloan likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
It's the operating carrier's responsibility (AC), but if you were a 1K on an 016 ticket, in practice UA phone agents will also be willing to help you most of the time, and that can be the easier answer.
jsloan, wrp96 and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 9:50 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by findark
It's the operating carrier's responsibility (AC), but if you were a 1K on an 016 ticket, in practice UA phone agents will also be willing to help you most of the time, and that can be the easier answer.
Any solution that bypasses AC is a good idea to try.
SPN Lifer and doug_999 like this.
Old Mar 17, 2023, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
Any solution that bypasses AC is a good idea to try.
Indeed. Avoid AC if you can. At IAD ... ask UA to re-route you.
SPN Lifer and doug_999 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.