Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA IT issue: Required security questions/authentication every logon, -- Fixed?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2022, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 4MM, RCC life member (paid), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, CLEAR

Since yesterday united.com via Windows browser Google Chrome cannot remember me. I checked the Chrome setup accepting cookies and also specifically listed united.com, but every time I log in I have to answer the two security questions. I double checked and restarted the windows multiple times, but still have to answer the two questions every time. All other websites do not have this problem.
While logged on, the online survey also keeps popping up, very annoying.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 12:48 pm

Same here. Using united.com on MacOS Monterey 12.5.1 and Firefox 105.0. Have logged into the website a few times yesterday and today and had to complete the security questions each time. Was also getting the survey yesterday, but have not had that happen today. Survey opened with a great question
dtc likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by PanAmWT
Since yesterday united.com via Windows browser Google Chrome cannot remember me. I checked the Chrome setup accepting cookies and also specifically listed united.com, but every time I log in I have to answer the two security questions. I double checked and restarted the windows multiple times, but still have to answer the two questions every time. All other websites do not have this problem.
I've also got the bit where it doesn't remember me. I'm using Firefx on MacOS.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
Same for me. Chrome on Windows.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
United Club Chocolate Chip Cookies: Usually pretty good
United.com Cookies that let your browser remember you: Terrible. Vanish without warning. Expire faster than unrefrigerated sushi.

United should try Amazon's cookie recipe. Those are indestructible, last for years. Maybe decades.
sexykitten7 likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Truly terrible right now. Having to answer security questions every time. Hope UA fixes this asap.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 12:32 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

And I thought it was only my laptop. Thanks.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by scottpenderson
Same here. Using united.com on MacOS Monterey 12.5.1 and Firefox 105.0. Have logged into the website a few times yesterday and today and had to complete the security questions each time. Was also getting the survey yesterday, but have not had that happen today. Survey opened with a great question
United: A or B? [now with poll!]

David
Old Sep 23, 2022, 3:42 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Since yesterday united.com via Windows browser Google Chrome cannot remember me. ....
I thought it was because I traveled to EUrope the landed of the massive cookie requests at every website. Yes it is a pain, especially since one is constantly checking the return waitlist.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 12:59 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
I have been trying to book an itinerary and can't get it to ticket. Finally called in and the 1K agent confirmed there are known IT issues that are being worked on. She was also unable to complete the purchase of the itinerary on her end.
I don't know if it's related or not, but every time I log into the United web site, I am getting the "we don't recognize this device" and have to answer the usual security questions. It's not just me as my S.O. is having the same issues.
So just a "heads up" if you are trying to book a ticket tonight.
YES, same here. Glad it’s not just me.
Having to answer those security questions EVERY SINGLE TIME on my phone and iPad are beyond frustrating !!
Old Sep 25, 2022, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Same for me. Chrome on Windows.
Still happening today
Old Sep 25, 2022, 9:50 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Yep, every day. United REALLY needs to know my favorite dog breed, it seems...
Old Sep 25, 2022, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Still happening today
Originally Posted by seanp7
Yep, every day. United REALLY needs to know my favorite dog breed, it seems...
It seems that the stupid AB poll is gone, but annoying security Qs are still there every time when I try to log in.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 11:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by unitedbusiness
YES, same here. Glad it’s not just me.
Having to answer those security questions EVERY SINGLE TIME on my phone and iPad are beyond frustrating !!
I thought it was just me? It's been that way since Friday
Old Sep 26, 2022, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
... The iditic questions are still there ... every time...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.