Old Jan 3, 2023, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IAHMCI
UA12
ZRH - ORD
01/02/23

The Black Halibut

Thx for sharing.
Curious if that is the menu ex_Germany, UK, other EU as well ... ? ....
Old Jan 3, 2023, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dyce
I think I've finally crossed the frustration phase with United catering and now view it as a comedic experience. I mean, why do they find it so hard to deal with dressing on a salad?
Welcome to the party.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 8:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Dyce
I think I've finally crossed the frustration phase with United catering and now view it as a comedic experience. I mean, why do they find it so hard to deal with dressing on a salad?
It's hard to come up with the cheapest meal possible, so they struggle.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
On 959 yesterday we were offered the Pork Coppa this, what was delicious a couple months ago. This time is was dry as dust and with zero BBQ sauce. Terrible. In unrelated news we were short 2 FAs and the ones we had were running up and down the aisle like crazy.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by milepig
On 959 yesterday we were offered the Pork Coppa this, what was delicious a couple months ago. This time is was dry as dust and with zero BBQ sauce. Terrible. In unrelated news we were short 2 FAs and the ones we had were running up and down the aisle like crazy.
Same as ex-ZRH then. I would not be surprised if the FA "forget" the BBQ sauce, which goes well with with pork.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Same as ex-ZRH then. I would not be surprised if the FA "forget" the BBQ sauce, which goes well with with pork.
Possible, but the crew was overall good, the sauce made the dish when it was included. (and was still mentioned on the menu)
Old Jan 3, 2023, 10:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by milepig
Sauce is expensive.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 10:14 am

GVA-EWR yesterday was awful. Breakfast which meant two choices - either breakfast sandwich or crepes. not acceptable for a 9 hour intercontinental flight. At least have an omelet or something, I think second meal USA-EU was better than this meal

second meal was standard couscous or hamburger Wellington
Old Jan 3, 2023, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by IAHMCI
UA12
ZRH - ORD
01/02/23

The Black Halibut

Same menu yesterday LHR->ORD. I asked for the Tikki Masala, which I would expect to be very good out of London. But catering subbed in a chicken breast meal of some type instead. Will post some pics later.

Originally Posted by fumje
Huh, they've revived the EUR-USA menu from late summer last year. Although looks like no more green goddess on the bottom of the salad.

I like that fish, even if it is pretty small.
Mine had the dressing on the bottom still. FA was even telling everyone when dropping off the tray to dig for the dressing. Haha
Old Jan 3, 2023, 10:56 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Polaris preorder?

My PP U/G cleared for Friday EWR-AMS. Haven't flown Polaris in years. Am I correct that it is not possible to preorder my meals?

Although I do plan to visit the PL beforehand . . .
Old Jan 3, 2023, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by elitefreak
My PP U/G cleared for Friday EWR-AMS. Haven't flown Polaris in years. Am I correct that it is not possible to preorder my meals?

Correct. No pre-orders in Polaris currently available.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 11:42 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
No menus SIN-SFO UA 28 last night. Choices were Beef Tenderloin, Chicken, and vegetarian. Appetizer was some stuffed chicken. No bread selection, just a generic roll. Didn't get my beef first choice in 3A, but I think there were a lot of GS/1K onboard.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by elitefreak

I'm totally sold on EWR Polaris Lounge for dinner (the burger is always consistent & delicious, at least for me) before flying to Europe. After a full meal and a couple of (great) drinks, I'm ready to maximize sleep on the flight over vs. eating a so-so meal in-flight and wasting 90+ mins of potential sleep / wind down.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
UA 944 ORD-FRA 2 Jan

Pre flight meal in the ORD PL, burger was good as usual but it seems to shrink each time I order it. Sign of the times I guess. I can't remember what the cocktail was called but it was off the drink menu and had brandy and champagne in it. I wanted to try something different but went with an old fashioned for round two.

In flight service was ok, friendly attendants yet mostly hands off. No acknowledgement of status or real conversation. Business only: get it served and over with was the meal flow. That was ok with me because I wanted to sleep.

I had the beef, it was very tender and the sauce was a bit sweet but ok. Pretzel roll was lightly warmed and not hard as a rock for once. The salad was completely forgettable and nothing more than noodles and veggies in a bowl and the provided balsamic dressing did not pair well with it. There was no feta mousse (probably a good thing).

Cheese plate for dessert. They do need to start offering more than one packet of crackers with it though.

I chose the egg dish for breakfast and it was basically the same as every other egg dish UA serves, just named differently. The toasted pita slices that came with it were like pieces of cardboard and utterly awful. Who ever though they were being creative with that element clearly was not able to convert a culinary idea into practice.

In flight pics are dark as the overhead reading lights were not functioning in the whole J cabin. Strange. Only had one take of the breakfast pic, and of course it didn't turn out. But it still conveys how awful that food & presentation was.

Old Jan 3, 2023, 6:38 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Wine recommendations?

I know not to get my oenophilic hopes up, but can anyone recommend the best red (and white) currently pouring EWR-EU?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.