Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Million Miler's Acknowledgement by UA, Preboarding?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2023, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Mileage Plus

Campaigning United to make a simple change to their pre-boarding process to allow Million Miler's to pre-board with the GS &1K'rs. I believe this gesture would cost little to nothing for them to change, and a nice way to acknowledge, and show appreciation for, those of us who have spent tens of thousands of dollars and lots of butt in seat time to reach one million miles or more! What do you think Million Miler's and soon to be MM's, want to make this happen, let me know?
Old Mar 9, 2023, 3:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Originally Posted by UA1MMiler
Campaigning United to make a simple change to their pre-boarding process to allow Million Miler's to pre-board with the GS &1K'rs. I believe this gesture would cost little to nothing for them to change, and a nice way to acknowledge, and show appreciation for, those of us who have spent tens of thousands of dollars and lots of butt in seat time to reach one million miles or more! What do you think Million Miler's and soon to be MM's, want to make this happen, let me know?
I’m 75% of the way to MM and not likely to requalify for 1K this year. Anyway they could extend the pre-boarding to the .75MM Club?
Old Mar 9, 2023, 3:55 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
UA already offers this at the 3 million+ level
Markie, Doppy, mbluecpa and 31 others like this.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by sannmann
I’m 75% of the way to MM and not likely to requalify for 1K this year. Anyway they could extend the pre-boarding to the .75MM Club?
You want to board slightly ahead of group 1. 0.75 is also known as the last (1K) preboarding subgroup. 🤪🎈
Old Mar 9, 2023, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Preboarding is already potentially messy; putting them in group 1 would be acknowledgment enough.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by ContinentalFan
Preboarding is already potentially messy; putting them in group 1 would be acknowledgment enough.
1MM already gets group 1 boarding.
jsloan, SPN Lifer, tods27 and 11 others like this.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
I can live without it.
jsloan, drewguy and RetiredATLATC like this.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
1MM already gets group 1 boarding.
Gold!
SPN Lifer and lsquare like this.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
No way should United make pre-boarding an even larger group. Couldn't disagree w/ OP more. I understand the sentiment though and I'll respectfully disagree.

Many on here argue pre-boarding is already a ridiculous sized group and should be broken out and the rest of the boarding zones altered. When United got rid of the original board group signs and now just has a "1" and a "2" they can go to an infinite number of boarding groups. As it is, Group 1 thinks they should board when "1K pre-boarding" is called. United could go out to 8 or 9 groups and then maybe include MMs in one of the earlier groups.

But let's remember, UA doesn't do a great job of recognizing MMs anyway and it's not currently reflected on BPs.

-RM
Old Mar 9, 2023, 5:25 pm

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Originally Posted by UA1MMiler
Rebate/loyalty benefits that incur an ongoing cost to companies (bonus points in addition to redeemable points) almost always follow a WHYDFML (what have you done for me lately) system. Status lasts a year without any extensions. What you did last year benefits you both that year (provided one hits a minimum level early) as well as the full next year, regardless of spend once status has been achieved. Benefits for longevity that don't actually impact the bottom line significantly at the expense of others that are current contributors seems like it would alienate the current people a company is enticing to spend. Life expectancies increase, historical fare adjusted for inflation continue to drop. To reward someone ahead of current "earners" seems very counterproductive for a company. When people now can earn 23,000,000 miles vs in the 1960s where fares were MUCH higher and 1,000,000 was incredible, it seems foolish to prioritize people that are not currently contributing as "high earners" for an infinite time above those that are currently "high earners". Reminds me of a Springsteen song about "the good ole days" and a pitcher who used to be able to bring heat.
SPN Lifer, UA_Flyer and uanj like this.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 5:29 pm

Programs: -=- UA: GS + 3.9 Million Miler; Hilton: Diamond; Marriott: Gold; Hertz: President's Circle
Fly more if you want that perk and move out of my way as I board before you.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Stop preboarding and start assigning more numbers!
Old Mar 9, 2023, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by mduell
Stop preboarding and start assigning more numbers!
I would support some changes to the current mess.
Often, there are no places for GS, 1K, people with assistance to line up to pre-board (using IAD as example of a ghetto airport with smaller boarding areas). The current Group 1 is effectively Group 6 (after people needing assistance, military, GS, 1K, families with kids less than 2-year old), so you get a mass of people trying to pre-board with no dedicated areas to wait or line up. Some have to struggle going through Group 1 lane hoping not to trip over others.

Perhaps it is just as simple as setting up a pre-boarding lane, but I am sure there are complexities that I have overlooked.
Not supportive of adding MM to the mix because preboarding is already a mess and below post:

Originally Posted by fastair
Rebate/loyalty benefits that incur an ongoing cost to companies (bonus points in addition to redeemable points) almost always follow a WHYDFML (what have you done for me lately) system. Status lasts a year without any extensions. What you did last year benefits you both that year (provided one hits a minimum level early) as well as the full next year, regardless of spend once status has been achieved. Benefits for longevity that don't actually impact the bottom line significantly at the expense of others that are current contributors seems like it would alienate the current people a company is enticing to spend. Life expectancies increase, historical fare adjusted for inflation continue to drop. To reward someone ahead of current "earners" seems very counterproductive for a company. When people now can earn 23,000,000 miles vs in the 1960s where fares were MUCH higher and 1,000,000 was incredible, it seems foolish to prioritize people that are not currently contributing as "high earners" for an infinite time above those that are currently "high earners". Reminds me of a Springsteen song about "the good ole days" and a pitcher who used to be able to bring heat.
Well said!
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by UA_Flyer; Mar 9, 2023 at 6:58 pm
Old Mar 9, 2023, 7:02 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Another preboarding group is the wrong way to go.

Preboarding for 1Ks should be eliminated and 1Ks could become the true BG1, with other boarding groups starting at BG2 (Gold, Plat, First/Business, ...)
The present arrangement is silly.

It would make no effective difference in 1K access to seats or OHB space but it would clean up the mess in the boarding area.

Then adding 1 & 2MMers to the new BG1/1Ks is a possibility.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Another preboarding group is the wrong way to go.

Preboarding for 1Ks should be eliminated and 1Ks could become the true BG1, with other boarding groups starting at BG2 (Gold, Plat, First/Business, ...)
The present arrangement is silly.

It would make no effective difference in 1K access to seats or OHB space but it would clean up the mess in the boarding area.

Then adding 1 & 2MMers to the new BG1/1Ks is a possibility.
How so? It's always a gong show near the boarding area. People who have no business being in the line are lining up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.