Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

The UA Frequent Flyer Quiz Thread: *what* is this?

Old Feb 2, 2023, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC

Intending this to be a lighthearted companion to the "Where Is This" thread without being bound to geography.

Starting off which may be more of an indictment of my lack of culinary sophistication as anything else (for a moment I thought it was something scooped from a cat's litter box):
Old Feb 2, 2023, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hopefully not taking the lightheartedness down too much with a literal answer, but for that one I am pretty sure it's wheat berries, black beans, corn, red onion, feta dust, and maybe some kind of light vinaigrette-style dressing.

Honestly I actually find it to be better than some of the mains, so I'm a bit surprised by the negative reaction it's getting here. But to each one's own!

If this theme does take off I'm going to have to dig through photos for all my pictures of things the cleaner left behind.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 9:30 pm

Programs: UA 1k (12 year fallen GS) 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by fumje
Hopefully not taking the lightheartedness down too much with a literal answer, but for that one I am pretty sure it's wheat berries, black beans, corn, red onion, feta dust, and maybe some kind of light vinaigrette-style dressing.

Honestly I actually find it to be better than some of the mains, so I'm a bit surprised by the negative reaction it's getting here. But to each one's own!

If this theme does take off I'm going to have to dig through photos for all my pictures of things the cleaner left behind.
Close -- but actually that's what my neighbors dog threw up just before leaving our building here in NYC...
lincolnjkc, drgreg and mbluecpa like this.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 9:44 pm

(Continuing with the light-hearted theme here...) Feta dust -- is that what you sweep off the floor after making a Greek salad?
lincolnjkc likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Close -- but actually that's what my neighbors dog threw up just before leaving our building here in NYC...
Originally Posted by jpezaris
(Continuing with the light-hearted theme here...) Feta dust -- is that what you sweep off the floor after making a Greek salad?
Probably true! On both counts!
lincolnjkc likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 10:44 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Intending this to be a lighthearted companion to the "Where Is This" thread without being bound to geography.

Starting off which may be more of an indictment of my lack of culinary sophistication as anything else (for a moment I thought it was something scooped from a cat's litter box):
It's United's Master Chefs' and the Charlie Trotter Project's latest regionally-inspired cuisine - bringing a Colombian Calentado to 36,000 feet. Or for the layperson, basically throwing everything leftover from the prior night's kitchens, into an entirely new dish (think of the cost savings - 2, 3 or 4 dishes for the price of 1). (admittedly, I haven't tried it yet, but expect it on both Mexico City legs next week)
Old Feb 3, 2023, 11:00 am

Pig food medley.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by commaspace
Pig food medley.
Ah, its from the Trotter Project.

David
wpcoe likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 11:31 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
My nomination for Least Appetizing Meal photo.
tcdtcd and MarkyMarc like this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 2:18 pm

Drink the gin first. then eat.
tarheelnj and trooper like this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
My nomination for Least Appetizing Meal photo.
UA's 3Gs: The Glop, Grape and Gin Special.

David
MarkyMarc likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA Plat, HH Diamond, Supersonic (BA1Y, BA1223)

Ok, I admit it doesnt look all that appetizing, but I had it earlier this week and it was pretty good. At least spicey and not some bland noodle thing.
And the Pie in the Sky that came with it was a brown sugar/maple(?) instead of chocolate... That was a bit disppointing....
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.

Something served in a prison cafeteria?
Old Feb 4, 2023, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Looks like texas caviar a little heavy on the sauce.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 5:45 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by huey_driver
Ok, I admit it doesnt look all that appetizing, but I had it earlier this week and it was pretty good. At least spicey and not some bland noodle thing.
And the Pie in the Sky that came with it was a brown sugar/maple(?) instead of chocolate... That was a bit disppointing....
It's cookie butter (aka Biscoff butter), which is a temporary replacement while they can more chocolate ganache from the supply chain.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.