Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Play the Mile Badge Game -- 1 Oct - 31 Dec 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Play the Mile Badge Game -- 1 Oct - 31 Dec 2022

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2022, 6:49 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
It seems that these gamification offers are available only if you are not offered an alternative quarterly offer. In my case, I got 10 miles/$1 for gas and 5 miles/$1 for groceries, up to $1,500 in spend.
hsawaknow likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 5:01 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by PTahCha
It seems that these gamification offers are available only if you are not offered an alternative quarterly offer. In my case, I got 10 miles/$1 for gas and 5 miles/$1 for groceries, up to $1,500 in spend.
I got both the 10miles/$1 gas and 5 miles/$1 Grocery + Amazon and the Badge game offer. I typically spend under $1000 a year on this card. My spend is typically only when I get bonus categories
Old Oct 5, 2022, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by darkrider
I was eligible on my explorer card. I tend to only use this card when I get promotions. For anyone participating, how fast does it update when you complete an activity? I signed up for offers/emails but neither badge shows updated for me.
It says 6-8 weeks after the end of the promotion which is well into Feb 2023 although in past promotions it seems to be around 3-6 week mark.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I got both the 10miles/$1 gas and 5 miles/$1 Grocery + Amazon and the Badge game offer. I typically spend under $1000 a year on this card. My spend is typically only when I get bonus categories
Same. I got both, too, but only 5x on gas and groceries until 9/30. Wish I could get 10x on gas!!!!!
Old Oct 13, 2022, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Originally Posted by Eneka
got it on my Quest

This is the one that was closest to mine. Everything identical except 4000 miles if I spend $6500 on the card.

My UA Explorer card is already in my digital wallet. Do I just need to do the five purchases?

This reminds me of one of those convoluted Starbucks Rewards do x activities/purchases games they roll out a couple times a year that are not worth proactively doing anymore since they devalued the reward redemption a few years ago.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 12:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; UA Gold; Marriott Gold; Accor Gold;
data point - I completed the download the Chase app badge and sign up for marketing email badges on Oct. 3- Just got credit for the app badge. So it seems that something is working....
Old Oct 18, 2022, 12:40 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
This came up on my home page in the app and when I entered my details it told me I was ineligible. This happened three times - the third time was not the charm. It was just a complete waste of time.

I understand targeted promotions but this was just ridiculous. End of rant
Old Oct 18, 2022, 5:03 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Originally Posted by CApreppie
My UA Explorer card is already in my digital wallet. Do I just need to do the five purchases?
I'm wondering about this, since my UA card was already in my digital wallet, too. Two badges show a progress bar: "Spend/Transactions as of October 08, 2022**." No progress bar on the digital wallet badge, despite having used it for 3 or 4 purchases. Do we have to remove the card and re-add it?
Old Oct 18, 2022, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by tex1721
data point - I completed the download the Chase app badge and sign up for marketing email badges on Oct. 3- Just got credit for the app badge. So it seems that something is working....
Thanks for the data point. I signed up for the ads and it finally took effect for me too. 2 easy badges down
Old Nov 2, 2022, 12:52 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; UA Gold; Marriott Gold; Accor Gold;
Thanks for the data point. I signed up for the ads and it finally took effect for me too. 2 easy badges down
Still waiting on the marketing badge - turned off the allowance and then turned it back on (for all marketing emails) - this is becoming an annoying game.....

completed the 60 credit card transactions and apple pay badge too (no credit yet).

The new Nov.1 badge is just dumb. I am not pursuing this any longer (1 completed 3 pending) - would need another just for the 5 badge goal
Old Nov 2, 2022, 7:29 pm

If it is already in my wallet, do I need to remove it and reinstall to get that badge?
Old Nov 10, 2022, 5:53 pm

Bill Pay

Does anyone have this Bill Pay offer? If so, how do you set it up?
I watched the video Chase provided on setting up a bill pay, but there is no way to have it paid using the United card, the only option it gives me is my Chase checking account.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by imytch
Does anyone have this Bill Pay offer? If so, how do you set it up?
I watched the video Chase provided on setting up a bill pay, but there is no way to have it paid using the United card, the only option it gives me is my Chase checking account.
I don't read that as requiring billpay. I read that as a recurring bill, like your cell phone bill or electricity or streaming services. Anything automatic.
Old Dec 10, 2022, 11:45 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
I set up the digital wallet on Apple Pay in early November, used my United card 5x through Apple Pay on Nov 11 and my statement has since closed. However, I don't have the green check mark for completion yet. How long does this usually take?

I also opted in to receive Chase prizes and emails back in October -- this too hasn't got the completion check mark yet.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 12:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold
This game is fairly annoying. I received this on my Quest card.
I already have the card in my Apple wallet, I got credit for that activity.
I have already opted in to promotional emails from Chase, but it won’t let me complete that task.
I bought tickets for 3 flights this weekend and each time I tried to do the pay with “miles & money” but neither the United app nor their website on my desktop would give me the option to do so despite me reading a tutorial and watching a YouTube vid on how to do it. Like, the option was there a month ago but it’s just gone now.

I was hoping to accomplish some of the easy tasks but looks like I’m gonna end up failing to even get the bonus for finishing 5 of them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.