Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

The UA Frequent Flyer Quiz Thread: *what* is this?

The UA Frequent Flyer Quiz Thread: *what* is this?

Old Feb 2, 2023, 8:06 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: CLE, DCA, and 30k feet
Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Posts: 4,092
The UA Frequent Flyer Quiz Thread: *what* is this?

Intending this to be a lighthearted companion to the "Where Is This" thread without being bound to geography.

Starting off which may be more of an indictment of my lack of culinary sophistication as anything else (for a moment I thought it was something scooped from a cat's litter box):
lincolnjkc is offline  
Old Feb 2, 2023, 8:57 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11,260
Hopefully not taking the lightheartedness down too much with a literal answer, but for that one I am pretty sure it's wheat berries, black beans, corn, red onion, feta dust, and maybe some kind of light vinaigrette-style dressing.

Honestly I actually find it to be better than some of the mains, so I'm a bit surprised by the negative reaction it's getting here. But to each one's own!

If this theme does take off I'm going to have to dig through photos for all my pictures of things the cleaner left behind.
fumje is offline  
Old Feb 2, 2023, 9:30 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: NYC / TYO / Up in the Air
Programs: UA 1k (12 year fallen GS) 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Posts: 6,094
Originally Posted by fumje
Hopefully not taking the lightheartedness down too much with a literal answer, but for that one I am pretty sure it's wheat berries, black beans, corn, red onion, feta dust, and maybe some kind of light vinaigrette-style dressing.

Honestly I actually find it to be better than some of the mains, so I'm a bit surprised by the negative reaction it's getting here. But to each one's own!

If this theme does take off I'm going to have to dig through photos for all my pictures of things the cleaner left behind.
Close -- but actually that's what my neighbors dog threw up just before leaving our building here in NYC...
lincolnjkc, drgreg and mbluecpa like this.
bmwe92fan is offline  
Old Feb 2, 2023, 9:44 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 670
(Continuing with the light-hearted theme here...) Feta dust -- is that what you sweep off the floor after making a Greek salad?
lincolnjkc likes this.
jpezaris is offline  
Old Feb 2, 2023, 9:50 pm
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11,260
Originally Posted by bmwe92fan
Close -- but actually that's what my neighbors dog threw up just before leaving our building here in NYC...
Originally Posted by jpezaris
(Continuing with the light-hearted theme here...) Feta dust -- is that what you sweep off the floor after making a Greek salad?
Probably true! On both counts!
lincolnjkc likes this.
fumje is offline  
Old Feb 3, 2023, 10:44 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: SLC
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 234
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Intending this to be a lighthearted companion to the "Where Is This" thread without being bound to geography.

Starting off which may be more of an indictment of my lack of culinary sophistication as anything else (for a moment I thought it was something scooped from a cat's litter box):
It's United's Master Chefs' and the Charlie Trotter Project's latest regionally-inspired cuisine - bringing a Colombian Calentado to 36,000 feet. Or for the layperson, basically throwing everything leftover from the prior night's kitchens, into an entirely new dish (think of the cost savings - 2, 3 or 4 dishes for the price of 1). (admittedly, I haven't tried it yet, but expect it on both Mexico City legs next week)
MarkyMarc is offline  
Old Feb 3, 2023, 11:00 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 207
Pig food medley.
commaspace is online now  
Old Feb 3, 2023, 11:18 am
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: TOA
Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Posts: 20,061
Originally Posted by commaspace
Pig food medley.
Ah, its from the Trotter Project.

David
wpcoe likes this.
DELee is offline  
Old Feb 3, 2023, 11:31 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Jersey
Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Posts: 3,211
My nomination for Least Appetizing Meal photo.
tcdtcd and MarkyMarc like this.
tarheelnj is offline  
Old Feb 3, 2023, 2:18 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 762
Drink the gin first. then eat.
tarheelnj and trooper like this.
FlyingBeanCounter is offline  
Old Feb 3, 2023, 9:05 pm
  #11  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: TOA
Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Posts: 20,061
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
My nomination for Least Appetizing Meal photo.
UA's 3Gs: The Glop, Grape and Gin Special.

David
MarkyMarc likes this.
DELee is offline  
Old Feb 4, 2023, 12:36 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: IAD
Programs: UA Plat, HH Diamond, Supersonic (BA1Y, BA1223)
Posts: 201
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Intending this to be a lighthearted companion to the "Where Is This" thread without being bound to geography.

Starting off which may be more of an indictment of my lack of culinary sophistication as anything else (for a moment I thought it was something scooped from a cat's litter box):
Ok, I admit it doesnt look all that appetizing, but I had it earlier this week and it was pretty good. At least spicey and not some bland noodle thing.
And the Pie in the Sky that came with it was a brown sugar/maple(?) instead of chocolate... That was a bit disppointing....
SPN Lifer likes this.
huey_driver is offline  
Old Feb 4, 2023, 1:57 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: EWR, PHL
Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Posts: 4,636
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Intending this to be a lighthearted companion to the "Where Is This" thread without being bound to geography.

Starting off which may be more of an indictment of my lack of culinary sophistication as anything else (for a moment I thought it was something scooped from a cat's litter box):
Something served in a prison cafeteria?
1kBill is offline  
Old Feb 4, 2023, 2:10 pm
  #14  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Houston
Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Posts: 12,587
Looks like texas caviar a little heavy on the sauce.
mduell is offline  
Old Feb 4, 2023, 5:45 pm
  #15  
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: CT/NY
Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb
Posts: 5,933
Originally Posted by huey_driver
Ok, I admit it doesnt look all that appetizing, but I had it earlier this week and it was pretty good. At least spicey and not some bland noodle thing.
And the Pie in the Sky that came with it was a brown sugar/maple(?) instead of chocolate... That was a bit disppointing....
It's cookie butter (aka Biscoff butter), which is a temporary replacement while they can more chocolate ganache from the supply chain.
SPN Lifer likes this.
PTahCha is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.