Wiki Posts
Search

United Award Search Engine Discrepancies

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2023, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Gov't Travel Aficionado, UA Plat
United Award Search Engine Discrepancies

I've been using the old search engine (https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/flight-search/book-a-flight) as I find it much easier to use, but recently, it has not been providing results that are being shown in the calendar (We are unable to process your request...). This is not true of all routes, but it's new and is certainly annoying. I started using the new search engine (https://www.united.com/en/us/book-flight/) because of this and have started noticing some distinct differences. Notice how the old search shows a saver award from LAX to DRW (as well as a couple of 88k days, but these aren't bookable in the search results, "unable to process request") while the new search does not? Using the old search, I was able to find a bookable LAX-MEL saver seat (IN) on this date that the new search doesn't give me. I've recently gone from 1K to Platinum, but even so, I should still see the same "expanded" saver business class availability, right? Or is the 1K more expanded than Platinum? Even so, there should be consistency across these two search engines.

Another more significant difference I noticed was saver award space to New Zealand. The old search engine shows saver business awards bookable in the results, and the calendar shows a plethora of dates available. The new search engine shows no saver business seats available.

Is anyone else seeing differences in the results of these two United award search engines?
Old Feb 8, 2023, 3:03 pm

I see all of this IN LAX/SFO - AKL availability in August that you are seeing in the new search tool.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Gov't Travel Aficionado, UA Plat
Originally Posted by Clemson
I see all of this IN LAX/SFO - AKL availability in August that you are seeing in the new search tool.
Thanks, Clemson. I just searched using on the app and it showed the IN as well. I had tried signing out/signing back in again on my computer but perhaps this is a cookies/browser (read: user error) thing.

​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.