Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

United forced to suspend JFK service due to expiration/lack of slots, end of Oct 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United forced to suspend JFK service due to expiration/lack of slots, end of Oct 2022

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2022, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Because UA doesn't fly nonstop from California to New York.
Yet they do…

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Sep 10, 2022 at 1:08 pm Reason: discuss the issue, not the poster(s)
Old Sep 10, 2022, 1:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by EWR764
Yet they do…
Right.

Last edited by BlooJoo; Sep 10, 2022 at 1:35 pm
Old Sep 10, 2022, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Because UA doesn't fly nonstop from California to New York.
Pat yourself on the back and complain about UA's poor service all you want, but please don't misstate simple facts.

JimInOhio likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 1:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dkc192
Pat yourself on the back and complain about UA's poor service all you want, but please don't misstate simple facts.

Yeah, you're right. But not for long, as told to you by BlooJoo months agowhen this fiasco began.

Last edited by BlooJoo; Sep 10, 2022 at 1:36 pm
Old Sep 10, 2022, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by dkc192
Lots of falsehood being parroted around lol. Not to mention every single search will have Newark as part of NYC airports because it services the whole tri-state. Current iterations of Newark and LaGuardia are multitudes nicer than Kennedy.

Many major international airliners only service Kennedy so it makes sense UA is trying to walk back on previously misguided stance.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 3:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
If I take the EWR AirTrain and hop on any random NJ Transit train, I’m in Penn Station in about 35-40 minutes from walking out of the terminal.

If I take the JFK AirTrain and hop on the E train from Jamaica Station, I’m in Penn Station in about 40 minutes or I can pay up for the LIRR and shave off 10 minutes if I time it right.

So for anyone living or attending business in Manhattan, the airports are pretty much equidistant. The exception is for those who live in Queens, Brooklyn or Long Island.

I never understood the angst over Newark, especially given the giant Petri dish that is JFK.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 4:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bocastephen
I never understood the angst over Newark, especially given the giant Petri dish that is JFK.
The people are awful. The facilities are awful. The staff is awful. And it’s not a NY airport.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
All 3 airports are awful, LGA improved but stupid layout (way too much walking and sill odd bottlenecks for a very small airport pax-wise).
Old Sep 10, 2022, 4:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tcdtcd
All 3 airports are awful, LGA improved but stupid layout (way too much walking and sill odd bottlenecks for a very small airport pax-wise).
Not really. It depends on your terminal at all of them. JFK has mostly nice terminals. LGA now has mostly nice terminals. EWR has zero nice terminals.
featheroleather likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 4:42 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Let's try to return to the thread topic -- is UA going to get the slots it wants or will it be shutout of JFK for the lack of slots?

EWR is not the topic here.
Neither is the topic of which is most convenient for NY area. We been over that topic au nauseum. and the answer is -- people opinions vary, it depends.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
United747 and BlooJoo like this.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
I hope UA doesn't get any additional slots, and its existing slots expire. This whole patch work of re-entry into JFK has been an utter disaster.
TPJ likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 5:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Repooc17
I hope UA doesn't get any additional slots, and its existing slots expire. This whole patch work of re-entry into JFK has been an utter disaster.
❤️

They’ll love that too. Because they can blame others for their utter failure of their own making. 👍
TPJ likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Unless UA plans on running A321XLRs on the routes or adding a subfleet of MAX 10s with lie-flat, I can't imagine UA has the birds to actually fly both JFK-LAX and JFK-SFO at 10x daily and still maintain similar frequency out of EWR.
Stay tuned, but you're going in the right direction.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 6:45 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Stay tuned, but you're going in the right direction.
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Unless UA plans on running A321XLRs on the routes or adding a subfleet of MAX 10s with lie-flat, I can't imagine UA has the birds to actually fly both JFK-LAX and JFK-SFO at 10x daily and still maintain similar frequency out of EWR.
It’s already been fairly well-reported that some of the Max 10s will get lie flat seats
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by United747
It’s already been fairly well-reported that some of the Max 10s will get lie flat seats
I had not seen that anywhere. Only thing I recall seeing was that a 24 domestic F layout had been released for the MAX 10, but if there’s a link otherwise would love to see it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.