UA Flight Search Results Format

Old Jan 28, 2023, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Alaska Mileage Plan, Marriott Bonvoy
UA Flight Search Results Format

Frustrated by flight search results formatted in rows instead of columns that comes and goes. It only allows you to see one flight option on your screen at a time. (Example below) I literally stop looking for flights when this format starts displaying.

I know I have seen discussions here in the past, but the most relevant I found was from 2021. Is there a way to permanently block this format?

*I have tried Chrome, IE and Edge and have cleared browsing HX and emptied cache.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA
Fascinating; I've never seen this search result format before. Have you tried Firefox?
Old Jan 28, 2023, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by Gabdawg
Frustrated by flight search results formatted in rows instead of columns that comes and goes. It only allows you to see one flight option on your screen at a time. (Example below) I literally stop looking for flights when this format starts displaying.

I know I have seen discussions here in the past, but the most relevant I found was from 2021. Is there a way to permanently block this format?

*I have tried Chrome, IE and Edge and have cleared browsing HX and emptied cache.
Thats the mobile friendly webpage. Your browser is likely transmitting via one of your extensions a mobile device UserAgent.

I get the same format youre seeing when I go via my phone browser

Old Jan 29, 2023, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Interesting. I have no idea how that is happening. I'll have to do some research because I never want to see that format again. Ha.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 12:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I find that the format is very easy to control. It's strictly based on screen size. If I zoom in on my browser or shrink my window, I get the row format. If I zoom out or enlarge my window, I get the columns.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA
That screen looks fairly wide to me.

Have you tried disabling some of your plugins?
Old Jan 29, 2023, 2:49 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by angetenar
That screen looks fairly wide to me.
The images above show pretty narrow windows to me relative to the content.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

The photo is from an older laptop full screen. Tried changing the display settings and don't seem to get away from the format. I'll keep playing around and appreciate the suggestions. I'm mostly relieved that this issue is on my end and not United forcing this format on me.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by Gabdawg
Tried changing the display settings and don't seem to get away from the format.
No need to change the display settings, just use the browser zoom function. That worked for me. I recommend Chrome or Firefox - IE and Edge are obsolete.
Old Jan 29, 2023, 11:44 pm

right click on your desktop, display settings, find scale and layout, change the size of text, apps, and other items.
yours is probably 200% or something, try to reduce it. it should solve the issue
I noticed this issue from other modeling programs

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.