Question: Lounge Use at CPT -

Old Feb 22, 2023, 9:47 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Question: Lounge Use at CPT -

We are flying United Business Class from CPT-EWR.

1. Which lounge can we use at CPT Airport?

2. Do they have showers?

Thank you -
Old Feb 22, 2023, 9:49 am

Programs: UA
Per https://www.united.com/en/us/fly/tra...locations.html, you can use the BA lounge. The BA website indicates that this lounge has a shower.
narvik likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 10:08 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by angetenar
Per https://www.united.com/en/us/fly/tra...locations.html, you can use the BA lounge. The BA website indicates that this lounge has a shower.
Thank you for that information! I was NOT expecting to be able to use the British Airways lounge, but will very much look to this before flying home.

We’d love to shower before boarding since we won’t be able to before coming to the airport (hotel ‘kicking us out’ at 11:00).

Sincerely,

F1
Old Feb 22, 2023, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
All lounge questions should be answered here: https://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-finder

Just plug in your airport and it will list the lounges that are available to you. The BA lounge is called out as the contract lounge for UA.

-RM
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 11:21 am

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by F1.Cullen
Thank you for that information! I was NOT expecting to be able to use the British Airways lounge, but will very much look to this before flying home.

We’d love to shower before boarding since we won’t be able to before coming to the airport (hotel ‘kicking us out’ at 11:00).

Sincerely,

F1
I'm like you, our CPT-IAD flight leaves 8:00pm. We will check out of the hotel at noon, do some sightseeing, then head to the airport at 6:00pm. I am glad to know we can take a shower before boarding after a day of puttering around Capetown.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 3:14 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by susiesan
I'm like you, our CPT-IAD flight leaves 8:00pm. We will check out of the hotel at noon, do some sightseeing, then head to the airport at 6:00pm. I am glad to know we can take a shower before boarding after a day of puttering around Capetown.
Exactly! Are you here now? When do you head out?
Old Feb 22, 2023, 3:15 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
All lounge questions should be answered here: https://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-finder

Just plug in your airport and it will list the lounges that are available to you. The BA lounge is called out as the contract lounge for UA.

-RM
Thank you!
Old Feb 22, 2023, 5:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Yes it’s the BA lounge which is pretty nice. Showers, lots of seats, buffet, menu code, plenty of drink choices. It was enough to where I could of skipped dinner on Polaris

SPN Lifer and narvik like this.

Last edited by Cthunder86; Feb 22, 2023 at 7:23 pm
Old Feb 22, 2023, 5:55 pm

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by Cthunder86
It was enough to where I could of skipped dinner on Polaris
That food looks better than Polaris food as well. is that an AN-124 on the tarmac?
MatthewLAX likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by escapefromphl
That food looks better than Polaris food as well. is that an AN-124 on the tarmac?
Looks like a Il-76 in Volga Dnepr colors.
uanj and escapefromphl like this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 9:00 am

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by F1.Cullen
Exactly! Are you here now? When do you head out?
My flight is not until May 26.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 10:18 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by susiesan
My flight is not until May 26.
I can report that it was a total and complete success using the BA Lounge at CPT and showers were available.

There are 2 showers, so make sure you give yourself a little time, but the requests for showers didn’t seem to be too high in number.

As soon as we walked in, one was available, so my wife used it, then left the suitcase in there for me when she was done snd we swapped places (since we bith had our change of clothes in the same suitcase).
Old Feb 24, 2023, 10:21 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by mduell
Looks like a Il-76 in Volga Dnepr colors.
Probably there for the joint military/navy operations.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Can one access the BA lounge at CPT on account of being *Gold? It's pretty obvious now that my upgrade to Polaris tomorrow won't clear.

ETA: yeah, looks like *Gold is enough to get me in. (At first I didn't notice the link to the lounge policy on the Star Alliance tool referenced upthread.)
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by iapetus; Apr 24, 2023 at 7:28 am Reason: answering my own question
Old Apr 25, 2023, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Well, apparently, *Gold status is not sufficient to gain access to any of the lounges at CPT. At least, that’s what I’ve been told. And I see that the Star Alliance Lounge finder is not quite clear about this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.