Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

MileagePlus IT Upgrade - 15-16 Oct 2022 -- Multi issues / broken functionality

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MileagePlus IT Upgrade - 15-16 Oct 2022 -- Multi issues / broken functionality

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2022, 8:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold
Today I received a targeted (maybe) email from United with the subject "Take 15% off your next flight. That's it. That's the email."

Sounds interesting, yeah? I open it and it's "exclusive savings for 18 to 23 year olds." It's auto-addressed to me, with my name, MileagePlus number, and MileagePlus balance included in the email.

Only thing is there are no 18-23 year olds in my household, on my United profile, on my wife's United profile... nowhere. Nor has there been, at least not for the few decades since I was in that age range myself.

So, perhaps another IT bug.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mnredfox
I would cancel the request and reapply. Recently I had a flight where my PP didn’t work properly because of this out of sync issue due to schedule change.
Did it today. It's appearing correctly in the system now. Glad I did it. Hopefully no schedule changes result in having to do it again.
ZenFlyer likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by yyzprincess
IT Update Nightmare continues. My Reservation in December , Checked my P+ upgrades .
SFO-EWRDEC 6 WL
SFO-EWR DEC 6 WL
SIN -SFO Dec 7 WL
EWR-YYZ DEC 8 WL

"This reservation is out of sync. Please check your reservation details for the most up-to-date information. You may also need to submit your upgrade request again".
I called 1K desk. The agent noted the This reservation is not out of sync. The Upgrades are correctly applied .

HUCA Same answer.!
I had one of these. The upgrade applied as normal at about t-60 hrs and one line disappeared. I then cancelled the other one manually after I got home and everything looks fine now.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 7:30 pm

I am trying to buy tickets online with miles and moving between dates. The website has logged me off 3 times already. And I am not inactive, I choose a new date and BAM, logged off.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
I can't seem to pull up any of my reservations at the moment.
threecap likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
Hmmm. Dot.bomb can't find any of my itins all of a sudden. Says none of the PNRs are valid. Oooops!
BThumme likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 1:26 pm

Programs: United, EVA, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by BThumme
I can't seem to pull up any of my reservations at the moment.
I am having the same issue. My error is "Your confirmation number, a 6 character alphanumeric code, and/or last name is not valid."
BThumme likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm getting the same thing on the web. The mobile app gives a similar error.
BThumme and threecap like this.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by RK23
I am having the same issue. My error is "Your confirmation number, a 6 character alphanumeric code, and/or last name is not valid."
I got that error eventually.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
I was getting the error - but works now on the web - at least for me.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL DM
Getting the same error as those above. It works occasionally on web. But when I try to change a flight on the website, since that's the only one working, I'm getting a blank page when searching for the replacement flight. This is not a same day change.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by threecap
Getting the same error as those above. It works occasionally on web. But when I try to change a flight on the website, since that's the only one working, I'm getting a blank page when searching for the replacement flight. This is not a same day change.
Same thing. Been monitoring prices for a flight change and haven't been able to change a flight for two days now. Hope it's fixed soon.

Edit: Three days now and can't change any of my flights on website or on app. Frustrating.

Last edited by zeus2120; Nov 10, 2022 at 10:56 am
Old Nov 11, 2022, 1:30 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by zeus2120
Same thing. Been monitoring prices for a flight change and haven't been able to change a flight for two days now. Hope it's fixed soon.

Edit: Three days now and can't change any of my flights on website or on app. Frustrating.
Same and it recently broke on the Android app too.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by thejaredhuang
Same and it recently broke on the Android app too.
I just found a temporary work around. When on the desktop site and trying to change flights, put "j" in the requested fare class. It will then work. Any other letter doesn't for me.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 5:53 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Maxwell Smart
I'm of the opinion that it was a VERY DELIBERATE (and sleazy) decision to put the E+ column after fully refundable instead of after economy, ... .
Would be equally sleazy to put the fully refundable fare after the E+ fare, perhaps hoping some would think the refundable fare was also E+?? Seems this is a cup half empty, half full situation -- it could be viewed either way.

Note in the original image, the third example, the fully refundable was just $5 more than the E+ (the reverse of the first two cases). The problem is the two are separate enhancements on the normal economy fare but neither is accumulative.

Just as the next column(s) after fully refundable, business / first are not refundable

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Dec 3, 2022 at 5:59 pm Reason: typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.