Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance Lounge access - BCN & BRU

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2023, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Star Alliance Lounge access - BCN & BRU

I travel mainly domestically for business. I have a United Club membership, and am Star Alliance Gold (also have priority pass). I am taking my family (spouse and 2 kids ages 13 and 11) to Europe this summer. We will be flying BCN-MUC and also BRU-IAD on the way home. Will I need to buy passes for my kids if we wanted to access and of the lounges at BCN or BRU? Am I entitled to just 1 guest or can I use PP for them as well? I appreciate any insight as I am not familiar with Europe or their airports.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Are you flying Business class?
Old Feb 27, 2023, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Give this tool a try - it will ask a little more detail in the "filters" drop down to narrow down access. Also, it lists the access policy (how many guests based on class of service, etc.) under "lounge access policy". But, I think it's only one guest per paid membership or UA *G.

https://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-finder
Old Feb 27, 2023, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
BlueZebra asked the most relevant question, as if you are all in business class, you will all get access to *A lounges (departure or connection only, not on arrival). You are correct that you can only guest 1 person into a *A lounge with your *G status, so that won't help unless your spouse also has status. PP doesn't have access to any *A lounges in BCN, MUC or BRU, so that won't help you. LH suspended lounge pass purchases, you might want to check in the LH forum to see if this is still the case.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 3:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by tods27
PP doesn't have access to any *A lounges in BCN, MUC or BRU, so that won't help you.
Priority Pass at BCN will get you into three lounges, including Sala VIP Pau Casals, which is the *A contract lounge at BCN. It's a nice lounge. We used it when flying LX to ZRH last year (in Y, I will add).
tods27 and quikj like this.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 4:34 pm

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Kacee
Priority Pass at BCN will get you into three lounges, including Sala VIP Pau Casals, which is the *A contract lounge at BCN. It's a nice lounge. We used it when flying LX to ZRH last year (in Y, I will add).
Good catch, I was focused on the *A lounges for some reason. Looking at the PP info on the Sala VIP Pau Casals, that is limited to 1 guest for each PP card holder. You could certainly check with their website to see if you can purchase passes. for the children. You might be able to make a case that you get access through *G + 1 guest and PP + 1 quest and maybe only need to purchase 1 pass (if possible).

There are PP lounges in MUC, but just not any of the *G (LH) lounges there. You might be able to purchase access to those. There are two in the Terminal 1 Schengen area: Airport Lounge Europa, and the Air France Lounge. Unfortunately they don't list any guest access policy on the PP app.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 7:59 pm

Programs: AM Plat, UA Plat, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Amex Plat
btw I found Pau Casals to be a very nice lounge for Europe. We recently used it as Business passengers with Emirates.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Unfortunately as of now, we are not business. But I appreciate the help from everyone. If I can upgrade to Polaris, it will make things much easier!
Old Feb 28, 2023, 11:17 am

Programs: MileagePlus-Premier Silver, Marriott Bonvoy-Silver Elite
Originally Posted by tods27
There are PP lounges in MUC, but just not any of the *G (LH) lounges there. You might be able to purchase access to those. There are two in the Terminal 1 Schengen area: Airport Lounge Europa, and the Air France Lounge. Unfortunately they don't list any guest access policy on the PP app.
There are a couple of Senator Lounges at MUC (for *G), 1 in G by gate G28 Schengen) and 1 in H by gate H24 non-Schengen. But it seems OP is arriving in MUC so unless you have an onward *A ticket, you don't have access.
And yes, everything is easier if flying Polaris

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.