Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

MileagePlus IT Upgrade - 15-16 Oct 2022 -- Multi issues / broken functionality

MileagePlus IT Upgrade - 15-16 Oct 2022 -- Multi issues / broken functionality

Old Oct 16, 2022, 8:42 pm

App not showing posted PQP / PQS

Since the upgrade I’ve noticed that when new flights post to my MP account it just shows the redeemable miles earned along with the “passenger name”. (Which is me. Duh)

But I can’t see earned PQP / PQS per segment in the app. Just miles.

Logging in on a web browser I can still see all details per segment.
IMissThe747 likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So it turns out this "upgrade" wasn't an upgrade. Quelle surprise.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 12:11 am

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Anyone experiencing search result page freezing problem? Sometimes it jump back to homepage after I click 'Find flights' button, very annoying.
AirbusFan2B likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 8:51 am

Programs: AA EP, United Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
When I contacted support again today about my missing miles they said this:

We're still in the middle of a system maintenance and I am encountering a system issue as of the moment. The enhancement is still on going. I will be taking note of your concern and will work on it once my tools are working.

Last edited by VTrain; Oct 17, 2022 at 8:57 am
Old Oct 17, 2022, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by fumje
So it turns out this "upgrade" wasn't an upgrade. Quelle surprise.
How do you know what was done or wasn't done? What, specifically, did UA promise that wasn't done? UA never said anything about changing user functionality. All they said was to prepare for some parts of the MP system to be down for a few hours over the weekend, and gave a brief, not-at-all detailed explanation as to why (most likely because it was all back-end stuff). Everything else was folks on here reading into it far more than it actually was.
SPN Lifer and dmurphynj like this.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rmadisonwi
How do you know what was done or wasn't done? What, specifically, did UA promise that wasn't done? UA never said anything about changing user functionality. All they said was to prepare for some parts of the MP system to be down for a few hours over the weekend, and gave a brief, not-at-all detailed explanation as to why (most likely because it was all back-end stuff). Everything else was folks on here reading into it far more than it actually was.
I was addressing the discussion here, not what UA said, which wasn't much.

Of course they have to maintain their computer systems. But I don't see any issue with noting when it has negative consequences for their customers.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA GS, UA 2MM, HH LT Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by gokeeper
Anyone experiencing search result page freezing problem? Sometimes it jump back to homepage after I click 'Find flights' button, very annoying.
Same here, keeps logging me out, freezes when I try to search, etc. I just had the Access Denied error again. Expert Mode appears to be broken or removed too
Old Oct 17, 2022, 12:19 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by limey1K
... Expert Mode appears to be broken or removed too
That started awhile ago
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...site-down.html
Available on the UA phone app
Old Oct 17, 2022, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
What is going on with this cluster? Now it is trying to charge me for E+ when buying a ticket via the website. Fortunately, it allowed me to select after I purchased the ticket.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
That started awhile ago
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...site-down.html
Available on the UA phone app
Although it still worked on the website if using the +P upgrade option in search or in the old web interface. Now neither has expert mode info.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 12:47 pm

Programs: Latam Pass Black; UA 1K, 1MM; Marriott LT
Originally Posted by gokeeper
Same here.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ualboston1k
Since the upgrade I’ve noticed that when new flights post to my MP account it just shows the redeemable miles earned along with the “passenger name”. (Which is me. Duh)

But I can’t see earned PQP / PQS per segment in the app. Just miles.

Logging in on a web browser I can still see all details per segment.
I noticed this as well. Hopefully its just a hiccup in their maintenance, and not a new 'enhancement.'
Old Oct 17, 2022, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Maybe they're moving from a 386 to a 486.
Funny you mention this.... after DTWRR closed (rather, allowed work from home), I had to do something in the area... I actually checked out the building. There was a BUNCH of old Burroughs/Unisys equipment (mainframes, CRT's, etc) ... headed for a dumpster.
SPN Lifer and DJ_Iceman like this.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K - 2.1MM, HH LT Diamond, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob
Now my UC membership has disappeared from the app and online it says wallet and subscriptions is having display issues. I called UC membership and there was a 40 minute hold time so I called web support and there was no wait. They said it went out at 2:30 this morning and they’ve been getting calls all day and the clubs have been struggling with drama too.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
What is up with these incompetent people?

Last edited by CApreppie; Oct 17, 2022 at 7:05 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.