Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Connecting flight at different airport for passengers needing assistance Question

Connecting flight at different airport for passengers needing assistance Question

Old Oct 27, 2022, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
Travel between EWR and JFK is pretty miserable no matter how one does it.
Without luggage or even with some light luggage, and assuming mobility, not at all miserable, public transport would be recommended for a lot of reasons: 1-2 hrs depending on waiting time.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 7:05 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.98MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Without luggage or even with some light luggage, and assuming mobility, ...
Neither appears to be relevant for the OP's described situation.

Originally Posted by jamesbondc
...they will be on wheelchair. .....
??? NYC public transit in a wheelchair & out-of-towners

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Oct 27, 2022 at 7:12 pm
Old Oct 27, 2022, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA, but I play the field
Originally Posted by guv1976
Who's going to meet them at the gate at a connecting airport in Europe? And if the connecting airport is in the U.S., no one can meet them at the gate because they will be going through Immigration and Customs.
The suggestion I was endorsing involved direct flights between JFK and Delhi, no connecting airports in Europe.

Originally Posted by guv1976
Exactly, and that's true no matter where they connect. The point is that some poster(s) suggested up-thread that the OP meet his parents at the connecting airport. That obviously is not practical at a lot of connecting airports, whether traveling to India or from India.
I had assumed from the OP's handle that he is in Washington, D.C. However, a quick skim of his prior posts suggests he may in fact reside in India, in which case the suggestion of personally walking them through a US change of airport or terminal indeed does not make sense.

Bottom line: I hope the OP can find a way to minimize complicated connections for his parents.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA 1k
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Without luggage or even with some light luggage, and assuming mobility, not at all miserable, public transport would be recommended for a lot of reasons: 1-2 hrs depending on waiting time.
I guess that depends of your personal definition of miserable. As of right now (Saturday afternoon) Google quotes 1:45 minutes with 3 or 4 changes. Even with ok mobility and limited luggage that's a bit of challenge for someone who isn't familiar with NY Transit

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.